California fires raging...N California check in.

heavenlydaze

Music keeps me sane!!!
Reaction score
Website
www.heavenlydaze.net
The fire in Paradise is about 32 miles north of us. We're in Yuba City (thankfully nothing here to burn), and there's a thread on this in the parking lot, but I know there's quite a few 'valley people' here at WS, and hope you'll check in and tell us you're safe and staying inside out of the smoke.

The smoke is really bad here. They're telling everyone not to go outside. I'm at work in our record store and I've got the air on but my eyes are still burning.

Has anyone heard from chicoliving? It's got to be awful where she is.

Latest article:

Thousands evacuated as California fires rage on
3 hours ago
LOS ANGELES (AFP) — More than 14,000 people have been evacuated from a northern California town as hundreds of out of control wildfires continued to burn across the state, officials said Wednesday.
Wind-driven flames leapt over fire lines at a rural community near the town of Paradise, 90 miles (144 kilometers) north of Sacramento and destroyed nearly 40 homes in the space of a few hours early Tuesday, emergency services said...

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5in2Hs2msHatv0wP_YPa8x_FC32fQ

It's smoky and hazy in the air here... and about 108 degrees outside. It's horrid! You can even smell the smoke in the air... I'm here in Sac.

I'm so sorry you guys!!! We had to evacuate once when I was living in San Diego and I can still remember how scared I was.

Ya'll be safe!!!

All CA members be careful.
I can't even imagine how bad the smoke and smoke smell are.
Here in SE Va, the Dismal Swamp had been burning for weeks. We smell smoke everyday and every few days it blows up here.
A huge percentage of the US needs rain.

All CA members be careful.
I can't even imagine how bad the smoke and smoke smell are.
Here in SE Va, the Dismal Swamp had been burning for weeks. We smell smoke everyday and every few days it blows up here.
A huge percentage of the US needs rain.

We are in Eastern North Carolina, so when it's not blowing on y'all it's blowing on us. :crazy:

We used to live on Beale AFB in Sac, CA. I hated the fires there from the rice fields. I cannot imagine how horrible it must be there now. Stay safe, and stay inside. I remember well the "spare the air" days.

We are fine here in Orange County ( southern California ). Prayers going out to my neighbors north

It's smoky and hazy in the air here... and about 108 degrees outside. It's horrid! You can even smell the smoke in the air... I'm here in Sac.

Yes, it's horrid outside. They just issued evacuation orders along hwy 70 to lake Oroville and in Shasta co north of hwy 299. The fire in Paradise is the big one closest to us. Lots of timber there.

My son's MIL is a nurse at the local hospital. She says a lot of people are coming in with breathing problems. The smoke is settling over the valley and the heat's not escaping. We're at 105 degrees and they're predicting 112 for tomorrow. Hope no one in town has a house fire in the next few days as most of our firefighters are in the foothills.

Here's a link to the local Chico station for anyone who needs updates.

http://www.khsltv.com/content/topstories/story.aspx?content_id=72c56749-8882-4c64-b742-3529fe0c0c0d

Thank god my daughter is here right now... she goes to Chico State and has an apt up there... it's bad here, but at least I don't have to worry about her.

Here are a couple of pics to show how bad our air is here in the valley:

smoky air.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie