Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WI - Jared P. Dion, 21, La Crosse, April 2004

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    We have Nancy and Greta who actively pursue missing cases. We NEED more than a couple of shows and a few minutes. I hope soon we get a cable channel that concentrates on all of our missing and makes it so people will watch. It is a huge challenge and has been toyed with...but so far no one has landed a deal.
    I think there are a few local PBS-ish blurbs dedicated to it, but it is more of a mp-loop, no storyline- I can tell you first hand if you don't tell the story and generate interest, no traction- which is how criminals are able to continue their sprees, hopefully we can contribute to getting folks to look at it that way..

As I said...you have to have first an audience...then you have to incorporate them. They have to be understanding and willing to go forward with the idea of finding our missing. It is not an easy task. They have to develop a plan to have people respond. We are willing...imagine what it takes for others to become involved...usually it is someone going missing. They have to change that.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Good Point, for example, I have been intrigued by them as long as I could remember, following up, hypothisizing, etc.. But until I catually became involved with one personally, my call to action was not there...
    I guess therefore my message is that IT CAN happen to someone you love, their is no-one immune to a potential crime. Change the way people think about their obligations to personal safety code and realize your contribution CAN make a difference; and incoporte the ability to act on it as you said.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12