Pat Brown profiler weighs in on case

John's lack of interest in a possible theory is interesting.

Although, since this was a written conversation & not a verbal conversation.. he might have failed to respond out of laziness or forgetfulness. It's hard to say for sure he ignored the theory on purpose.

IMO he knows no theory would fit,so he avoids it.There's no way to explain how someone would bother to redress Jb after she screamed,or the lack of blood elsewhere,if she was assaulted,bled,then redressed.

Just to clarify, the 'theory' I mentioned was in regards to this:

One other unknown piece is an email I have from John Ramsey in response to one I sent him. I noted the language and scenario in the ransom note was similar to that of "Choose Your Own Adventure" stories and the lettering of the ransom note was exactly the same font and size (as if one laid the note on top of the words in the book and traced them so as to disguise writing). As the Ramsey's son was just the right age to be a reader of these books, I told John my theory and mentioned the killer might have been in the son's room and borrowed one of these books to fashion his note.

John responded by commenting on the police incompetancy but said nothing about my theory. I found this odd as usually a family will jump on any new possible concept, even if it is absurd, and want more information on it or ask me to talk to the police. He did neither but said he would keep my email.

I always thought Pat Brown was a profiler and not a DNA expert. I was hoping to read something about her profiler view of the perp. Instead she posted about a subject she knows nothing about. What a disappointment. :mad:

I always thought Pat Brown was a profiler and not a DNA expert. I was hoping to read something about her profiler view of the perp. Instead she posted about a subject she knows nothing about. What a disappointment. :mad:

Hey, unlike the DA, she's taking a holistic view of the case, Pepper. By that I mean examining the big picture, which you have to do in this case.

Pat Brown a criminal profiler wrote a blog post about the new DNA evidence on Women in Crime Ink blog, here is the link: Women in Crime Ink: A Touch of DNA

On the comments section, she talks about an email she sent to John Ramsey, and his response.

Is she talking about an original book that Burke might have owned or a 200{5,6} reprint? Which of the many books did she use for the comparison? How did she determine what size the ransom note lettering is? There are several different versions of "a," "s," "d," and so on in the ransom note. The sizes of letters vary.

The letters don't look traced to me.

why would someone trace over another reading yet write something completely different?

is she really saying to JR that an intruder wrote the note or that his son wrote the note?..... why would JR respond? i certainly wouldn't.

if there was an intruder, there should be tons of their DNA around i would think, not just trace DNA........ and as noted, PR's DNA is everywhere in that room with JBR.

why would someone trace over another reading yet write something completely different?

is she really saying to JR that an intruder wrote the note or that his son wrote the note?..... why would JR respond? i certainly wouldn't.

if there was an intruder, there should be tons of their DNA around i would think, not just trace DNA........ and as noted, PR's DNA is everywhere in that room with JBR.

I think Brown's idea is that Patsy traced over the letters because John was dictating.

And would it even be feasible? I got a piece of lightweight looseleaf and placed it over a page from a medium-priced largish-type kid's paperback. I can barely make out the print underneath. No way would I be able to even find a particular character to trace. Maybe with a light box.

The whole thing seems very dubious.

In the blog referenced above Pat Brown wrote: "One other unknown piece is an email I have from John Ramsey in response to one I sent him. I noted the language and scenario in the ransom note was similar to that of 'Choose Your Own Adventure' stories and the lettering of the ransom note was exactly the same font and size (as if one laid the note on top of the words in the book and traced them so as to disguise writing)...."

So I obtained one of these "Choose Your Own Adventure" books. There are a lot of them. I chose one aimed at 10 yo and up based in Colorado and published May 1, 1996, figuring that it might have been prominently featured in local bookstores. (I don't have any reason to think Burke owned any, but going along with the premise....)

You can barely make out printing underneath a fairly sheer piece of looseleaf but nevermind that, the book print is way too small to be copied legibly with a felt-tip Sharpie. And if you were able to accomplish this, the characters would be smaller than the characters in the ransom note, even assuming the legal pad is 5" x 8"--what we might call a "junior" legal pad. (Going on Karen Auge's Denver Post reporting for this. If the pad is larger than 5x8, the difference would be even greater.)

And of course, the question of font is a big one. Which font does she think the Ramsey ransom note is in?

"let's say we accept that the DNA evidence came from a third party. It would seem likely that there should be more of that DNA at the scene.

Where is it?

If the perpetrator was careless enough to not wear gloves while sexually assaulting JonBenét, should we not find many more of those skin cells on her shirt, on the blanket, on the ransom note, etc.?"

all I know, DNA is not the ONLY evidence in this case.....

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599192467930.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599192467930.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 84
  • FB_IMG_1599192441558.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599192441558.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 81
  • FB_IMG_1599192423423.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599192423423.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 74
even Lacy knew that back then....but still, she "cleared" the Ramseys...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1599192960683.jpg
    FB_IMG_1599192960683.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 50
"let's say we accept that the DNA evidence came from a third party. It would seem likely that there should be more of that DNA at the scene.

Where is it?

If the perpetrator was careless enough to not wear gloves while sexually assaulting JonBenét, should we not find many more of those skin cells on her shirt, on the blanket, on the ransom note, etc.?"

Imo, not necessarily. I can't begin to count the cases I've followed or I've watched concerning thousands of cases over the decades that resulted in only one or two fingerprints. Or they only found ONE tiny speck of blood belonging to the suspects etc. Yet time after time they found no further DNA or any type of forensic evidence throughout the entire crime scenes.

To this day it baffles me that David Westerfield hadn't ever been inside of the Van Dam home before in his entire life, but yet he entered in the dark of night climbing the stairs to the second floor where little Danielle's bedroom was located. He kidnapped her taking her out of her home. LE forensically tested the home from top to bottom yet found absolutley no forensic evidence he had ever been there. They didn't even find any trace evidence belonging to DW. No fibers or hair or fingerprints or footprints belonging to DW, the pedophile murderer of precious little Danielle.

And his case is not alone. Thank goodness they were able to find DVDs prints in his camper.

The last stats I read stated only around 65 percent of murder cases are solved due to the suspects leaving no trace of themselves behind OR the evidence left behind by the suspects doesnt match anyone in CODIS.

Imo, that is why we continue to see decades old murder cases finally solved due to being able to finally match the evidence police departments have had in their possession for years or decades, and were able to match it to the suspects whether through CODIS that is constantly being updated or through genealogy.

I did read due to LE and forensic departments being so overloaded, and shorthanded there are many thousands, and thousands of DNA profiles taken from violent crimes all across the nation.... that hasn't been uploaded into CODIS yet. States are being given grants to assist them in the tremendous backlog of entering DNA profiles from unknown offenders so they can be uploaded into CODIS.

Jmho

To this day it baffles me that David Westerfield hadn't ever been inside of the Van Dam home before in his entire life, but yet he entered in the dark of night climbing the stairs to the second floor where little Danielle's bedroom was located. He kidnapped her taking her out of her home. LE forensically tested the home from top to bottom yet found absolutley no forensic evidence he had ever been there. They didn't even find any trace evidence belonging to DW. No fibers or hair or fingerprints or footprints belonging to DW, the pedophile murderer of precious little Danielle.

And his case is not alone. Thank goodness they were able to find DVDs prints in his camper.

I know I'm about to be reamed for this but I watched the televised trial and have always had doubts about Westerfield's guilt. Danielle Van Dam had been to Westerfield's house with her mother earlier in the week. He lived right up the block. The defense's position was that Danielle climbed into the camper at some point on her own and played in it. I could sort of see a where a young child might do something like that if they think they know the neighbor who's camper it is. When my brother was little kid he ran off one afternoon and I found him and another little boy playing in a neighbor's camper so it's not impossible.

Also the Van Dams typically apparently had a lot of people coming in and out of their house and had people they didn't know well over that night.

I know this is way off topic.

I know I'm about to be reamed for this but I watched the televised trial and have always had doubts about Westerfield's guilt. Danielle Van Dam had been to Westerfield's house with her mother earlier in the week. He lived right up the block. The defense's position was that Danielle climbed into the camper at some point on her own and played in it. I could sort of see a where a young child might do something like that if they think they know the neighbor who's camper it is. When my brother was little kid he ran off one afternoon and I found him and another little boy playing in a neighbor's camper so it's not impossible.

Also the Van Dams typically apparently had a lot of people coming in and out of their house and had people they didn't know well over that night.

I know this is way off topic.

I can't give you a source at the moment but iirc reporting near the time of the trial claimed that Westerfield revealed the location of the body to his lawyer who then used that information as a bargaining chip with the prosecution.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back