Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    And, several psych profs, trying to calm student's fears, statistically tried to point out that the drownings were accidental. One reply analyzed their statistics and proved the drownings weren't accidental. I just don't think LaCrosse is buying it. There needs to be an outside investigation.

Thumbs up jared dion on yahoo news

Jared and the other males that have died have made it to yahoo news
    Here is the link for all who are interested.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...wiscollegetown

I'm glad they're getting more media attention; maybe then local LE will take it seriously.....

Vance Holmes article

http://www.vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

This is long, but interesting. Since I live in Minnesota I've followed the stories of several young men from the area who have either disappeared entirely or been found drowned - similar to poor Jared. Way too many to be just accidents.

More males go missing than females but males do not get the coverage females do............what can happen to change this bias?
    The saints are the sinners who keep trying...

Bumping this up for the River Killers connection.

http://kstp.com/article/stories/S424705.shtml?cat=1

Kristi says in her radio interview that Geesey's case is particularly disturbing and we'll find out more about his case this week.

Listen to Kristi Piehl on KQRS Morning Show
    http://kstp.com/article/stories/s424554.shtml?cat=63v=1
    Last edited by SuziQ; 04-26-2008 at 01:37 PM. Reason: typo

It's about time!!

Quote Originally Posted by messiecake View Post
    More males go missing than females but males do not get the coverage females do............what can happen to change this bias?
    Not only does that need to be changed, but IMO, men also need to realize that they can become victims as easily as a woman can. And sometimes even easier because of situations they put themselves in. For instance, I feel men are more likely to attempt to walk home drunk at 2AM than a woman would.

I agree and I think what's happening now hopefully will change that bias-

We have Nancy and Greta who actively pursue missing cases. We NEED more than a couple of shows and a few minutes. I hope soon we get a cable channel that concentrates on all of our missing and makes it so people will watch. It is a huge challenge and has been toyed with...but so far no one has landed a deal.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    We have Nancy and Greta who actively pursue missing cases. We NEED more than a couple of shows and a few minutes. I hope soon we get a cable channel that concentrates on all of our missing and makes it so people will watch. It is a huge challenge and has been toyed with...but so far no one has landed a deal.
    I think there are a few local PBS-ish blurbs dedicated to it, but it is more of a mp-loop, no storyline- I can tell you first hand if you don't tell the story and generate interest, no traction- which is how criminals are able to continue their sprees, hopefully we can contribute to getting folks to look at it that way..

As I said...you have to have first an audience...then you have to incorporate them. They have to be understanding and willing to go forward with the idea of finding our missing. It is not an easy task. They have to develop a plan to have people respond. We are willing...imagine what it takes for others to become involved...usually it is someone going missing. They have to change that.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Good Point, for example, I have been intrigued by them as long as I could remember, following up, hypothisizing, etc.. But until I catually became involved with one personally, my call to action was not there...
    I guess therefore my message is that IT CAN happen to someone you love, their is no-one immune to a potential crime. Change the way people think about their obligations to personal safety code and realize your contribution CAN make a difference; and incoporte the ability to act on it as you said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2