Dog meat off olympic menu.

dingo

Former Member
Reaction score
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=596426.

How nice of them.

Beijing's official Olympic restaurants have been banned from offering dog meat to avoid offending foreign visitors, state press has reported.
The ban, issued by the Beijing Catering Trade Association, forbids all 112 official Olympic restaurants from offering dog meat dishes, and urges other eateries to take pooches off the menu, Xinhua news agency said.
"If a customer orders dog meat, restaurant staff should patiently suggest another entree," said Xiong Yumei, deputy director of the Beijing Tourism Bureau, Xinhua said

How nice of them.

Beijing's official Olympic restaurants have been banned from offering dog meat to avoid offending foreign visitors, state press has reported.
The ban, issued by the Beijing Catering Trade Association, forbids all 112 official Olympic restaurants from offering dog meat dishes, and urges other eateries to take pooches off the menu, Xinhua news agency said.
"If a customer orders dog meat, restaurant staff should patiently suggest another entree," said Xiong Yumei, deputy director of the Beijing Tourism Bureau, Xinhua said

Wonder if it would make the athletes run faster, seriously though there would be a lot of people against a lot of animal meat that you find on menu lists around the country.

Kangaroo and crocodile here in Australia is shunned by many as being cruel or inhumane, each to their own I suppose.

As long as they state what contents are in the meals you order and your happy with that, then if it is not illegal so be it.

I used to have my own chickens many years ago and would never eat their eggs because I knew the chickens, I still bought my eggs from the supermarket but unbeknown to me hubby was changing the store bought eggs with my chicken eggs and I didn't even know.

Sorry Shazz but eating dog is just wrong..so is eating roos...

How nice of them.

Um don't think I could eat a dog.. Just the thought is gross!! I suppose if we grew up with it on the menu, like Chicken, Lamb and Beef it may seem normal.

I wonder if the menu has like, different breeds... tenderloin labradour, peppery bulldog steak etc.. I would want to know what sort of dog I was eating:crazy:

Sorry Shazz but eating dog is just wrong..so is eating roos...

That is also my personal view Dingo, but I will eat pork and beef, but definitely not lamb. I suppose it all comes down to personal taste.

But dog, cat, kangaroo, lamb is strictly of limits as is the offal of any animal.

Um don't think I could eat a dog.. Just the thought is gross!! I suppose if we grew up with it on the menu, like Chicken, Lamb and Beef it may seem normal.

I wonder if the menu has like, different breeds... tenderloin labradour, peppery bulldog steak etc.. I would want to know what sort of dog I was eating:crazy:
That goes for me too..If I go to China and order canine from the menu Ill be wanting to know the pedigree..Im fussy that way:)....no mutts for this dingo.

That is also my personal view Dingo, but I will eat pork and beef, but definitely not lamb. I suppose it all comes down to personal taste.

But dog, cat, kangaroo, lamb is strictly of limits as is the offal of any animal.
I know what your saying Shazz..I no longer eat pig because I now view them as dog like in the intelligence area.

I know what your saying Shazz..I no longer eat pig because I now view them as dog like in the intelligence area.

Gotta have me bacon and eggs in the morning, and love pork loin chops.

I can truly believe why there are people that are vegetarians.

That goes for me too..If I go to China and order canine from the menu Ill be wanting to know the pedigree..Im fussy that way:)....no mutts for this dingo.
Lol..I imagine a Dingo would be quite tuff to chew on:) and a poodle soft and juicy........hmm think I'll skip going to Beijing this year. To hard to choose.

Lol..I imagine a Dingo would be quite tuff to chew on:) and a poodle soft and juicy........hmm think I'll skip going to Beijing this year. To hard to choose.

No Beijing for me either, I tend to stay away from global gatherings with the way terrorism is these days, My family even got out of Australia when the olympics were here in 2000, not one for big crowds or foreign food.

No Beijing for me either, I tend to stay away from global gatherings with the way terrorism is these days, My family even got out of Australia when the olympics were here in 2000, not one for big crowds or foreign food.
I no what you mean Shazz, big crowds are a worry these days. Although, I did go to the Collingwood match today at the MCG hahaha.. now that's got to be a terrorists dream crowd haha...But I am definately NOT a Collingwood supporter, are you?:eek:

I no what you mean Shazz, big crowds are a worry these days. Although, I did go to the Collingwood match today at the MCG hahaha.. now that's got to be a terrorists dream crowd haha...But I am definately NOT a Collingwood supporter, are you?:eek:

Not a fan of AFL, I love Rugby League and I love to go to the matches, especially the state of origin, but havent been to quite a few lately.

I've never seen the point of AFL. Why get all hot and sweaty chasing a ball around a field? I am so happy dogs are off the Olympic menu. The bond between human and dog is almost sacred and dates back to caveman days. They are companions, help find missing people and sniff out drugs, lead the blind, save people from avalanches etc. The least we can do is not eat them!I'm glad there are other Australians just as repelled by kangaroo meat as I am. Come on Aussies. We can't eat Skippy!

I've never seen the point of AFL. Why get all hot and sweaty chasing a ball around a field? I am so happy dogs are off the Olympic menu. The bond between human and dog is almost sacred and dates back to caveman days. They are companions, help find missing people and sniff out drugs, lead the blind, save people from avalanches etc. The least we can do is not eat them!I'm glad there are other Australians just as repelled by kangaroo meat as I am. Come on Aussies. We can't eat Skippy!
Well, I appreciate AFL. Love the skill involved and those shorts just add to the enjoyment:). But as far as Skippy, No Way...He is an icon. I couldn't eat him.

I'm glad we are all in agreement about not eating our Kangaroos.:)

This subject makes me mad and sick. It should have gone in something with a warning on it like " Warning animal lovers" IMO.
We ALL know what some of the Asians eat in their native countries, but really, some things are left better alone if we lack the power to change them. IMO,
Maria

I am the same way.

This subject makes me mad and sick. It should have gone in something with a warning on it like " Warning animal lovers" IMO.
We ALL know what some of the Asians eat in their native countries, but really, some things are left better alone if we lack the power to change them. IMO,
Maria
I think the title was self explainative:confused:......Ive seen worse around here:rolleyes:

Maria

I think the title was self explainative:confused:......Ive seen worse around here:rolleyes:
ummmmmmmmm yes it was :bang:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back