756 users online (80 members and 676 guests)  

Websleuths News

NM - Local Crime -- freaked me out

How'd ya like to see this on the front page of your online paper & realize that in the middle of the "boxed in place" is your home. Mine is. I think they actually just caught the guy, but I was calling my DH telling him to lock the house & don't let anyone in......

www.taosnews.com/articles/2008/07/15/news/doc487d00f2bc3fa706375783.txt

snip ~
    "Colfax County and Angel Fire police are stationed at the far end of Taos Canyon, just below Palo Flechado Pass. They hope to have the suspect boxed in the canyon as officers from the town, county and state coordinate a search."

eta: this was the caption to a picture that is not there now. the pic was of about 6 police cars in the canyon about a mile from my house.
    Last edited by mostlylurking; 07-15-2008 at 04:19 PM. Reason: online pic changed

Yikes! I would of been freaked out too. Hopefully they caught him. When or if something like this happens in my town I lock up inside like Ft.Knox..

If something like this happened in my neighborhood I'd croak (which wasn't the first word that came to mind)!

Hope you are safe and sound ML. That's something you never get used to.

Unfortunately they rob banks here in what seems like every single day anymore. Still the sight of cop cars and just not knowing is frightening.