FL - Melinda Hinson, 13, raped & murdered, Panama City, 8 July 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Matthew Caylor is a Registered Sex Offender. He's confessed to the murder of 13 year old Melinda Hinson whose body was found stuffed under this creeps bed at the motel where they both lived.

This article says that Melinda and her family befriended Caylor. He was already in jail for a home invasion and sexual assault when LE got to him for Melinda's murder.

http://www.wtvynews4.com/home/headlines/24537074.html

This guy is from McDonough, Ga. About 2 hours from Ocilla. I wonder who else he killed?

It just never stops.

:(
fran

I wish it would , Fran.:furious:

Two doors away. This little girl was found two doors away from the room her family was living in.

Melinda and her brother Cody met this monster in the game room of the Valu Motor Lodge. Melinda's mom notified police Tuesday evening after Melinda went to walk a dog and didn't return.

Cops put out a report, Thursday. Forgive my ignorance, but wouldn't an Amber alert be appropriate? Is it because the little girl was 13 years old? Oh and Caylor never registered like he was supposed to. Tell these people that the reoffender rates aren't that high considering the numbers of sex offenders. Here's one and a child is murdered. Lord knows how many other people this creep has sexually assaulted or/and murdered.

http://www.wmbb.com/gulfcoastwest/mbb/news.apx.-content-articles-MBB-2008-07-11-0012.html

It just never stops.

fran

I dont even know what to say....I seem to say the same things everytime and it seems so redundant to keep saying them. I just wish we could stop them. I wish they would stop letting them out to hurt others.
Its heartbreaking:(

When will they learn that they have to keep these men dead or at least locked up....When???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

When will they learn that they have to keep these men dead or at least locked up....When???:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Maybe when it's one of their children or grandchildren, maybe then they'll listen.

fran

It's pretty sickening to hear of a murdered child's family befriending strangers. I'd think that anyone having to live in a motel would be someone to avoid since you can never know anyone especially in those circumstances much less let a child wander around alone.

It just never stops.

fran

No Fran, it really doesn't.

And it never will until the like minded politicians and lawmakers stop protecting the perverts and start protecting our children.
It will never stop until those people in our society stop trying to "understand" or "find the good" in these monsters.

Lots of blame to go around here but very little to ever stop it from happening again.

Another one? This is horrible! :mad: I just want them all to die.

Maybe when it's one of their children or grandchildren, maybe then they'll listen.

fran

As sad as it is to agree with this post it is most likely a true statement. Only then will it be about affecting others and not them and then become about affecting them.

This is pretty much local to me... I didn't know she was missing until after they found her body. :(

As sad as it is to agree with this post it is most likely a true statement. Only then will it be about affecting others and not them and then become about affecting them.

This is kind of off-topic, but we saw the same thing happen in the Autism world. All of a sudden about 2-3 years ago there was this flurry of shows on NBC and MSNBC about autism and I couldn't understand it. Turns out the grandson of the head of NBC (IIRC) was diagnosed with autism. I'm glad for all the attention, but sad that it takes THAT for it (and issues about pedo's) to happen.

This is pretty much local to me... I didn't know she was missing until after they found her body. :(

It is sad,ckhagen. Now why is it there was no alarm sounded a 13 year old girl went missing? I think I know the answer why.

Meanwhile, LE say they have their man. He coomited the home invasion after he killed Melinda. One other pre-teen said he out and out asked her if she wanted to have sex and if she wanted a beer. He strangled Melinda with his hands and when she resisted he strangled her with the telephone cord. The two women from the townhouse where he commited the home invasion escaped. Caylor is a sex offender in Georgia. I was unable to find him on the registry. God rest the soul of this little girl.

http://www.wjhg.com/home/headlines/24538874.html

I used to live in PCB, about 15 miles from here...sad:( poor little girl.

He was also charged with failure to register as a sex offender.

He was also charged with failure to register as a sex offender.

Deb, here's a link to the home invasion and attempted rape of the women he went after awhile after murdering Melinda. At that point they finally find out he didn't register. Lucky these two women screamed their heads off.

Prayers for little Melinda. This little girl should never be forgotten. Yes, she lived in a motel and no the cops didn't look for her right away. No doubt she's from a low income "family". She still deserves the dignity that anyone else would get in death let alone a murder. This poor kid.

http://www.newsherald.com/news/panama_4912___article.html/city_beach.html

When in heaven's name will people stop allowing sex offenders to stay in their home where there are children???
How flippin dumb can people be????:furious::mad::furious:

Melinda came from Kentucky. Here's a link to her hometwon's local news. Lots of people posting comments on who is to blame. The mom for moving her kids to Florida, the father for being a deadbeat dad, on and on.

This little girl is dead. Murdered. May she rest in peace. Peace.

Meanwhile after Caylor was arrested for the home invasion the jail called the Valu hotel and told them Caylor wouldn't be coming back. They rented that room to a couple who was passing through for the night. Melinda's body was under the bed the entire time.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/jul/12/ex-local-teen-is-killed-in-fla/

Melinda came from Kentucky. Here's a link to her hometwon's local news. Lots of people posting comments on who is to blame. The mom for moving her kids to Florida, the father for being a deadbeat dad, on and on.

This little girl is dead. Murdered. May she rest in peace. Peace.

Meanwhile after Caylor was arrested for the home invasion the jail called the Valu hotel and told them Caylor wouldn't be coming back. They rented that room to a couple who was passing through for the night. Melinda's body was under the bed the entire time.

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2008/jul/12/ex-local-teen-is-killed-in-fla/

Holy smokes! What a cesspool that message board is! Sounds like a complete nightmare of ex-in-laws and bitter emotions. I feel sorry for the brother who is left alone to deal with all of that.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanayarford
Back