804 users online (143 members and 661 guests)  

Websleuths News

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain

Cat-walking in Central Park

I have seen this guy quite a few times with his GORGEOUS Abyssinian cat who trots right along at the end of her leash in a most jaunty fashion. She seem totally unphased by all the other dogs and people. While I would never do it with my cats because I am way too paranoid they would get off the harness I think it is an interesting bonding experience to have with your cat. Before I lived in the city I tried to train my eldest cat on a leash but no way, no how.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/22/ny...=1&oref=slogin
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Never seen a cat on a leash before lol
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Well I tried leash walking with my cat Ally when I was a kid. Ally would have no part of it. She would simply plop down and absolutly refuse to budge while on a leash. It was very clear she felt this was beneath her, lol. I had no problem walking my bunny all over the place on a harness but not my cat.!!

mjak

I can imagine her too, sat there refusing to move.

Mind you, I never saw a Bunny on a lead either
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

Pandora and Mackenzie are both leash trained.

Our first fur-child, Kenobie, was the first to experience leash-training. It was hilarious watching my dad walk her around the neighborhood because he is such a big guy (former military) and she was a prissy little 6 pound kitty.
    Last edited by Pandora; 07-11-2008 at 07:24 PM. Reason: typo!

How cute! I took my Himalayan to the pet store once on a leash. We sure got a lot of looks. I used to have a ferret that I would take all over the place on his harness/leash. Parties, pet stores, anywhere. He loved it!

My black cats always go out to the doctor's appts. or whenever I take them in the car, with a harness & leash. One of them actually does like to walk like the cat in the news story but the other one would prefer I carry her!

This is adorable. I wouldn't be game to try this with my cat Holly. She looks the picture of feline innocence but I'd bleed to death if I tried to put a leash on her. It's hard enough to get her in a cat cage to go to the vet. She growls and spits the whole way.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    I used to walk my turtle on a leash. I put a big rubber band around the middle of his shell and attached a ribbon to it. He and I would walk all over my dorm, but he really was sllllooooooowwwww. Not his fault, of course
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Perhaps you should have put him on a skateboard, Hipmamajen.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    That would have worked much better, Kiki! I wish I'd thought of that...
    Just thinkin' out loud....