New female addition to texas death row

Do you agree with the way the death penalty is conducted?

• Total voters
Since the DP doesn't exist in every state, and since it is administered differently in each state in which it exists, the answers to this poll depends on which state we are talking about. In California it needs to be tossed. In Texas it works well. They have an express lane!

IMO, the death penalty is a much easier sentence than having to spend the rest of your life behind bars with the bare minimum of contact with other human beings.

The only problem I have with it is that it isn't used enough.

Sadly, the testifying doctor said it was the worst case of child abuse he'd ever seen.

IMO, the death penalty is a much easier sentence than having to spend the rest of your life behind bars with the bare minimum of contact with other human beings.

Really? How interesting. Can you explain to us how, then, the most tough serial killers, spree murderers and depraved humans on the face of the earth cry themselves to sleep every night and do everything possible to avoid this "easy" sentence? You must know something that they don't know, darlin, because believe me when I tell you that these big, strong, tough men will do ANYTHING, and I DO MEAN ANYTHING, to serve that life sentence.

Since the DP doesn't exist in every state, and since it is administered differently in each state in which it exists, the answers to this poll depends on which state we are talking about. In California it needs to be tossed. In Texas it works well. They have an express lane!

I agree.. California needs to overhaul there system and stop the nonsense with taking 25 years to finally execute the scum. Maybe we should model it after Texas...

I cannot find a thread on the original case-this 38 year old woman had 14 children, 7 of which were living with her husband? And how does the boyfriend come into play here...OMG-watch out Riley Sawyer's mom....

I cannot find a thread on the original case-this 38 year old woman had 14 children, 7 of which were living with her husband? And how does the boyfriend come into play here...OMG-watch out Riley Sawyer's mom....

I hope so believe. I hope Riley's mom faces the same tough jury. Riley's mom had lots of choices so I hope now, the jury makes sure she doesn't have any more.

Salem

I do support the DP, but I am not prepared to say that "it works fine as it is" because I haven't really researched how it is. I want everybody on death row to have indisputable evidence, including DNA against them.

If they were sentenced before modern DNA technology was available, then I want the DNA to be tested prior to death date.

I agree.. California needs to overhaul there system and stop the nonsense with taking 25 years to finally execute the scum. Maybe we should model it after Texas...

I voted that the DP needs reform for this exact reason. I also live in California-- and as you said MagicRose, it should not take 20-30 years to execute these scumbags

I saw from the results that I am not the only person who disagrees with the death penalty but I am the only such person to speak up so far, I think.

I believe that the death penalty should be done away with completely. No, I will not then move on to attacking life without parole (as someone claimed in a different subject). I do believe that there are human beings so dangerous that the only thing to do with them is to keep them separated from society.

I believe that it is wrong to take a human life in cold blood (self defence is a different matter). I believe that to reason that some other human being deserves to be killed is exactly the same reasoning many murderers use. The fact that the weapon used is the death penalty doesn't change the basic reasoning.

I am against the death penalty in part because of my own desire to be a better human being. I don't want to live in a world where it is considered okay to kill human beings, so it is incumbent upon me to live the change I want so far as I am capable.

I feel it is wrong to let many of these monsters breathe the same air as we do. I resent the fact that it takes so long to execute them.

I think if someone chooses to kill another human being in cold blood, then that person forfeits all rights. That alone gives the state or federal government the right to kill that person. Someone who beats their child to death needs to be put down, except in cases of severe mental illness, like Andrea Yates.

There are times when I support the DP and others when I don't, and in some cases, I just don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
legalpyro74
Back