536 users online (57 members and 479 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

AL - Woman Intenionally Severed Umbilical Cord, Florence

Ok I am MAJORLY confused (and disgusted)...How do you get inside yourself to sever the cord?
    They said this was done at home, and she delivered at the hospital, so this had to be what happened.

FLORENCE, Ala. -- Authorities say a Florence woman has been charged in the death of her fetus after medical personnel determined the umbilical cord had been intentionally severed.

30-year-old Jennifer Darlene Johnson was being held today on $50,000 bond. A court official said she didn't have a lawyer.

Police say Johnson was about seven months into her pregnancy when she was taken to Helen Keller Hospital in Sheffield Friday night. She said her water had broken and she was experiencing pain and bleeding. Police said the fetus was dead when delivered at the hospital.
    more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16890396/detail.html

I guess the boyfriend helped in this too.

These people are freaks who do not deserve to have anymore children.

WR ~ I'm confused, too. How could that happen? I guess "if there's a will, there's a way", but sheesh, that's a bit extreme!

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Wait, what?
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by Kellee View Post
    WR ~ I'm confused, too. How could that happen? I guess "if there's a will, there's a way", but sheesh, that's a bit extreme!
    I agree about the will and way...but gosh I would have thought this to be IMPOSSIBLE.
    How could she reach there and what on earth could she have used to sever it? I thought the cord was pretty tough.

OK I'm lost what about her cervix? I surprised she didn't kill herself in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
    OK I'm lost what about her cervix? I surprised she didn't kill herself in the process.

Yeah! Me too!
    You use to hear all the time about women using coat hangers...maybe that is how she did it??? I just don't know.

How on earth does that happen????

It's possible that the cord prolapsed, or sort of "fell out" of her. Perhaps she had an incompetent cervix. I'd say that's the most like scenario. Horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsade View Post
    It's possible that the cord prolapsed, or sort of "fell out" of her. Perhaps she had an incompetent cervix. I'd say that's the most like scenario. Horrible.
    Could be true. If this were the case though I wonder what made her take the actions she did? Maybe she never wanted the baby and couldn't afford an abortion?

Quote Originally Posted by White Rain View Post
    Could be true. If this were the case though I wonder what made her take the actions she did? Maybe she never wanted the baby and couldn't afford an abortion?
    My first thought as well, but perhaps she was just that foolish-if she prolapsed and ripped the umbilical cord....

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    My first thought as well, but perhaps she was just that foolish-if she prolapsed and ripped the umbilical cord....

Could be but umbilical cords are thick. It seems hard to believe it was accidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsade View Post
    That's really the only logical scenario. I wish they would release more information on this. I've never heard anything like this before! Poor baby

I'm surprised she's charged with anything. A woman around here faked being robbed and shot herself in the stomach killing her unborn child and got off because the baby never took a breath.

Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    How in the world???? I'm completely confused. How can you do this...physically??

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast