• Develop the 'Amber Alert' system across the world

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More funding for groups that help look for missing and exploited children

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Longer sentences for paedophiles and more effective sex offender registers

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Don't leave young children like me, Sean and Amelie on our own

Votes: 25 64.1%
  • Tighten up the law to discourage parents from leaving young children on their own

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Don't worry about me, I'm O.K. where I am now

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Bennett

Former Member
Reaction score
One of the thoughts that has occurred to me so often re Madeleine's disappearance is: what would she say to us, if she could?

The McCanns have gone down the road of calling for the world-wide adoption of Amber Alert. They co-operate with 'Missing Children' organisations, CEOP and so on.

But, honestly, what would Madeleine's 'take' on the 'situation she found herself in' be?

Two possible scenarios have been advanced:

1. She was abducted between about 9.12pm and 9.14pm on Thursday 3 May and is probably dead, or

2. She had some kind of accident, or worse, in Apartment 5a, Praia da Luz on 2nd or 3rd May, died, and her body hidden.

OK, there is a third that some people think might have happened - she wandered off, and fell down a well or a hole in the road. Extremely unlikely, but in that scenario, she is also dead.

So, let us assume she is in heaven now and could bring us a message.

Or for those who don't believe in an afterlife, what message would Madeleine have given us, if she could have done?

Would she say: "Make sure Amber Alert is adopted throughout the European Union?"

Or: "Give more resources to the Centre for Missing and Exploited Children"?

IMO, no. This is what I think she would say:

"Don't leave young children like me alone".

And she might add:

"Change the law to make it more difficult for parents to even think of leaving young children on their own"

Since I don't believe that it was the leaving the children that resulted in the vanishing of Madeleine, I think she would say "don't worry about me, I am OK where I am now".

Don't get me wrong, what the McCanns did in the nights prior to May 3rd, when they left their children alone in the apartment so they could go out drinking, was selfish, reckless, dangerous, neglectful, abusive and they were playing a very stupid game with the lives of those babies.

The McCanns should be charged with child neglect, at minimum, and the laws should be strengthened so that no other parents think that it is acceptable to play russian roulette with the lives of children.

You make a good point Colomom. Here's my take: I think Maddie would say "don't leave young children alone, because it scares them and they cry and when they cry they get in trouble."

I have been thinking about this the last few days and I now think that Maddie did not see the sun rise on May 3rd. I believe Maddie "went missing" sometime between 11:30 p.m. on May 2nd and 6:00 a.m. on May 3rd. I don't believe Maddie ever made "why didn't you come to me and Sean" comments to her mother after about midnight on May 2nd. I think K&G comments about the morning of May 3rd are a big lie. I also think the comments about Gerry asking David or Matthew to "stop by and check on Kate" are a big fat lie. I don't think these things ever happened. And I think the only reason we were told they did was to help K&G establish some kind of alibi.

And that is why it is all "boring, really" now. Because it is difficult to keep a web of lies straight and they can not answer the questions honestly.

So I do think Maddie would say "please, don't leave us alone."

Salem

Since I don't believe that it was the leaving the children that resulted in the vanishing of Madeleine, I think she would say "don't worry about me, I am OK where I am now".

Don't get me wrong, what the McCanns did in the nights prior to May 3rd, when they left their children alone in the apartment so they could go out drinking, was selfish, reckless, dangerous, neglectful, abusive and they were playing a very stupid game with the lives of those babies.

The McCanns should be charged with child neglect, at minimum, and the laws should be strengthened so that no other parents think that it is acceptable to play russian roulette with the lives of children.

I should have voted the same way...I totally agree. I messed up and didn't think my decidion carefully enough.

Maddie would say "My parents killed me". IMO.
Along with "Throw them under the prison". IMO.

I'm conflicted, because I'd choose both.

She'd say she's all right now, (which I think is what the McCanns believe, and that is why they talk so much more about the Amber Alert than they do about Madeleine suffering) and also, perhaps, don't leave us alone. There's a good chance whatever happened to her was a direct result of being left along--whether overdose of medicine to help her sleep, accidental death otherwise, or rarest possibility, abduction.

I think she'd say "Don't leave us alone."

Because, while I do think she's okay where she is, she still remembers how scared she was when she was left alone, and from where she is she can see how many other scared children are also being left alone and having bad things happen to them.

:(:(:(:(

Thanks for comments and votes in the poll to date.

This same poll has been replicated on an English blog where there have been another 211 votes to date, asking precisely the same questions - and the results almost exactly match those on this board.

Just out of interest, in my other poll on 'websleuths', 'Why did Madeleine 'go missing'?', out of 78 votes to date:

* only 16 think Madeleine was abducted
* as many as 60 think Madeleine died in Apartment 5a
* and two more give different explanations for her 'disappearance'

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I voted " Don't leave children like me alone" . The ultimate in parenting responsibilities is to make sure that your children are at ALL times supervised/with someone that is trustworthy to see to their care, if you cant be there personally. The Mcanns were in a fiancial position to hire a babysitter for the evening. Giving them Benadryl or anything to make them sleep is not good parenting...and certainly does not guarantee that they will not awaken. Children should not be left alone, much less in a foreign country.

Hi Tony, and thanks for the OP:blowkiss:

The very first thought when I read the title of your thread was hearing Madeleine say "Why didn't my mommy and daddy love me?" That is not a message but I think she wondered that often, especially about her mommy.

So I too believe she would say "Don't worry about me, as I'm OK now."

I base that on a post I read the summer after she went missing, written by the Rev on his site, and was a grueling accounting of what he believed happened to her as told thru her own words. ETA: In the very end of that post Madeleine said she was happy and in a very good place.

I do believe that much of what was stated in that post did happen, as months later as info came out, it seemed to fit. Kate's trists, being overly aggressive towards discipline w/ Madeleine, a last slap and putting her in a bag and dumping her body in a place to hide what they had done from the world.

I believe the most likely over sedating, even if it was an accidental double dose, was manslaughter in my book, and they should be held accountable for all the charges that would result from that and then disposing of her body.

XOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member