The Establishment Paedophile: How a Monster hid in High Society

What a sad story, Ciara. I am glad he was finally caught.

This line from the article rang so true for me: "No sentence ever reflects the life of trauma, hurt and anguish suffered by the victims."

One thing this article did a great job of showing is how compartmentalized many pedophiles are able to be - this is not a "talent" limited just to pedos, of course - we all do this on some level if we engage in illegal or immoral behavior. Took became an expert at it.

My prayers for this family and hope that the long process of healing can begin in more earnest now that he is in prison.

I hope his supporters hung their heads in shame when they read this. I pray that the story of the Cambodian child was just a fantasy. God I hope so. Why can't they lock him up for life? If I lived in Took's city I would buy this paper, xerox the article, and shove copies in every letterbox of every upscale home I could find. I'd also send copies to every barrister and child advocacy group in the district.

I hope his supporters hung their heads in shame when they read this. I pray that the story of the Cambodian child was just a fantasy. God I hope so. Why can't they lock him up for life? If I lived in Took's city I would buy this paper, xerox the article, and shove copies in every letterbox of every upscale home I could find. I'd also send copies to every barrister and child advocacy group in the district.

Kiki, when you say "supporters" do you mean the folks that wrote letters about the positive things he had done and accomplished? For me, that is a key element to the story - as heinous as his fantasy and reality exploits are, he also did some good things with his life. This is the truth of many people who do horrible things - that's what makes it so frightening and human.

Yes, that's who I meant by supporters. I just find it a disgrace. Their only motivation in becoming involved in his court case could possibly be to influence the judge towards leniency. No one who does anything remotely like what he did deserves leniency. Sure judge he has participated in, or has dreamed of, the rape and murder of a little girl in Cambodia and has pictures of babies being raped but, hey, he's done some charity work. It is scary Southcitymom that he has not been evil 100% of the time. It would make guys like him so much easier to spot. I wonder though if the good things he did were to cultivate his 'mask of sanity' so no one would guess his true nature.

Yes, that's who I meant by supporters. I just find it a disgrace. Their only motivation in becoming involved in his court case could possibly be to influence the judge towards leniency. No one who does anything remotely like what he did deserves leniency. Sue judge he has participated in, or has dreamed of, raping and murdering a little girl in Cambodia but hey, he's done some charity work.

I believe a Judge or jury should look at all sides of a person's life. I do not believe we are defined by our worst actions or by our best ones. I understand however that many people, rightfully outraged, define those who harm children one-dimensionally.

He may have done many good things but the evil he has done far surpasses them. Took does not care one iota for the pain he has inflicted. He and his buddies thought a crying and terrified child being raped was LOL funny. Susan Atkins has also done many good things through prison charity work but it cannot begin to atone for what she has done. If a person is sane and the good they have done is heavily outweighed by the trauma they have inflicted on an innocent person or persons, even through just one act, that should be the defining factor in whether or not they deserve leniency.

I don't get why Pat's daughter Jennifer would let her kids around him. Maybe he never abused Jennifer but it said that he paid alot of attention to her. I can't imagine that as bad as he is that he never abused Jennifer. MOO

He may have done many good things but the evil he has done far surpasses them. Took does not care one iota for the pain he has inflicted. He and his buddies thought a crying and terrified child being raped was LOL funny. Susan Atkins has also done many good things through prison charity work but it cannot begin to atone for what she has done. If a person is sane and the good they have done is heavily outweighed by the trauma they have inflicted on an innocent person or persons, even through just one act, that should be the defining factor in whether or not they deserve leniency.

Fair enough - but how would the Judge be able to make this determination without hearing all of it? I just don't see any downside to putting it all out there.

I have to say I agree with this. The people who support him knowing what he did and knowing what he thinks are just disgusting. Nothing good he may have done outweighs the sickness he perpetrated in those chatlogs, in his mind and on those kids he molested. I just hope to God that little Cambodian girl does not exist but his fantasies were so depraved that who knows how far he has gone:mad:

I recently chose to support a friend that committed a stupid financial crime in this way. I wanted to write to the judge and let him know the person I knew. My goal was to see if that would help lessen the sentence for my friend because I knew the judge had no way of knowing this (good and decent) side of my friend...just what the crimes were presented in court.

I would never even consider doing this if my friend had been anything like Roger Took, and I'm surprised he had supporters that did this for him.

I may have done what you did Taximom as thats different.
When it comes to sickos like this though nooooooo fricking wayyyy!
I wonder how many of those that supported him would leave him alone in a room with their kids if they think he was so marvellous:mad: Bloody Prats!

My friend told me no, by the way. He felt really bad about what he did. It worked out ok because even the prosecutor suggested less time and the judge agreed. So he's still paying for his crime, but to a lesser degree. Sorry, a little O/T.

I have to say I had to take a break after reading just the first paragraph of that link. True or not, it was horrifying. I hope it never happened, but I'm sure it has somewhere. :( :( :(

I believe a Judge or jury should look at all sides of a person's life. I do not believe we are defined by our worst actions or by our best ones. I understand however that many people, rightfully outraged, define those who harm children one-dimensionally.
my grandfather took me into his home with my brother when my parents could no longer be bothered with the job of raising children. he taught my brother to play chess, catch, and to fish. he taught me how to perform for a man sexually. if we defined him by his best actions he would be a wonderful father figure. if we define him by his worst he is a child rapist.

he was not a one-dimensional man but it would be wrong to try and weigh his good works against the evil he did. the rape of a child is a evil so strong it will always outweigh the good works of a pedo.

Even if the Cambodian girl story was just a fantasy for him and his sick chatroom friends, the fact that they found that FUNNY is totally horrifying. Even the reporter who wrote that story cried reading those chatlogs at what these men wanted to do and talked about doing to kids. Talking about "splitting" little girls open????? I have no words or not ones I can print here anyway for what I think of this man and his paedo friends OR anyone who can support him knowing what he did. And you can bet your bottom dollar that for all the men in that chatroom it wasnt just fantasy, but that some had played it out in reality. Vile disgusting creatures man I swear:mad:

I don't get why Pat's daughter Jennifer would let her kids around him. Maybe he never abused Jennifer but it said that he paid alot of attention to her. I can't imagine that as bad as he is that he never abused Jennifer. MOO

By the time he married Pat, her daughters were teenagers which were probably too old for him.

The five-year-old girl cowers naked and crying in a corner. She is so frightened that she urinates. One of the men in the room hits her repeatedly. The others laugh. Another man picks her up and throws her face down on the bed. Then the men rape her. She dies soon afterwards of atrocious injuries.

Ok.

So he should be excused or recieve less punishment because he has done "some" good in his life. Any and all good work he has ever done is totally worthless when he decided to GANG rape and torture a small scared little girl.

(Oh but it could only be "fantasy"..sure. Idiot!)

He had pictures of an infant being penetrated by an adult male. He had pictures of children being tortured and went into chatrooms and shared pictures of his STEP daughters so others could masturbate.

Yet people defend him saying he should not be punished JUST for doing this but we should consider all the goodness he has done in his life.

Have people gone mad? This man could save a thousand cancer patients and still be the son of Satan! Nothing he can ever do will "make up" for the evil he has caused in this world.

my grandfather took me into his home with my brother when my parents could no longer be bothered with the job of raising children. he taught my brother to play chess, catch, and to fish. he taught me how to perform for a man sexually. if we defined him by his best actions he would be a wonderful father figure. if we define him by his worst he is a child rapist.

he was not a one-dimensional man but it would be wrong to try and weigh his good works against the evil he did. the rape of a child is a evil so strong it will always outweigh the good works of a pedo.

I hear you loud and clear on this. I still think it benefits everyone (most importantly, us as a society) to hear about all sides of a person in a case such as this - if only to impress upon us the fact that even those who seem publically laudable are capable of being something else alltogether behind closed doors. The full picture only helps us, and I do not call it defense of someone who does great evil - rather, I call it fleshing out exactly what we are looking at.

I recently chose to support a friend that committed a stupid financial crime in this way. I wanted to write to the judge and let him know the person I knew. My goal was to see if that would help lessen the sentence for my friend because I knew the judge had no way of knowing this (good and decent) side of my friend...just what the crimes were presented in court.

I would never even consider doing this if my friend had been anything like Roger Took, and I'm surprised he had supporters that did this for him.

I just don't see a dilemma with renouncing the evil a person has done and inventorying for a judge other sides you might know of that person.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back