747 users online (89 members and 658 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HI - Steven Thomas: millionaire, 36, Waikiki, 30 June 2008

snip-
    Steven Thomas, 36, was last seen June 30 at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel in Waikiki, where his mother and a cousin were staying.
    snip-
    Thomas was arrested April 27 and taken to Castle Medical Center after he ran naked into the middle of a race/walk in front of his home in Lanikai. He also owns a home in Boulder, Colo.
    snip-
    Steven Thomas' identical twin brother, Kevin Thomas, has joined in the search.
    snip-
    Thomas was concerned about the poor performance of his investment portfolio and discussions about moving back to Colorado full-time, his wife said.
    snip-
    "We are grieving and we just want to get my brother back," Kevin Thomas said.

HMMMMMM.... below full article

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,380402,00.html

Just throwing this out there, and maybe I watch too much Dateline ID, but did anyone else read this and have this scenario in their head?

Wife/brother are involved. Wife/brother "off" hubby.
    Identical twin pretends to be brother beginning signs of bi-polarism (at 36, an accomplished software developer with no prior signs of instability, not likely) and mental illness setting the stage for his disappearance/death.

Thoughts:

Even if insurance stalls if not found, she would get POA over assets. Mentally incompetent and Missing/presumed dead would cover both bases.

Has it been investigated that their actually is a twin, and have they compared prints/prints on file? To my knowledge, ID twins CAN have both the same prints and DNA..

I find the wife giving such specific accounts of their finance woes, well, odd.

I find the "twins" use of the word "grieving" strange given that he is simply missing, and has supposedly been acting this way for a while, why use the word grieving?

Second Scenario

There is no twin, or twin has been paid to get lost forever, and this is a hide in plain site scam to bail oneself out of financial ruin. I would like to see somebody interview the PI that is working with the family.

I may be wrong and this is just a serious tragedy, but for me this does not pass the smell test.

Millionaire Missing on Hawaii's Main Island of Oahu

HONOLULU — The millionaire founder of an Internet software security company remained missing on Hawaii's main island of Oahu this week, police said.
    Steven Thomas, 36, was last seen June 30 at the Princess Kaiulani Hotel in Waikiki, where his mother and a cousin were staying.
    His family said he was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in April but has refused medication.
    "He thinks everyone on the island is out to get him," Candis Thomas said of her husband's bipolar condition. "He thinks the military is involved, he thinks that aliens are involved, and he's just been in a real delusion state of being fearful."

IMO, this guy sounds very dangerous to me...I hope they find him soon.
    Last edited by chicoliving; 07-11-2008 at 03:51 PM. Reason: copyright violation; copy/paste a few lines ONLY and include the link to the full article

Here's a link to that article.

Here's another article. He's been missing 11 days.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=5355908&page=1

There's something that really bothers me about this case. I mean, how big is that island, for goodness sakes.

Anyway, they keep saying he's bipolar. Well, how do they REALLY know that for sure? I mean my nephew started acting wierd too, checked out by the doctor for over a year, nothing. Then, all of a sudden a new doctor looked at him, did an mri,....brain tumor. THAT was effecting his personality.

Hope they thought of that with this guy.

I also pray they find him and well too!

JMHO
    fran

Additional News links

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/ap...SLANDLIFEFRONT

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Found...ng-89644.shtml

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/2008...under-missing/

Thoughts from above:

Wife went to Co 3 days before hubby, who stayed behind in Oa, so she was not there when he went "missing". Who is leaving a supposedly suicidal, bi-polar husband to go to their Summer home?

Twin bro will not help search because he looks exactly like his brother.

Twin bro in this arcticle says "they are sure he is alive and well", as opposed to the Fox piece where he states he is grieving.

I don't think his mother is in on any "conspiracy" here. She would know the comments of the wife and twin were not true (or if the twin did not exist!), if that were the case.

I think he is in the category of a brilliant mind gone too far (ie. bipolar, schizophrenia, etc.). I know personally of a couple of brilliant people who have gone over the edge in this way. It is terribly sad.

Being he is on an island, I believe they will find him soon and I predict he will be alive. I think he is extremely ill and does need medical attention. I don't suspect foul play or suicide in this case. Gut feeling, but there it is.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

No, I dont suspect the Mom is, and you may be right, but there are alot of things in this story as reported that do not make sense to me. He was on the FBI watchlist for hackers by 14, "A beautiful Mind" maybe, but nevertheless I think we will see this case on a 48 hours or Dateline in the near future. It has all the ingredients.

Actually it sounds very familiar to me.

I will not be surprised if it comes out that he had some sort of episode in college that was minimized or swept under the rug in some way.

I feel terrible for his family, and hope that they find him safely.

I would not be surprised to learn that Candis (Steven's wife) and Kevin (Steven's brother) are involved with Steven's disappearance.

I would be interested to learn more of Steven and Candis courtship, where, when etc. They married in Lake Tahoe in 2003, he sold his company in 2004 for $107 million.

Also who was the co-founder of Steven's company? Has he been interviewed.

Money, and lots of it, make some people do very bad things. Perhaps I have been reading and viewing too many missing persons cases but this sure looks like it has the makings of greed leading to tragedy. I sure hope I am wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 4whatitsworth View Post
    I would not be surprised to learn that Candis (Steven's wife) and Kevin (Steven's brother) are involved with Steven's disappearance.

I would be interested to learn more of Steven and Candis courtship, where, when etc. They married in Lake Tahoe in 2003, he sold his company in 2004 for $107 million.

Also who was the co-founder of Steven's company? Has he been interviewed.

Money, and lots of it, make some people do very bad things. Perhaps I have been reading and viewing too many missing persons cases but this sure looks like it has the makings of greed leading to tragedy. I sure hope I am wrong.
    I'm not sure who the co-founder was, but I would be all over Kevin's background. I completely agree with you on the cash thing, Money does make people do bad things, but it has been my experience, that losing money makes people do worse. Again, I hope that is not the case.

Any news today on this case?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Not that I could find, SS. If anyone sees anything, please post.

His body has been found. :(

Missing millionaire's body found below Pali Lookout
    Advertiser Staff

The body of a Lanikai man missing since June 30 was found today below the Pali Lookout.

Investigators from the police missing persons unit and medical examiner's office identified the body as Steven Thomas, 36, the millionaire founder of an Internet software security company.

Firefighters were called to assist police with a body retrieval at 1:30 p.m., said Honolulu Fire Department Capt. Frank Johnson. The decomposing body was found by three hikers today on the Windward O'ahu side of the Pali Tunnel.

Firefighters hiked down and brought the body up to Pali Highway at 3:30 p.m.
    Thomas was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in April, and was anxious about the poor performance of his investment portfolio and discussions about moving back to Colorado full-time, his wife, Candis Burton Thomas, said at a news conference last week.

More at link above...

Quote Originally Posted by Melly View Post
    Missing millionaire's body found below Pali Lookout
    Advertiser Staff

The body of a Lanikai man missing since June 30 was found today below the Pali Lookout.

Investigators from the police missing persons unit and medical examiner's office identified the body as Steven Thomas, 36, the millionaire founder of an Internet software security company.

Firefighters were called to assist police with a body retrieval at 1:30 p.m., said Honolulu Fire Department Capt. Frank Johnson. The decomposing body was found by three hikers today on the Windward O'ahu side of the Pali Tunnel.

Firefighters hiked down and brought the body up to Pali Highway at 3:30 p.m.
    Thomas was diagnosed with bipolar disorder in April, and was anxious about the poor performance of his investment portfolio and discussions about moving back to Colorado full-time, his wife, Candis Burton Thomas, said at a news conference last week.

More at link above...
    My prayers are with his family, I think there will be alot more coverage on this case, especially as they begin and complete his autopsy. Thanks for posting the update, Melly.

Oh no! How sad!
    I was just thinking it was like the missing banker in the midwest (Milwaukee?) who hit his head, and hoping they would get to this guy in time.

Wow! I seriously never saw this coming. I was sure they'd find him wandering around the island.

I'll pray for his family at this sad time.

fran

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast