817 users online (132 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Skin Carving...The New Tattoo???

NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED so please be warned. The pics on here show the whole process of skin carving and they are pretty gross.
    What do you all think of this then?

Edited to add:. I have taken this link out as it seemed some people were getting a virus warning. I have the pics but I am not sure if they are too graphic to paste up here as they show bits of skin taken from the body for the carving. I dont want to be responsible for anyone getting a virus incase their software misses it. Sorry All
    Last edited by Ciara; 07-11-2008 at 08:05 PM.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Not for me! I like tattoo and have one but can't imagine doing that to my body.
    It's kind of like the branding thing some people are doing. NO way!
    Though once the branding heals, it does look neat....but why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me!

Though once the branding heals, it does look neat....but why anyone would want to disfigure themselves is beyond me!
    Because the person who has it done regards it as art, not disfigurement. Disfigurement, like beauty, can be in the eye of the beholder.

While not for me, I think it's beautiful.

And since she appears to be an adult, who, in the end, is she hurting>

I think it is HORRIBLE and it is going to look like crap once she gets in her 50's and 60's! IMO...I think it looks like crap ALREADY!

The top pic in that article is not the finished project either as it changes again when its healed. Imagine if it got infected
    Anyway its not my cup of tea but tattoos have become so mainstream now where once they were seen as "edgy" so I think people will try to outdo themselves in other ways and this is one of them.
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

OMG!! Nope not me, I will stick regular tattoos.

That's a rather large example. I'm going to brand this guy I've known for about 5 years... but I was thinking something SMALL and quick.

That picture looks like a major endorphin rush in the photo, but I'll bet the next day she was staying drunk and sick with pain. Jeesh, I'd take my kid to the hospital for just one of those skin removal pieces missing from her by accident!
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I can't think of anything to say but YUCK! Don't people have anything better to do????

O.M.G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That is disgusting. Beyond disgusting really.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

OneLostGrl is offline I'm going against the grain- I'm going sane
    I think it is beautiful and if not a trigger for my self mutilation I'd have some work done.

ETA- This is beautiful!! I would LOVE to have this done!! http://www.bmezine.com/scar/A80321/h...ops-around.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OneLostGrl View Post
    I think it is beautiful and if not a trigger for my self mutilation I'd have some work done.

ETA- This is beautiful!! I would LOVE to have this done!! http://www.bmezine.com/scar/A80321/h...ops-around.jpg
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DON'T DO IT EVER!!!!!!!!!!

bleckkkkkkkkk

Guys --

don't click on the link -- It sent me a virus -- thankfully detected by my virus checking software, though

btw -- gross!

Quote Originally Posted by philamena View Post
    bleckkkkkkkkk
    OMG.

That just gives me the willies; I'm so glad my kids are grown and hopefully past the stage of wanting that.

But another thing I wonder? Here we are in a recession, people are having trouble paying for food or gas, WHO PAY's FOR THIS?

People have been doing this forever! Back in the 90's this was kinda popular in some groups. I remember my friends doing it.

Also people "lacing" up their back.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast