747 users online (157 members and 590 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Zealand - Xin Xin 'Cina' Ma, 5, Auckland, 14 July 2008

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10521582

Cina was abducted from my home town yesterday, about 10 minutes drive from where I live. So far, the police have found nothing and no ransom demand has been made. They believe it was a premeditated abduction. Please keep little Cina in your prayers, I hope she is back with her family soon...

What a horrifying story.
    From your link:
    Xin Xin Ma was riding her bike on the footpath of Corricvale Way, Albany, at 12.30pm yesterday when the sole occupant of a silver car grabbed her, put her in the vehicle and sped away.
    Last night it emerged that Xin Xin was heard screaming in Chinese, "Let me go. I don't know you" as she was abducted from outside her home.
    But only her cousin, aged 8, understood the words.
    The grandparents of Xin Xin believe that if she had screamed for help in English, neighbours might have been able to save her.
    (more at link)

I pray for her safe return.

From the 2nd page of that link:
    "Xin Xin screamed so loudly, 'Let me go, I don't know you' that half the neighbourhood heard. But I think no one knew what she was saying because she was yelling in Mandarin."
    She said Xin Xin must have put up quite a struggle, as she kicked both her shoes off. Police last night took the shoes as evidence.
    Xin Xin's parents are estranged and only the mother lives at the house, but both parents were being interviewed at the police station last night with Max and his mother. The house is on the market.
    Mrs Zhou said Xin Xin's father - her son-in-law - dropped her off at the house on Sunday night after spending the day with her.

(Now I'm wondering if this won't turn out to be custody-related. I hope she's still alive and well and will be found soon.)

Kidnapping could be retaliation, family say
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/4619542a10.html

Poor Cina, I hope that she is alive and is able to be brought home soon. She is cute as a button. I will keep her family in my prayers.

oh dear.
    I do hope it is a business deal and she is RETURNED

Family friends of the abducted girl are urging police to investigate the possibility that the masked kidnapper could have been Chinese.
    One friend, who did not want to be identified, said: "From the fact that Xin Xin screamed for help in Chinese, she thinks that her attacker could understand the language.
    "Otherwise, Xin Xin is very comfortable with speaking English. She is born here, speaks English and mixes very well with Kiwi kids."

http://snipurl.com/2z4lx [www_nzherald_co_nz]

"masked" to me is a big clue that this was planned and not just your random pervert driving down the street trying to find a little girl. I'm highly suspicious of the father and a little upset that her other family members thought it was o.k. for a 5 and 6 yr old to be out ALONE riding their bikes.

Thanks for all your posts and prayers!!

Taximom, I am also suspicious of the father ... while I understand everyone reacts to things differently, he hasn't expressed any concern over his daughters welfare or asked for her return.

I understand what you are saying about the children playing on the street, however this is actually not unusual in New Zealand. We're probably a bit naive, but it is still considered pretty safe for children to play outside with friends here. This would be the first case I can think of, of a child being abducted from outside their home by a stranger, and I can only think of two or three other cases of a small child being abducted in the last 25 years. A lot of families moving here from overseas are very relaxed about that sort of thing as the crime rate is so much lower than where they have come from, that they perceive NZ as being a safe haven for their families.

Ah, thanks for that insight, Waterlily!

You're welcome ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4620445a11.html

I can only imagine the pain being felt by this little girl's family, and this little girl herself.

Waterlily, thanks for clarifying that children in NZ often still play in the streets. Unfortunately, I think that is rapidly changing. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by SueY View Post

I can only imagine the pain being felt by this little girl's family, and this little girl herself.

Waterlily, thanks for clarifying that children in NZ often still play in the streets. Unfortunately, I think that is rapidly changing. :-)
    SueY, thanks for posting those links... poor little girl. I hope it is a business deal as her family believe, and she is still alive and ok, and will be able to return home soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterlily View Post
    Thanks for all your posts and prayers!!

Taximom, I am also suspicious of the father ... while I understand everyone reacts to things differently, he hasn't expressed any concern over his daughters welfare or asked for her return.

I understand what you are saying about the children playing on the street, however this is actually not unusual in New Zealand. We're probably a bit naive, but it is still considered pretty safe for children to play outside with friends here. This would be the first case I can think of, of a child being abducted from outside their home by a stranger, and I can only think of two or three other cases of a small child being abducted in the last 25 years. A lot of families moving here from overseas are very relaxed about that sort of thing as the crime rate is so much lower than where they have come from, that they perceive NZ as being a safe haven for their families.

I am suspicious of the father as well. The words 'stubborn, cries uncontrollably, afraid she will give them trouble and they will hurt her' does not sound very good coming from her father or whichever family member said it.
    Why wasn't this child being watched? Not too many 5 year olds are even capable of riding around on a bike. Isn't that unusual?

At any rate, I pray for her safe return and that she is unharmed.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    There is growing speculation among the Chinese community that the person responsible for the kidnapping of five-year-old Cina Ma is from within their own community.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast