Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WA - Nicholas Francisco, 28, Seattle, 13 Feb 2008 - #16

Oh, I remember reading on Hartlett's site something about Christine citing abuse as her reason for divorcing, but didn't see that here? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by StealthTheory View Post
    Oh, I remember reading on Hartlett's site something about Christine citing abuse as her reason for divorcing, but didn't see that here? Anyone know what I'm talking about?
    I think that has been one of the most misunderstood documents EVER.

Christine filed for sole custody of her children. She gave two reasons why she wishes to be granted sole custody:

(a) Willful abandonment that continues for an extended period of time or substantial refusal to perform parenting functions;

(c) a history of acts of domestic violence as defined in RCW 26.50.010(1) or an assault or sexual assault which causes grievous bodily harm or the fear of such harm.

So she checked (a) stating that she believes she and her children have been "willfully abandoned" and she checked (c) saying that ONE of the options listed applies. Only ONE of the options.......she could be citing domestic violence, she could be claiming an "assault" or she could be claiming a sexual assault that caused grievous bodily harm, or she could be saying she merely FEARS such harm should he have access to her or their children.

If what we've read about Nic's secret life is true, then I can well understand that the "fear of such harm" is a valid fear, also if he has been sexually active with others during the same period of time she was having unprotected sex with him, then even THAT could be classified as "sexual assault that caused grievous bodily harm" IF (this is nothing but a speculation!) STD's were "shared."

Anyway, none of it means she's saying she's a victim of the strictest definition of "domestic violence."

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Does anyone know if they ever did extensive searches in Dash Point Park? This is not necessarily "near" the condos, but it is a more sort of wooded, secluded area than the one where the car was finally found.

I don't know an extensive amount about Federal Way, but I had to bring family members to a retreat this past weekend down that way. That was only the 3rd time I'm ever been in that area. The place where I was droppping them off was in a much more wooded and secluded area than the typical suburbia, shopping center on every corner that you see of Federal Way when you 1st get off I-5. Anyway, it just made me think that just because the car was in that condo lot, it doesn't mean he was actually not brought somewhere else within that same town.
    A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination.
    ~ Nelson Mandela

Red face thnx

Quote Originally Posted by kgeaux View Post
    I think that has been one of the most misunderstood documents EVER.

Christine filed for sole custody of her children. She gave two reasons why she wishes to be granted sole custody:

(a) Willful abandonment that continues for an extended period of time or substantial refusal to perform parenting functions;

(c) a history of acts of domestic violence as defined in RCW 26.50.010(1) or an assault or sexual assault which causes grievous bodily harm or the fear of such harm.

So she checked (a) stating that she believes she and her children have been "willfully abandoned" and she checked (c) saying that ONE of the options listed applies. Only ONE of the options.......she could be citing domestic violence, she could be claiming an "assault" or she could be claiming a sexual assault that caused grievous bodily harm, or she could be saying she merely FEARS such harm should he have access to her or their children.

If what we've read about Nic's secret life is true, then I can well understand that the "fear of such harm" is a valid fear, also if he has been sexually active with others during the same period of time she was having unprotected sex with him, then even THAT could be classified as "sexual assault that caused grievous bodily harm" IF (this is nothing but a speculation!) STD's were "shared."

Anyway, none of it means she's saying she's a victim of the strictest definition of "domestic violence."
    WOW KGeaux; That was really well put....thnx for pointing all that out...
    you are right ...that document was very misunderstood and quoted out of context and even I was led to believe some possible untruths. Thnx for clearing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LillyRush View Post

Thank you, Lilly.

(c) could read (if you substitute the definition for the words "as defined in..."

(c) a history of acts of "Domestic violence" meaning: (a) Physical harm, bodily injury, assault, or the infliction of fear of imminent physical harm, bodily injury or assault, between family or household members; (b) sexual assault of one family or household member by another; or (c) stalking of one family or household member by another family or household member or an assault or sexual assault which causes grievous bodily harm or the fear of such harm.

It behooves us to pay attention to those "or"s!!

Thanks for explaining. I had no clue what they were talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthTheory View Post
    Thanks for explaining. I had no clue what they were talking about.

That's Okay! Neither did most of them!

Nothing new?

Wow, no news on this case. I've been away for a few weeks and was looking forward to catching up, but it's finally died down here.

I hope for an answere soon. I don't know when we will get one. Two summers ago my hubby and I and two other couples camped at Salt Water State Park. It was directly under the Seatac air path. There were a lot of woods there
    I pray he will be found soon.

Wow, still no new news or anything huh? Poor Nic is going to end up in a cold case file somewhere it seems. How frustrating.

I think he has probably been in the cold case files for a while now. It seems that there is nothing new coming out about him at all. Personally, I don't think that Nick wants to be found and he probably won't be unless he decides to return to the Seattle area. I really doubt that he is anywhere close. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbisangel View Post
    I think he has probably been in the cold case files for a while now. It seems that there is nothing new coming out about him at all. Personally, I don't think that Nick wants to be found and he probably won't be unless he decides to return to the Seattle area. I really doubt that he is anywhere close. Just my opinion though.
    I think that you are right about that Bobbisangel. I think that people are starting to move on. I know I am obsessed with little Caylee's case right now. But.. certainly haven't forgotten about Nicholas. If he is alive.. maybe the lack of interest will cause him to feel more at ease and either slip up enough that he is found or perhaps contact someone in his family to let them know he is okay. If he isn't alive.. then sad that no one is actively searching but then again.. really hasn't been much in the way of searches.. even at the peak of the disappearance.

How sad. I haven't checked here in weeks and actually forgot about it. Came across it and saw that Sadlymistaken had just made a post and I got excited and thought something might have happened. No news.

I still check here, even though I have to admit I, too, am obsessed with little Caylee's case. Nicholas's case is what first brought me to WS and I really pray that his family will have answers.

I still check in here also and check the news for any information on Nicholas. Hopefully, some day, we will have the answer to "What happened to Nicholas Francisco?"
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

Quote Originally Posted by SadlyMistaken View Post
    I think that you are right about that Bobbisangel. I think that people are starting to move on. I know I am obsessed with little Caylee's case right now. But.. certainly haven't forgotten about Nicholas. If he is alive.. maybe the lack of interest will cause him to feel more at ease and either slip up enough that he is found or perhaps contact someone in his family to let them know he is okay. If he isn't alive.. then sad that no one is actively searching but then again.. really hasn't been much in the way of searches.. even at the peak of the disappearance.
    Don't assume that just because we're not actively searching right now that no one is!

I hate to say this, but I am actually relieved the internet furor has ended.

I saw this on the news last night -- whenever a body (or part of one) is found, the thought that it might be Nicholas crosses my mind.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...W.faed3db.html

Do you think LE would be able to identify him from a body part? Do they have a sample of his DNA?

All they would have to do would be to get a sample form his parents or children- depending on what kind of analysis is done.

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle222 View Post
    I saw this on the news last night -- whenever a body (or part of one) is found, the thought that it might be Nicholas crosses my mind.

http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor...W.faed3db.html

Do you think LE would be able to identify him from a body part? Do they have a sample of his DNA?

Yes they do. There was a drowning victim soon after his death, and it was mentioned then that they had it in case he was unidentifiable. Now a days, I would think it would be standard procedure, especially 'cold cases' in case the evidence is not around later when the crime is eventually (hopefully) solved/body recovered. Hope this helps

Just checking in and bumping for Nicholas.

how sad there is no news.

Christine

i still think christine knows more than she is saying. if i were in her position, i would tell as much as i know in order to solve this mystery. the police arent interested in this case so i cant imagine it would tamper with an investigation.

I don't think Christine knows anymore then she has already told LE and what they have told her. If she knew where he is she could go to court for child support and help with her bills. I doubt if she is thrilled to be left hanging in limbo not knowing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TiaDaxxy1980 View Post
    i still think christine knows more than she is saying. if i were in her position, i would tell as much as i know in order to solve this mystery. the police arent interested in this case so i cant imagine it would tamper with an investigation.

You know, we really don't know if this mystery has been solved or not. Police have said that if Nicholas were to be found, they would inform his family ONLY. They will not inform us, they will not inform media. Same goes for Christine: if she discovers where he is, do you honestly think she'll inform the online community that continues to distrust her??

LE and Christine may well know where Nic is.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast