CA - Joshua Ford, 25, shot to death, Compton, 9 July 2008

Starryskye

Reaction score
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-compton10-2008jul10,0,7050270.story

A 25-year-old handyman was fatally shot Tuesday afternoon while sitting inside his car in Compton, authorities said today.

The man, identified by his family as Joshua Ford, was in a parked car outside his home in the 1400 block of North Rose Avenue when a silver Mercedes-Benz pulled up next to him, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Denise Fuchs. Witnesses told police that a passenger in the Mercedes-Benz got out, approached the man and shot him multiple times, Fuchs said.

The gunman then got back into the Mercedes, which was driven by a woman, and sped off heading east on Peck Street, Fuchs said.

The shooting took place shortly after 3:30 p.m. Ford was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

This morning yellow circles on the street marked the spots were bullet casings had landed. A long strip of police tape remained tied to a street sign. Ford's family members and friends stood quietly in the backyard.

His older brother said Ford was the middle child in the family. He said they did not know if he was coming home or heading out to work when he was shot.

The man, who did not give his name, said he was angry. He said his brother had been shot four times. He said he wanted officials to do something about all the murders in Compton, a city that has one of the highest per-capita homicide rates in the nation for decades.

This is sad...like in Camden NJ and Detroit....gangs have taken over and take so many innocent lives.:behindbar

What a terrible thing to have happened. I hope the police catch them soon.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-compton10-2008jul10,0,7050270.story

A 25-year-old handyman was fatally shot Tuesday afternoon while sitting inside his car in Compton, authorities said today.

The man, identified by his family as Joshua Ford, was in a parked car outside his home in the 1400 block of North Rose Avenue when a silver Mercedes-Benz pulled up next to him, said Los Angeles County Sheriff's Deputy Denise Fuchs. Witnesses told police that a passenger in the Mercedes-Benz got out, approached the man and shot him multiple times, Fuchs said.

The gunman then got back into the Mercedes, which was driven by a woman, and sped off heading east on Peck Street, Fuchs said.

The shooting took place shortly after 3:30 p.m. Ford was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

This morning yellow circles on the street marked the spots were bullet casings had landed. A long strip of police tape remained tied to a street sign. Ford's family members and friends stood quietly in the backyard.

His older brother said Ford was the middle child in the family. He said they did not know if he was coming home or heading out to work when he was shot.

The man, who did not give his name, said he was angry. He said his brother had been shot four times. He said he wanted officials to do something about all the murders in Compton, a city that has one of the highest per-capita homicide rates in the nation for decades.

This is sad...like in Camden NJ and Detroit....gangs have taken over and take so many innocent lives.:behindbar

People who live in cities were the gangs have taken over had a chance to rid themselves of the trash but instead they marched in the streets against the police and everytime a gang member was arrested there were screams of "racism" and "police brutality". They refuse to partner with the police but rely on the corrupt leaders of their communites to deal with these problems. It has only gotten worse.

People have to take care of their own neighborhood problems. They allowed it to get out of control in the 80's, their sons are now dead or in prison and their neighborhood is like a war zone. They are raising their children in homes with rap music blaring the "wonderful" gang culture of drugs, guns and b**ches. They allow their kids to worship the likes of Tupac and BIG. They live on welfare and have no desire to do anything other than that

I am not only talking about the African-American gangs but the Latino gangs. I have family members in a Latino gang in Chicago. They are garbage.

Sadly, this is just one of the hundreds of murders that will take place in LA this year.

Scroll down to the CRIME header and read about Compton, CA. That's so. central Los Angeles. It's where Reginald Denny was near murdered on live tv during the L.A. Riots. It's been the most dangerous city in the USA for a very long time. 8X's the national crime rate. I clicked on this thread because I couldn't imagine a news story about a murder there. It's so common. Most of the violence never makes the news. home of the cripts & the bloods and tookie williams. One would have to be suicidal to drive thru the area. Following the 911 attack when the govt was talking about combatting terrorism one msg board user quipped; "It's about time. We've been living with it (domestic) for decades."

True life fottage of swat team gang sweeps & coroner's called out on tv regularly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton,_California

Scroll down to the CRIME header and read about Compton, CA. That's so. central Los Angeles. It's where Reginald Denny was near murdered on live tv during the L.A. Riots. It's been the most dangerous city in the USA for a very long time. 8X's the national crime rate. I clicked on this thread because I couldn't imagine a news story about a murder there. It's so common. Most of the violence never makes the news. home of the cripts & the bloods and tookie williams. One would have to be suicidal to drive thru the area. Following the 911 attack when the govt was talking about combatting terrorism one msg board user quipped; "It's about time. We've been living with it (domestic) for decades."

True life fottage of swat team gang sweeps & coroner's called out on tv regularly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton,_California

You couldn't pay me a million dollars to drive down a street in Compton.
That community's been bad for years and years. I went to a football game there in the early fifties and it was scary then!

xxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

I am going to play devil's advocate for a second here and defend the gangs. When I was 16, I hitchhiked to NYC just for the hell of it (stupid at the time) and ended up stranded in the Bronx. I was totally out of my element and was saved by a few members of the Bloods.
They brought me to the projects (Castle Hill), gave me clothes to fit in (despite the fact that I was very much in the minority), fed me, took me bowling, and then sent me home on a Greyhound bus (even though they thought that Vermont was part of Upstate New York)
So, in general, gang violence is horrific, but we cannot judge all gangbangers by that affiliation alone.

With that said, I disagree that the people in Compton refuse to get rid of the problem because they do not like authority. Remember the Rodney King Riot? It wasn't just about King, it was about how the people of the inner city have been mistreated by authority for so long. Hell, if I saw half the things that they have involving police, I wouldn't trust them either.

The movie "Colors" is a prime example of that.

Well I was friends with some guys in a motorcycle "club" who were some of the nicest guys you'll ever want to meet. They didn't go around shooting one another though.

If the people in Compton want to stop their friends and relatives from dying, they need to quit shooting one another and they need to cooperate with the police during their investigations. I'm in NO WAY trying to say that everyone there is involved and the innocent are DEFINATELY dying with the guilty. But they've got to start somewhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sugarheart27
Back