801 users online (169 members and 632 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Atlanta To Be Stripped Of "Men At Work Signs" After Complaints Of Bias

WHAT is going on this week with all these complaints?
    Would any of you women WS'ers be offended by this sign? I know I wouldn't.

Signs in Atlanta will no longer warn passersby of men at work. Women aren't hearing of it, since they're at work, too. And the city listened.
    Women's magazine editor Cynthia Good asked that all the "Men at Work" or "Men Working Ahead" road signs be taken down, and Public Works Commissioner Joe Basista complied, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.
    Good, 48, who edits the women's magazine PINK, isn't stopping with Atlanta, though. She's going nationwide with her crusade.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,379842,00.html

Its stupid.....pure stupidity. I hate this crap. Ugh you'd think people had better things to do than stress over such unimportant rubbish
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Yes, I would be offended.

Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    Yes, I would be offended.
    Why absinthe?
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Oh my Gawd. That is craziness! Let's just change everything to be pc. Postperson , repairperson , policeperson , fireperson and hitperson , stuntperson. And while we are at it it would be more pc to say batperson , spiderperson and superperson. .Puleeaze!

You forgot stupidperson
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

That is so stupid, All the stupid money being spent because it offends her.

Good luck with Michigan lady, we supposedly cant even afford a fence around the mental institution yet alone changing all the construction signs.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabeauty View Post
    Oh my Gawd. That is craziness! Let's just change everything to be pc. Postperson , repairperson , policeperson , fireperson and hitperson , stuntperson. And while we are at it it would be more pc to say batperson , spiderperson and superperson. .Puleeaze!
    Yes! That would be great.

Because, Ciara, it's exclusionary and wrong. It's not only men who work. I know it seems like a small and insignificant thing, but if it can be changed, why not?

We shall have to agree to disagree on this one absinthe. I think its a total waste of money and political correctness stupidity at its finest.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Offended? Not in the least, I was imagining that Coke commercial with the totally ribbed guy taking his shirt off and drinking an ice cold Coke...

Atlanta Girls, lets go looking for some "Men at Work" signs, maybe they are making a new Coke commercial around Atlanta and we can enjoy the filming...

Not Alabama but Sweet Home just the same , SC
    Spiderperson , spiderperson , your friendly metro-Atlanta neighborhood spiderperson

LOL Bama
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

You know, years ago, in some women's clubs, or even mixed group meetings, the acceptable method of addressing a woman in charge of a committee, was "Madam Chairman". You never heard "Madam Chairwoman, or Chairperson", for that matter you never heard "Mr Chairperson" either.

Geez people, give it a rest. Enough people already have their 15 minutes, we don't need to overload the rest of the 24 hours with your garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by BarnGoddess View Post
    You know, years ago, in some women's clubs, or even mixed group meetings, the acceptable method of addressing a woman in charge of a committee, was "Madam Chairman". You never heard "Madam Chairwoman, or Chairperson", for that matter you never heard "Mr Chairperson" either.

Geez people, give it a rest. Enough people already have their 15 minutes, we don't need to overload the rest of the 24 hours with your garbage.

Its frigging ridiculous!
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Basically it is to replace the sign. Fox has a pic of what it should be. I live here and know that there are many workers that are female on road crews.I don't see why reflecting the true nature would be a problem for anyone. Workers are both, male and female.

http://www.foxnews.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast