729 users online (119 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Vermont City Considering Limits Where Sex Offenders Can Live

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8644867

Barre VT is considering limiting where sex offenders can reside. The new proposition is limiting the offenders at least 1000 feet from schools, etc.

HOWEVER, if an offender already lives in the "buffer" zone, they will not be forced to move.

The area that is in question has the majority of residences in Barre, so what good is that going to do?

O'Reilly laid into Vermont last night on The O'Reilly Factor. I hope he keeps on their case. They need to start protecting their children from these creeps and hold the Judges and politicians accountable.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

I agree. I live in VT and it's scary being a mother here...

Quote Originally Posted by Starryskye View Post
    http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8644867

Barre VT is considering limiting where sex offenders can reside. The new proposition is limiting the offenders at least 1000 feet from schools, etc.

HOWEVER, if an offender already lives in the "buffer" zone, they will not be forced to move.

The area that is in question has the majority of residences in Barre, so what good is that going to do?

That would have been no bloody use in MJ's case, would it? he lived out in the boonies anyway. they simply shouldn't be allowed to live at all, is all i'm saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    That would have been no bloody use in MJ's case, would it? he lived out in the boonies anyway. they simply shouldn't be allowed to live at all, is all i'm saying.

I agree 100%....

Its as useless and meaningless as their "therapy" programs.

The only therapy they need is a bullet to the head
    They will never be treatable or cured or any other BS word they use for it.
    They are sexual deviants end of!
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Quote Originally Posted by Ciara View Post
    Amen to that!!

Quote Originally Posted by MeoW333 View Post
    Amen to that!!
    She's from the UK, but she's so totally American in her attitudes about this that is not even funny.

Thats because over here they are a bunch of loons about this stuff. Our sentences are a joke, our justice system is an even bigger joke and I am sick to the back teeth of criminals getting a better deal than victims and the rest of us having to worry left right and centre about us or our children becoming victims. When it comes to hurting children there should just be a "No way is it happening Policy and if you do it then you are going to pay and pay Big Time".....but thats just not how it is. Certain cases on this board affected me profoundly, Jessica Lunsford being one of them.
    I see NO reason not now not EVER that a man who does something like that deserves to breathe for longer than its necessary to put him six foot under where he can NEVER repeat his behaviour.
    I think thats the ONLY way to stop these freaks and its really as simple as that.
    Besides I just KNOW that if I was an American I would be a Texan
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Besides I just KNOW that if I was an American I would be a Texan

Damn straight!!!

I just posted this in another thread...

My sister lives in a nice neighborhood, determined to be close enough to the elementary school so that the school does not provide bus transportation. It is nearly a mile walk for the kids. Nearly all of the children are carpooled and driven by parents. Some are not. They have a registered pedophile living right along the walking route. Pretty disgusting.

I'd really have to take into account what they mean by sex offenders. I know for a fact that a bunch of people here think "pedophile" or "rapist" when they hear the term "sex offender", but sometimes it's often as simple as a 21 year old dating a 17 year old. I don't think that should land you in prison or get kicked out of a town.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    I'd really have to take into account what they mean by sex offenders. I know for a fact that a bunch of people here think "pedophile" or "rapist" when they hear the term "sex offender", but sometimes it's often as simple as a 21 year old dating a 17 year old. I don't think that should land you in prison or get kicked out of a town.
    I agree completely. Do the lists not differentiate between the violent predators and the dating youth?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast