Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoliving

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Police in North Carolina are searching for a missing woman last seen Saturday when she left her home to go running, WRAL.com has reported.

~snip~

Authorities described Cooper — an avid runner who was last seen wearing a T-shirt, running shorts and light blue running shoes — as a caucasian woman, approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing about 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair that falls just past her shoulders, according to the report.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,381421,00.html

~snip~

Dozens of people turned out to join a search party from Lochmere Pavilion, at Kildaire Farm Road and Lochmere Drive, around 8 a.m. Sunday. They combed running trails and a golf course by foot and by bicycle, and volunteers plastered flyers with Cooper's picture on buildings and street signs.

Cary police officers said they have launched an all-out search for Cooper.

"Officers out here on foot, we've had a great number of those out here. We've had K9 out here," Capt. Michael Williams said. "We have had assistance from the National Guard that have flown routes for us in helicopters."

Lochemere's running route was believed to be in the Lochmere Lake area or the Regency Park area. She was training for a half marathon and is a member of Lochmere Swim and Tennis Club.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3197372/

The article also says she didn't have her ID, car or keys when she left for her run.

Thank you chicoliving for posting about Nancy ~ I was just going to put the Fox News article here when I saw you had started a thread. I will include her photo here though from that article!

Nancy Cooper
Nancy Cooper

CARY, N.C. — A massive search was launched on Sunday to find a missing North Carolina woman last seen when she left her home to go running, WRAL.com reported.
Nancy Cooper, 34, reportedly went for a routine jog early Saturday morning, but never returned home to meet friends as planned.
Volunteers and police mobilized a search team with the help of the National Guard and police canines.
"We have had assistance from the National Guard that have flown routes for us in helicopters." Cary Police Capt. Michael Williams told WRAL.
Though Cooper's exact running route is unknown, volunteers reportedly scoured running trails and a golf course by foot and by bicycle — and plastered flyers with Cooper's picture on buildings and street signs.
"That was a little odd," neighbor Diana Duncan told WRAL upon learning of Cooper's disappearance. "She doesn't stand you up. She'll always call."
Authorities described Cooper — an avid runner who was training for a half-marathon — as a caucasian woman, approximately 5 feet 9 inches tall and weighing about 120 pounds. She has hazel eyes and brown hair, and was last seen wearing a T-shirt, running shorts and light blue running shoes, according to WRAL.com.

"She has two beautiful little girls who I love so much," Duncan said. "We her so much; we all do. We just have to keep looking on."

Thanks panthera! It's so good to see an all out search right away. Her family and friends must be frantic with worry. I hope she's found soon and safe!

I just saw this story. I hope Nancy makes it home to her daughters safely.

I was wondering about whether Nancy is married or not, and found this:

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1139901.html

snip

Duncan says she’s known Cooper since Cooper moved to Cary from Canada eight years ago. She said Cooper's husband Brad Cooper was at home with the couple's two young daughters, ages 4 and almost 2.

I wonder who she was last seen by? The articles only mention 2 daughters, but no hubby, boyfriend or ex. I hope we don't have another creep in the woods killing women that are alone.

Thanks panthera! It's so good to see an all out search right away. Her family and friends must be frantic with worry. I hope she's found soon and safe!
You're most welcome! I hope she's found SAFE and soon and I too am very glad LE and everyone are so concerned about her. Cary NC is right in the Raleigh area, about 2-1/2 hrs. n/e from where I am. :)

Do you have the link? Who are the other 2 women, Martin? This is scary if they all disappeared around the same area and under similar circumstances. Thanks for the info.

Officers say Nancy Cooper, 34, left her home at 7 a.m. Saturday to go running and never came back home.

Cooper is described as 5 feet 9 inches tall, 120 pounds, hazel eyes and brown hair. She was last seen wearing a t-shirt, running shorts and light blue running shoes.

Police believe she was in the Lochmere Lake area or near Regency Park.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6261482

I saw the original WRAL article (actually on another thread for Cooper here) but wondered where the "3rd women" comment came from. I was hoping to compare those 2 missing women to Nancy's case, but I don't know who the other two are. Please let me know if you have their names too! Thanks. :blowkiss:

Here's the direct link to the WRAL article:
http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3197372/

Man, that is not good news at all. As we know-- except for the runaway bride lol, women generally don't just jog off and leave their children, friends, job, home, etc.
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6261482

6261545_600x338.jpg

Holley Wimunc of Lafayette, La as been declared missing and also Megan Touma who was found dead in a motel within 2 weeks of each other both cases are connected to fort bragg and both crimes are 2 miles apart from each other.

I love the grand state of North Carolina but what in heaven's name is going on there?
There's another unsolved murder case in NC...argg, sorry I can't remember the name

I remember, Jason Young was a POI in the murder of his pregnant wife Michelle.
He has never been charged and the case is not solved.

when the local newspaper released the letter from the alleged zodiac killer in that letter it did say that further attacks will happen the letter was release after the dead women was found in a motel.

Holley Wimunc of Lafayette, La as been declared missing and also Megan Touma who was found dead in a motel within 2 weeks of each other both cases are connected to fort bragg and both crimes are 2 miles apart from each other.

These are three very different crimes, as far as I can tell.

Holley is missing and her apartment burned, Megan was pregnant, murdered, and left to decompose in a motel bath. Her baby-daddy is a military psych-ops guy, and surprise!...Cops receive a"zodiac" letter. Hmmm, wonder who would have thought of that?:waitasec:

Now we have a woman with no apparent connection to either Holley or Megan, who disappeared while jogging. The only similarity is that they are all women in North Carolina.

Unless Megan's ex, the psych-ops guy, is killing more women in the hopes of strengthening his Zodiac ploy, I seriously doubt there is any connection at all. Cops should be all over him right now, so I don't expect he'd be having the freedom to raom around killing others.

Just my opinion, of course!

Susan

Oh, thanks, Martin. I recognize Megan's name...but not so sure about Holley. It's sad but sometimes they just all run together and I forget where they are from and the details etc. Thanks again. :blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail