Man cuts off own head with chainsaw

Floh

Former Member
Reaction score
Man cuts off own head with chainsaw after flat is earmarked to be bulldozed by developers

A ‘vulnerable’ man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after being ordered to move out of his home to make way for developers, police believe.
David Phyall’s severed head was found beside the power tool inside his housing association flat shortly after receiving his eviction notice.
Detectives were today investigating the possibility that the 58-year-old killed himself rather than leave his home of eight years.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsaw-flat-earmarked-bulldozed-developers.html

To me, this demonstrates 'care in the community' is sadly lacking. :(

That poor man. He was obviously very sick.

That poor man. He was obviously very sick.
I would certainly agree with that prognosis.
I can honestly say Ive never heard of anyone doing that before.
I worked with a delusional patient once who cut off his hand with a band saw then threw it in a microwave so it couldnt be reattached because he thought '666' was tatooed on it.
I thought that took determination but I think this tops it.

Man cuts off own head with chainsaw after flat is earmarked to be bulldozed by developers

A ‘vulnerable’ man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after being ordered to move out of his home to make way for developers, police believe.
David Phyall’s severed head was found beside the power tool inside his housing association flat shortly after receiving his eviction notice.
Detectives were today investigating the possibility that the 58-year-old killed himself rather than leave his home of eight years.

More: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsaw-flat-earmarked-bulldozed-developers.html

Wow, that's sad:confused:

You see, i honestly don't understand how he managed to do it . . .

Here's another one of those "how on earth???" cases. I just viewed the "woman cuts her own umbilical cord, baby dies" right before this one. I just don't get it!

Wouldnt he have bled to death before his head fell off?

Wouldnt he have bled to death before his head fell off?

:eek: I doubt it....Ugh
Wouldn't the saw have gone through the neck pretty quick?

That is really sad. To think you have absolutely no options left but to end your life.

A ‘vulnerable’ man cut off his own head with a chainsaw after being ordered to move out of his home to make way for developers

This is so sad

This is one of the most pitiful things I have ever read. The poor man and any family he might have somewhere.
OMGosh, to torture one's self mentally with the thought of doing this is almost unimaginable, then to decapitate yourself with a chain saw. I didn't know this was possible. I wish I had never known. Ugggghhh.
I wish he had gotten some caring and help somewhere.
Maria

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:How awful. How very sad. How bad off could this man have been do do such a thing? I mean I'd think a person would be destitute enough to kill themselves, but a power tool? :eek:

I don't mean to be flip about this story but I have to say i've known a few men in my life that i wish would take their cue from this guy. Ok, I know. Just sayin'.

:eek: I doubt it....Ugh
Wouldn't the saw have gone through the neck pretty quick?

That is really sad. To think you have absolutely no options left but to end your life.
I just cant work out how he done it but Im not going to put too much thought into it:)

I don't mean to be flip about this story but I have to say i've known a few men in my life that i wish would take their cue from this guy. Ok, I know. Just sayin'.

Maybe you can send the article to them in the mail. Just write "Just saw this and thought of you." xxxooo

Ack!! Whut? I'm sitting here thinking how that's possible. Chain saws have a trigger. How on earth could he have kept pulling that trigger after initial contact, much less to go all the way though his neck? Guhross! I agree, I put way too much thought in this. Ugh! But... come on. How could he hold the chain saw up for that long? They aren't light weight.

It listed the possible cause of death of Mr Phyall as ‘complete transaction of the neck’ and ‘chainsaw wound to the neck.’
Bolded by me.

Something smells funny there.

Ack!! Whut? I'm sitting here thinking how that's possible. Chain saws have a trigger. How on earth could he have kept pulling that trigger after initial contact, much less to go all the way though his neck? Guhross! I agree, I put way too much thought in this. Ugh! But... come on. How could he hold the chain saw up for that long? They aren't light weight.

It listed the possible cause of death of Mr Phyall as ‘complete transaction of the neck’ and ‘chainsaw wound to the neck.’
Bolded by me.

Something smells funny there.

I suppose he could have jammed the trigger/switch to keep it running. Maybe he laid on the floor and let gravity finish it.

I would think "complete transaction of the neck" means the head was severed completely. "Chainsaw wound to the neck" would describe the same type of wound.

Putting way too much thought into this: Say he lays on his side and pulls the chainsaw, hard, down on his neck. If its a high power job, it would cut fast. Being on his side, his neck is a bit off the floor, so if he loses his grip, gravity and the cutting action would pull the saw down to the floor.

As someone said, that takes determination to take yourself out that way.

What are you thinking that "smells funny"?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back