Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    I recreated a search for non-compliant S/O's for Chicago on the state site and found 817 of them. There are a total of 3981 S/O's for the city of Chicago:

http://www.isp.state.il.us/sor/offenderlist.cfm

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    The one article linked says this about RSO's:

A registered sex offender lives on Richard Lyons' block. About that, police only said everything remains under investigation.

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    Quote Originally Posted by PandaJ View Post
    FYI - I'mnot sure where that news source quoted above got that 3 a.m. time frame. The article I just posted says this:

"The 9-year-old had gone to bed about 11 p.m. Monday after telling her grandmother she was tired and wanted to sleep. About 10 minutes later, the family heard a door shut. The noise drew the girl's father downstairs to investigate, relatives said.

After quickly discovering Mya wasn't in the house, relatives went outside to search for her. About 15 minutes later, Richard Lyons Sr. found his daughter wounded in a secluded alley near their home. His anguished screams awoke the quiet South Side street where the family has lived for more than two decades."

That's an awfully small time frame! I wonder why she went outside 10 minutes after telling the grandma she was tired and wanted to sleep.

jmo

???? I have read in numerous articles they had all gone to a block party and realized she was missing around midnight. Now she was in bed at 9pm?
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

Hmmmm....I think that the family does not have a good idea of who last saw her and where she actually was. I would have to believe that the assault itself took some time? But her father certainly happened onto the scene shortly after? She took quite a beating, poor baby.

I found this article interesting.

The 9-year-old had gone to bed about 11 p.m. Monday after telling her grandmother she was tired and wanted to sleep. About 10 minutes later, the family heard a door shut. The noise drew the girl's father downstairs to investigate, relatives said.

Lyons took his daughter, still dressed in her pink outfit, to nearby Jackson Park Hospital, where she was pronounced dead

An autopsy performed Tuesday determined Mya died of multiple injuries in a homicide, the Cook County medical examiner's office said. It's unlikely the girl was sexually assaulted, based on the autopsy, Chief of Detectives Thomas Byrne said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...,2204469.story

Why was Mya not in her pj's? Was it normal for her to wear her play clothes to bed? She was either taken before she had a chance to change, or went outside on her own, which I question.

She was so pretty! What a shame!
    Last edited by kahskye; 07-16-2008 at 12:26 PM. Reason: added picture

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kahskye For This Useful Post:

I for one do not love how this is shaping up...almost like the family is covering for someone, God forbid. It cannot have been the dad, considering his intense grief is what drew attention to his presence in the alley where she was found, right???

So she wasn't sexually abused?

gaia227 is offline I have never taken any exercise except sleeping and resting - M. Twain
    The media reports are all helter-skelter. She goes to bed but she is still in her playclothes. She was at a block party at 11pm. She went to bed at 9pm. She was found at midnight. She was found at 3am. She was sexually abused, she wasn't sexually abused.

I sure hope the media isn't getting their info from the LE.
    'The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated'
    --Ghandi

I am so shock over this poor beautiful girl's murder. Seen on the news here in Chi-Town.

I guess as the investigation continues we will read more about the minutes of that night.

Praying for evidence to find someone accountable...

Poor little beautiful Mya..

Rosco.

Prayers for this family and may little Mya rest in peace and snuggle in the wings of angels.

Salem

The tragically brief life of 9-year-old Mya Lyons will be celebrated Saturday with bunches of roses -- pink, of course -- at a funeral at a Southwest Side church.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/24-7/10...girl17.article

Why was little girl out so late at night?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/mitchel...itch17.article
    Last edited by kahskye; 07-17-2008 at 10:59 AM. Reason: added link

I don't think this poor little girl ever went to bed. If everything went as quickly as it sounds, someone could have just been waiting for her in her room. That would explain why she wasn't in her pj's.

'Person Of Interest' In Custody In Mya Lyons Slaying

A "person of interest" is reportedly in police custody Friday afternoon for the slaying of a 9-year-old girl found dead by her father on the South Side on Tuesday.

~snip~.

A man, who is a "person of interest" and not a family member of the girl, is in police custody Friday, but no charges had been filed as of 3 p.m., according to a source.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/16924255/detail.html

It sounds like the family was at the block party, got distracted (if there was a lot of people, which there usually is at block parties and drinking) then maybe that was when the perv spotted her and grabbed her.

http://cbs2chicago.com/topstories/my....2.774494.html
    Another story about the 'person of interest'.
    from the article---
    "He told investigators he is a "scrapper"-- someone who collects scrap metal to sell. He allegedly admitted to police he was in the alley and said that if had stayed longer, he could have saved her, according to the source, who said the person of interest may be mentally unstable.
    The wounds on Mya's body were all on her right side torso area, leading investigators to believe the crime was committed by a left-handed person, and the person of interest is left-handed, according to the source, who said the man has a cut on his right hand that dental forensics investigators believe may have been caused when Mya bit him. "

17. The Following User Says Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast