810 users online (110 members and 700 guests)  

Websleuths News

Chat is OPEN!

The chat room is open if anyone is interested in chatting about this case! Come in anytime you all want to talk real time! Open even if a mod is not present--just behave ok?

http://www.stormdancing.net/network/java/chat1.html

put your nick in the top space, then type websleuths in the place for channel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to one of our posters Peake ...

Here is a link...
    http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

This should help many of us with Java chat problems...
    It is the newsest version of Java runtime environment..
    I have no idea what it does... But Peake says it should work ...
    and peake has no problems with chat!!

Am I missing something here?

Am I missing something here? I entered the Chat, noticed two posters, posted for four or five minutes something inane, got no response, waited (while I penned this little epistle), returned posted again, then returned here to this thread and noticed that the thread was first begun on 12 September 2007!!!!!!!

Does this mean that animal04....., and Moonflwr have been sitting in the chat room since then???????

This is a mystery!!! What fun.

(p.s. I left the chat room at 10:29 AM, Sunday, 13 July 2008, completely baffled.

I've gone to the chat room a few times, but hardly no one "chats". Tonite for example, there were six or seven people listed but no one "spoke". I am a transcriptionist so I type very fast and I thought maybe that was the problem, but I waited and waited and only two people answered me. One of which was Animal (hi, again Animal) who told me that everyone was probably doing other things. Well, thats ok, we all have a "real life" but I don't understand, if you are doing other things, why sign in to the chat room? KWIM? No offense to anyone, I just don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post
    I've gone to the chat room a few times, but hardly no one "chats". Tonite for example, there were six or seven people listed but no one "spoke". I am a transcriptionist so I type very fast and I thought maybe that was the problem, but I waited and waited and only two people answered me. One of which was Animal (hi, again Animal) who told me that everyone was probably doing other things. Well, thats ok, we all have a "real life" but I don't understand, if you are doing other things, why sign in to the chat room? KWIM? No offense to anyone, I just don't understand.
    I'm totally with you on that one. That's why they call it chat; Right?

I didnt see this when you posted Beavis. I sign into chat alot and just sit there mainly because I need to be there if there is a problem and if there is when I am "away" I have chat logs to deal with issues. Others that log in and may just be going back and forth are regular chatters that stay logged in and hope that they catch anyone who comes on...doesnt always work but we try.

Quote Originally Posted by BeavisMom62 View Post

Hello, I am a newbie and would like to introduce myself.. Happy to chat anytime, Beavis :-)

Love Kills