684 users online (92 members and 592 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Do you agree with the way the death penalty is conducted?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes - it works fine as it is!

    37 45.12%
  • No - I dont agree with dp at all!

    16 19.51%
  • No - Not as it is at moment it needs reforming!

    26 31.71%
  • Undecided

    3 3.66%

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 65
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Wales UK
    Posts
    202

    New female addition to texas death row

    On July 11th Texan mother became the 10th woman on texas death row for tourturing/beating her 2yr old to death.

    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/tx/5883889.html


    The death pen should be reserved for 'special' people like this.
    :Justice:
    'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind', Mahatma Ghandi.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    Since the DP doesn't exist in every state, and since it is administered differently in each state in which it exists, the answers to this poll depends on which state we are talking about. In California it needs to be tossed. In Texas it works well. They have an express lane!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    LI, NY
    Posts
    3,268
    IMO, the death penalty is a much easier sentence than having to spend the rest of your life behind bars with the bare minimum of contact with other human beings.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,828
    The only problem I have with it is that it isn't used enough.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    The only problem I have with it is that it isn't used enough.

    Exactly.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Lone Star State
    Posts
    6,295
    Sadly, the testifying doctor said it was the worst case of child abuse he'd ever seen.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by LI_Mom View Post
    IMO, the death penalty is a much easier sentence than having to spend the rest of your life behind bars with the bare minimum of contact with other human beings.
    Really? How interesting. Can you explain to us how, then, the most tough serial killers, spree murderers and depraved humans on the face of the earth cry themselves to sleep every night and do everything possible to avoid this "easy" sentence? You must know something that they don't know, darlin, because believe me when I tell you that these big, strong, tough men will do ANYTHING, and I DO MEAN ANYTHING, to serve that life sentence.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    4,368
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Since the DP doesn't exist in every state, and since it is administered differently in each state in which it exists, the answers to this poll depends on which state we are talking about. In California it needs to be tossed. In Texas it works well. They have an express lane!
    I agree.. California needs to overhaul there system and stop the nonsense with taking 25 years to finally execute the scum. Maybe we should model it after Texas...

    “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,119
    Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    The only problem I have with it is that it isn't used enough.
    Ditto....and not fast enough.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    28,051
    I cannot find a thread on the original case-this 38 year old woman had 14 children, 7 of which were living with her husband? And how does the boyfriend come into play here...OMG-watch out Riley Sawyer's mom....


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    10,384
    ^^^^^^55555555 JeanaDP

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,182
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I cannot find a thread on the original case-this 38 year old woman had 14 children, 7 of which were living with her husband? And how does the boyfriend come into play here...OMG-watch out Riley Sawyer's mom....
    I hope so believe. I hope Riley's mom faces the same tough jury. Riley's mom had lots of choices so I hope now, the jury makes sure she doesn't have any more.

    Salem

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    southeastern PA
    Posts
    690
    I do support the DP, but I am not prepared to say that "it works fine as it is" because I haven't really researched how it is. I want everybody on death row to have indisputable evidence, including DNA against them.

    If they were sentenced before modern DNA technology was available, then I want the DNA to be tested prior to death date.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    26,910
    Quote Originally Posted by christine2448 View Post
    ^^^^^^55555555 JeanaDP
    Does this mean I'm in trouble?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,252
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP) View Post
    Does this mean I'm in trouble?
    Are you ever not?:Banane57::Banane36::Banane24:

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-24-2015, 06:09 AM
  2. TX - Female Hostage Freed From Texas Hotel, Captor Shoots Self
    By dark_shadows in forum Crimes in the News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-30-2006, 09:21 PM