1073 users online (218 members and 855 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    As to why it was not handled as a criminal investigation, I would defer to Richmond Hill. The FBI picked up the pieces after Mr. Kyle's nurse got in touch with a Congressman. That was YEARS later. There was nothing left to go on in terms of physical evidence and without Mr. Kyle's input no where to start.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

Oh, please do not think I was criticizing you or BK, I think that the Richmond Hill PD did not handle this very well, and it is a shame because BK has to suffer even more because of this. If they had handled things differently, perhaps he would not be where he is right now. I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, it is just a shame is all.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    As to why it was not handled as a criminal investigation, I would defer to Richmond Hill. The FBI picked up the pieces after Mr. Kyle's nurse got in touch with a Congressman. That was YEARS later. There was nothing left to go on in terms of physical evidence and without Mr. Kyle's input no where to start.

The Dr. Phil show interviewed one of the paramedics on the scene. She appeared as thought the event was still clear in her mind. I am sure that she would not give me any information if I contacted her. Has BK contacted her to ask her about what she recalls about his physical state when she arrived? If so, I would be interested to know what she had to say.
    Last edited by Voice4theSilent; 10-26-2008 at 02:32 AM.
    Where is James Perryman? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...james+perryman

"Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away! ~ Elvis Presley

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Oh, please do not think I was criticizing you or BK, I think that the Richmond Hill PD did not handle this very well, and it is a shame because BK has to suffer even more because of this. If they had handled things differently, perhaps he would not be where he is right now. I know, shoulda, coulda, woulda, it is just a shame is all.
    I did not take any of this personally, trust me. I have tried to give Richmond Hill the benefit of the doubt, but I think it was simple judgement error-I have spoken with more than one LE agency who have reviewed what Richmond Hill put together in terms of a report at the time...which was virtually nothing. The problem then is the inability to go backwards and recover evidence-Nurse Betty did a great job of trying to talk to hotels, motels, car rental agencies etc...nothing was available to share. And I mean nothing. I ran down abandoned vehicle auctions etc...and that is when I found out the vehicles are auctioned or destroyed within 6 months of being picked up...I was hoping BK's car would be sitting in a junk yard somewhere stripped for parts, you know???
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Oh yes, it sounds you did very well trying to cover all the bases after the fact. Never give up though, right, there will always be another way to search for answers until he is found, right?
    I did not take any of this personally, trust me. I have tried to give Richmond Hill the benefit of the doubt, but I think it was simple judgement error-I have spoken with more than one LE agency who have reviewed what Richmond Hill put together in terms of a report at the time...which was virtually nothing. The problem then is the inability to go backwards and recover evidence-Nurse Betty did a great job of trying to talk to hotels, motels, car rental agencies etc...nothing was available to share. And I mean nothing. I ran down abandoned vehicle auctions etc...and that is when I found out the vehicles are auctioned or destroyed within 6 months of being picked up...I was hoping BK's car would be sitting in a junk yard somewhere stripped for parts, you know???

Quote Originally Posted by Julessleuther View Post
    Oh yes, it sounds you did very well trying to cover all the bases after the fact. Never give up though, right, there will always be another way to search for answers until he is found, right?
    Absolutely! I am not trying to dissuade anyone at all from questioning and searching-all ideas are welcome. Benjaman is setting up a domain and blog for himself-once it is completed, I will post the address and you-all can ask him directly rather than using a conduit...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

My bold. I didn't say it was not relevent-I said I wasn't sure...that is for me just my opinion.

As you all well know, medical care is not self serve-he is indigent. He is not covered by ANYTHING. Who would pay for the XRAY reading etc...that is where he is now.

If the LE decides it is a good investigative tool, I expect it will be done. Again JMO.

could we start a BK fund, asking for donations to help him? this way he could afford x-rays etc...

Quote Originally Posted by FightTheOstrich View Post
    could we start a BK fund, asking for donations to help him? this way he could afford x-rays etc...
    Great idea-but he won't have it. And it is only allowed for under specific circumstances via Tricia.
    Last edited by believe09; 10-30-2009 at 05:07 PM. Reason: clear up a misunderstanding...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

you got to respect him for that. that to me adds one more thing to his
    work ethic = strong
    bluestarzz

Quote Originally Posted by bluestarzz View Post
    you got to respect him for that. that to me adds one more thing to his
    work ethic = strong
    bluestarzz
    You know it-many of his supporters are amazed at how unshakable he is. All of this makes it hard not to attribute an incredible life to him-riches yada yada....but he believes he is an average Joe and suspects that he will not be returning to a life of stock options etc...once he discovers his ID. He is staunchly middle American.
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Great idea-but he won't have it. I have tried. I tried to convince him to have a paypal account opened so people can contribute...nope. He won't do it. Likens it to standing on a street corner with a tin cup. This is why I am trying to get him a temp SSN, so he can at least collect some benefits in a way he finds tolerable.

couldn't we just do it and tell him about it after we give it to him? explain to him that by the time individuals make it on websleuths, they are usually dead. he is living, he is hope and we would love the chance to help. it's not charity. any one of us could be in his shoes someday. he can later give back by volunteering. the story makes my heart ache. i understand that he is proud but everyone needs help sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by FightTheOstrich View Post
    couldn't we just do it and tell him about it after we give it to him? explain to him that by the time individuals make it on websleuths, they are usually dead. he is living, he is hope and we would love the chance to help. it's not charity. any one of us could be in his shoes someday. he can later give back by volunteering. the story makes my heart ache. i understand that he is proud but everyone needs help sometime.

You are awesome. He reads avidly here so he will surely see your request-he won't do it though, but it would be OK with me if he would change his mind, lol!
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

I very much like the idea that he was (and is now in his ways) an "average Joe" - those are the good guys!

You know it-many of his supporters are amazed at how unshakable he is. All of this makes it hard not to attribute an incredible life to him-riches yada yada....but he believes he is an average Joe and suspects that he will not be returning to a life of stock options etc...once he discovers his ID. He is staunchly middle American.

Aw, bless his heart! But Christmas gift giving season is upon us and I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can't think of thing to purchase for him... so I was thinking a card with some cash tucked in. This year we could all be Benjaman's family!

(I got the message loud and clear tho... he won't have it.) sigh

Great idea-but he won't have it. I have tried. I tried to convince him to have a paypal account opened so people can contribute...nope. He won't do it. Likens it to standing on a street corner with a tin cup. This is why I am trying to get him a temp SSN, so he can at least collect some benefits in a way he finds tolerable.

Quote Originally Posted by snowme View Post
    Aw, bless his heart! But Christmas gift giving season is upon us and I don't know about the rest of you guys but I can't think of thing to purchase for him... so I was thinking a card with some cash tucked in. This year we could all be Benjaman's family!

(I got the message loud and clear tho... he won't have it.) sigh
    Now you are talking...I do have a PO Box for correspondence-If any of you wanted to send cards or letters of support, of course I would have no idea if anything were included...
    email me

Bob Harrod SAR

― Maya Angelou

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast