AT&T and AOL agree to block child *advertiser censored*

If this is really possible its fricking great news:clap:
I'd like to know how too though.

I'm not sure why those companies are being applauded for something they should have been doing routinely in the first place.

I'm not sure why those companies are being applauded for something they should have been doing routinely in the first place.
I was always under the impression that it couldnt be stopped so thats why I am applauding it thinking that this is some new technology or something.
So they could have been doing this all along???

I was raised in Missouri so they will have to "SHOW ME".

When I am really, really bored, I go into an AOL chat room for a few minutes and there are so many people trolling in there for cyber sex, etc, it just isn't funny. I can only stay a few minutes and I have to leave. I give up.

Oh well. I should have learned my lesson. Ten years ago, I went into an AOL chat room and before you know it, I was married.

I was always under the impression that it couldnt be stopped so thats why I am applauding it thinking that this is some new technology or something.
So they could have been doing this all along???

Oh, I hope you didn't think I meant you applauding, I just meant in general. :blowkiss:

I'll applaud if someone discovered new technology, but I didn't think the article implied that. It sounded to me like a bunch of people had to sit around a conference table and decide to do this. That's all I meant!

No I didnt think you meant me personally Taximom.:) Not so impressive then if its not new technology, it means they could have done this ages ago.

It could be that there is new technology and they just didn't broadcast it. LOL I think it's pretty cool that they can catch stuff like this. Thank you for understanding my comment, Ciara. :blowkiss:

Hopefully we will hear more about it soon Taximom.

If an individual or entity starts doing right after not doing right, I think that's cause for celebration. We can't change yesterday, but I'm always delighted when we chose to use our powers for good and not evil today!:crazy:

Anything that helps prevent this nasty material from being swapped all over the place has to be a good thing.

Well, it's big of them to finally block something that is horrible, illegal and should never have been online. There's no telling how many children might have been molested just because some freak wanted to make and sell child *advertiser censored* or became totally out of control due to looking at it. I think they should block all *advertiser censored* from the internet.

Well, it's big of them to finally block something that is horrible, illegal and should never have been online. There's no telling how many children might have been molested just because some freak wanted to make and sell child *advertiser censored* or became totally out of control due to looking at it. I think they should block all *advertiser censored* from the internet.

That'll never happen!

But the illegal stuff should not be given a platform. If the ISPs really can have a hand in stopping it this will be extremely beneficial to society. I just wish I understood how it can work - I really just don't know how machines can be taught to recognize and block child *advertiser censored*.

Lately ISP's have been pressured to block child *advertiser censored* (both email subscriped newsgroups and websites). There was/is even a proposed Bill introduced a couple of years ago (2005?) that would stop them from allowing it (I don't know if it passed or what).

Isp's DO and HAVE HAD the ability to close the newsgroups and block access to the websites (illegal and child *advertiser censored* site addy's are collected by the Internet Watch Foundation and can be filtered out by any ISP company). All they have to do is use a filtering system, like CleanFeed, and either close down the website (if they're the host) or block users from acessing it.

I'm glad these two big Isp's are bowing to the pressure, but shame on them for not doing it a loooong time ago. AT&T was/is one of the worst off them all for allowing illegal *advertiser censored* and not even making a small attempt to stop it. MSN is real bad, too.

I will believe it when I see it. I don't think it is possible, personally. When they put up one way to block them, the pedos n freaks will find another way.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back