1335 users online (226 members and 1109 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

NC - 2nd Lt. Holley Wimunc, 24, Fayetteville, 10 July 2008

A female soldier in Fayetteville NC hasn't shown up for work. Her apartment was found burning. She was in the process of a divorce. Police aren't talking much and have not named the soldier.
    http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3183759/

North Carolina is going to get a bad rap. As much as I hate to say it this happens a lot. I'm not sure why the media is picking up on it so much right now. Don't get me wrong I'm glad it's getting publicized, but I think the media is sensationalizing stories for ratings.

Fayetteville Police are leading the search for a missing Fort Bragg soldier.
    The female soldier, whose name has not been released, was reported missing Thursday morning by her supervisor at Womack Army Medical Center.
    Her unit commander dispatched officials and called Fayetteville police to her apartment home at the Morganton Place Apartments on Wayah Creek Drive Thursday morning to find her apartment unit burned out. The soldier's car was found in the parking lot.
    http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...cal&id=6256991

Oh my....

Police are investigating a fire at the apartment of a female soldier who failed to report for work this morning.

They are now calling it an arson and missing person investigation, according to Capt. David Houp of the Fayetteville Police Department.

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=298888

Wow. What's up in Fayetteville?

Either there's more to that letter claiming Zodiac as an inspiration than I want to believe, or some dude was inspired by the Touma murder to make his own homicidal resolution to marital woes.

I just saw this and thought the same thing, not another one! I'm hoping against hope that this turns out ok.

My first thought was to wonder about a connection. Then I read that she was in the process of a divorce. Also, the apartment was burned, why burn the apartment unless there is a fear of evidence being present? Megan Touma's hotel room wasn't burned. I think it is a copycat.

It would be really weird if this missing soldier had served in Germany recently. Or if she was married to the guy who is the POI in the Touma case.

I guess we can be thankful the military seems to have learned something on this the third female.

They're actively going to see why they didn't show up where they were supposed to be.

Until now, the standard response was the soldier wasn't AWOL for 30 days...

They have confirmed the fire was intentionally set. Her car was in the parking lot. There was a broken window in the apartment. She has been missing for several days.
    http://www.digtriad.com/news/local/a...07066&catid=57

Sorry for the duplicate thread, mysteriew. I deleted it. Thanks for letting me know!

Susan

Not releasing the name of the missing woman makes it sound to me as if they aren't expecting her to be spotted walking around and talking, if you get my drift. I'll bet there was more evidence at the burned apartment than what we're hearing so far.

Susan

Tis ok TGI, there wasn't any way to do a name search so I knew you didn't know.

When she first went missing, I don't think much attention was paid to it. But when they found a burned apartment, that put a different spin to it.

Well, they wouldn't give out the name at first because they would need time to notify relatives. Usually that is done in the first 24 hours. I think I read one media say that she was named but they are withholding it until relatives are notified. So possibly tomorrow she will be named.

"Sources identified the soldier as 24-year-old Holley Lynn Wimunc, a lieutenant who works at Womack Army Medical Center."

Fayetteville police are investigating the disappearance of a female soldier from an apartment where the remains of a fire were found Thursday morning.
    They are calling it an arson and a missing person’s investigation, according to Capt. David Houp of the Fayetteville Police Department.
    Sources identified the soldier as 24-year-old Holley Lynn Wimunc, a lieutenant who works at Womack Army Medical Center. She lives in Morganton Place Apartments on Wayah Creek Drive. The complex is off Morganton Road.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast