NV - Wife of vegas rso finds tapes and her 9 year old is on them

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Here we go. This article likens this pervs actions to Stiles's. Granted this dude looks about as beat as he did and kooked in my opinion.

Michael Maroney is a Registered Sex Offender and someone with kids married him. Bad move. The wife was cleaning out a cupboard and found three unmarked video tapes. She has no VCR, but played the one on a cam corder. She sees her husband having sex with a female who the lady claims she didn't at first recognize as under age.

So, what could be worse? Seeing your own 9 year old son being sexually abused on tape by your husband. The lady never watched the two other tapes, but she turned this guy's tail in. Yes, she did know he was a sex offender, BUT claims there hasn't been an "INCIDENT" in 20 years.

How the he*l does she know what happened or didn't in 20 years? Her little girl after being questioned admitted Maroney inappropriately touched her. Of course he did he's a freakin pedophile. A convicted one. He's locked up, but not before he threatened to break his wife's jaw.

http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8650397

I don't think he would have had a chance to even threaten me with breaking my jaw because I would have already ripped his head off.

I'm embarrassed that some women are so stupid. One thing my ex told me that I'll never forget and that was to be careful who (including boyfriends) I allowed into my home because I had a young son and daughter.

I don't think he would have had a chance to even threaten me with breaking my jaw because I would have already ripped his head off.

I'm embarrassed that some women are so stupid. One thing my ex told me that I'll never forget and that was to be careful who (including boyfriends) I allowed into my home because I had a young son and daughter.

That's sure great advice from the ex, lizzybeth. I too would have probably made sure this guy's privates didn't function correctly anymore. Not that doing that would stop someone, but that's about half the battle right there!

This makes me so sick. I wonder how long and how many other victims are out there. :(

One thing my ex told me that I'll never forget and that was to be careful who (including boyfriends) I allowed into my home because I had a young son and daughter.

That's a smart ex you have Lizzy. He's absolutely right.

Busting her jaw. Some threat. The article said an altercation of sorts went down and all the neighbors saw it. I'd have let him hit me in the jaw in front of everyone and when I blew the top of his head off it'd be self defense, right?

The dude looks like he's got the meth face on. I looked at his other mugshots on the registry and this guy is looking way bad compared to his regular ugly self.

OK-Kudos for her in that when she saw what had happened she removed the children and the perp.

But come one people-Any adult who has been convicted of lewd and lascivious contact with a child under the age of 14 has shown "bad judgment" that goes beyond making a mistake that you learn from...yes they may be working hard at ensuring this error in judgment does not happen again, but why in the world would you put them in contact with children? Intentionally and unsupervised contact???

Ay-yay-yay....word to the wise-pedophiles are good with children. if you are a single parent, please do not think you can let down your guard simply because the man in your life seems to love your children and seems to be so understanding of them....good grief.

off my soap box now...sorry.

Gah, all the way back to 1988. :mad: I'm proud of the wife for not standing by her man. She said "death" would be ok with her. :woohoo: Me too, lady, me too. Thank God he was stupid enough to document his crimes. Grrrr....

The video said "neighbor children" might be involved too. :eek:

If he had never been released from prison in the first place, this would enver have happened, IMO. But to think she would knowingly put her children in any possible situation given his background, unfreakingreal:razz:

My only compassion in this case is for the children. When you're a parent your ultimate priority has to be your children's safety. If you bring a new man or woman into their life you have to be 100% positive they are not a convicted or even suspected criminal, let alone a former sex offender. This woman put her fantasy of 'bad man redeemed' before the safety of her children. She did the right thing in the end but it was proved to be too little too late. I wish she, along with any parent who knowingly allows a sex offender into their children's lives, could be prosecuted.

"There hasn't been an incident in 20 years."

Yeah, I believe that...uhhuh

More like he wasn't CAUGHT in an incident in 20 years!

This mother is not the HERO in this! She is a partner in crime! She married this creep knowing her liked to rape small kids and guess what? He rapes her kids!

Why oh why do women feel the need to marry men like this? Why do they want a man over their kids? Why do they think they can "fix" these men.

She is all upset and mad about it. Aww, poor stupid pathetic woman. How does her kids feel? How is she going to explain to her kids that she knew he liked having sex with kids but still allowed Mr Dad alone time with them.

The *advertiser censored* totally knew this was going on. She knew this man was molesting her kids! OF course she knew about it!

This man needs the same justice as the other pedophile who was shot in the chest and died on a dirty bathroom floor.

Get these poor kids out of that cows custody and put them in a real home with a real mom and a real dad.

I think if the correctional system says "he had counseling and he's good to go" that there's a certain type of person that believes in that. We hear judges say that all pedo's need is counseling, and the judges have more education than this woman (I'm betting). So while I understand the anger towards the mom/wife here, this is something that everyone still needs to be educated about. There is no rehabilitation for these perverts.

When I hear people's reaction to the Dateline Predator series, I'm amazed as well. How many times do you hear "He was a PASTOR!" from even educated folk? Hellloooo, it doesn't matter what their job is etc. This whole world has to get over this misconception about pedo's.

I have a question about this whole RSO thing - do they just have to register where they live, but are still allowed to be around children??? I thought that a convicted sex offender was NOT allowed to be around children if they were released - if they're not, then shouldn't this "mother" be charged with child endangerment for KNOWINGLY allowing a RSO to be around her children??

ETA: Question 2 - is it legal to print up the people in your town who are RSO and post it in a store or something to alert the other people in the town? I bet there are a ton of people who don't even know they can look up sex offenders in their area.

If I saw the tape and knew it was my husband.
If I saw the tape and knew it was my husband sexually assaulting my son.
I'd kill him. No guilt, no remorse.
The bastage would never hurt another child. Especially my own.

The sad thing is, this guy will probably get out someday and be an old man who is still a pedophile and some stupid idiot woman with grandkids will probably take him in. These women really make me sick.

I think if the correctional system says "he had counseling and he's good to go" that there's a certain type of person that believes in that. We hear judges say that all pedo's need is counseling, and the judges have more education than this woman (I'm betting). So while I understand the anger towards the mom/wife here, this is something that everyone still needs to be educated about. There is no rehabilitation for these perverts.

When I hear people's reaction to the Dateline Predator series, I'm amazed as well. How many times do you hear "He was a PASTOR!" from even educated folk? Hellloooo, it doesn't matter what their job is etc. This whole world has to get over this misconception about pedo's.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I agree!

I have a question about this whole RSO thing - do they just have to register where they live, but are still allowed to be around children??? I thought that a convicted sex offender was NOT allowed to be around children if they were released - if they're not, then shouldn't this "mother" be charged with child endangerment for KNOWINGLY allowing a RSO to be around her children??

ETA: Question 2 - is it legal to print up the people in your town who are RSO and post it in a store or something to alert the other people in the town? I bet there are a ton of people who don't even know they can look up sex offenders in their area.

1. If they are on probation there is sometimes an order not to allow them around children. But if there is no order or if they aren't on probation, I don't think there is anything legal to prevent them from being around children.

2. Check your state sex offender website. Each state has different rules. Usually before you can run a name on the sex offender site there is a blurb/disclaimer that spells out the rules. There are some states that say you can't even link to anyone on the site, other states it isn't against the rules. If it is against your states rules, one way to get around that is to make a sign giving the web address of the SO site and say there are sex offenders in our neighborhood.

IMO every parent who cares about their kids needs to get one of those nanny cams set up so they can see just what does go on when the step-dad, boyfriend, bio-dad, uncle, cousin etc is around their kid. I don't care who you are I wouldn't trust you with my kid until it could be proven to me and even then I'd keep my eyes open.

VB

I'm embarrassed that some women are so stupid.

One thing my ex told me that I'll never forget and that was to be careful who (including boyfriends) I allowed into my home because I had a young son and daughter.

Very stupid!
They seem to choose to keep their heads in the sand, at others expense.

Imo.. These women think because they are having sex with the pedophile that he couldn't possibly be touching any children....
there should be a law against claiming blind stupidity......jmo

The sad thing is, this guy will probably get out someday

and be an old man who is still a pedophile and some stupid idiot woman with grandkids will probably take him in.

These women really make me sick.

I agree...
Our Judicial system is broken, we need nationwide, stricter laws for pedophiles....to stop the cycle.

To rape, molest a child is the same as premeditated murder in my opinion...jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back