1400 users online (259 members and 1141 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

UK - London, LIVING BlkMale 238UMUK, ~16, abandoned, Sep'99 - Name withheld

The Doe Network:
    Case File 238UMUK
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/238umuk.html

Photo of Victim.

Unknown Black Male

Located on September 8, 1999 in London, England.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. He has a physical disability and learning difficulties.
    Other: He is called Kenny Ohia. It is thought Kenny is Nigerian and understands Yoruba.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case History
    On September 8, 1999, a man with a young boy entered an office belonging to Southwark Social Services in East Dulwich, a section of London. The man claimed to be the uncle of the young boy. He also claimed that the boy's name was Kenny Ohia and that he and his partner were caring for him while Kenny's mother was away in America. The man said he needed something he left in his car but never returned.
    The next day a woman came to the office and dropped off a note detailing Kenny's taste in food and medication. The note said he was a "good boy". The woman left before any of the social workers had a chance to speak to her.
    Kenny talks of family and of Nigeria's capital, Lagos. Kenny loves games and music.
    As of February 6, 2001, Southwark was still unable to trace Kenny's parents. He is currently being looked after by foster parents.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Child Protection Team
    Camberwell Police Station
    020-7701-1212

Source Information: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    This is Local London
    Adoption Net UK
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 05-13-2014 at 06:32 PM. Reason: added link

sounds like the were overwhelmed taking care of a special needs child.

AWWEEE HOW SAD !!!! I feel so bad for him

Quote Originally Posted by phenolred View Post
    AWWEEE HOW SAD !!!! I feel so bad for him
    The thing that puzzles me is that his name is Kenny Ohia and they still leave him as unidentifed? I didn't know amnesia can come to kids and teens as well?

Quote Originally Posted by assaf1981 View Post
    The Doe Network:
    Case File 238UMUK

Photo of Victim.

Unknown Black Male

Located on September 8, 1999 in London, England.

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 16 years old
    Approximate Height and Weight: 5'6"
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Black hair; brown eyes. He has a physical disability and learning difficulties.
    Other: He is called Kenny Ohia. It is thought Kenny is Nigerian and understands Yoruba.

Case History
    On September 8, 1999, a man with a young boy entered an office belonging to Southwark Social Services in East Dulwich, a section of London. The man claimed to be the uncle of the young boy. He also claimed that the boy's name was Kenny Ohia and that he and his partner were caring for him while Kenny's mother was away in America. The man said he needed something he left in his car but never returned.
    The next day a woman came to the office and dropped off a note detailing Kenny's taste in food and medication. The note said he was a "good boy". The woman left before any of the social workers had a chance to speak to her.
    Kenny talks of family and of Nigeria's capital, Lagos. Kenny loves games and music.
    As of February 6, 2001, Southwark was still unable to trace Kenny's parents. He is currently being looked after by foster parents.

Investigators
    If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
    Child Protection Team
    Camberwell Police Station
    020-7701-1212

Source Information: National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
    This is Local London
    Adoption Net UK
    Many Nigerian people were relocated to various parts of the world. I.E. UK, Canada and the US. It might be possible to contact an organization who would know or remember him. Oprah did a show on one guy who was attending the University of NC and 72 other Nigerians were there with him. They were called "The Lost Boys". The consulate might be able to come up with some information there in the UK.

I looked at info on the city Lagos Nigeria since he remembers something about that city.

I found the Govenor is a Humaintarian of sorts

here is a recent article about how he spent his birthday with less privaledged.
    In his words: “I have continued to connect with my roots. I am here today because I am lucky. I also had an opportunity. When you look at the abandoned children who need rehabilitation, they had no care. I am here because I had care and attention. People dedicated time to me. I will rather do these than celebrating”.

Governor Fashola commended the efforts of Mrs Laja Adedoyin, the proprietor of Heart of Gold Children Hospice, Surulere in taking care of challenged children without any form of backing by the state.

Governor Fashola said: “Madam, you are the real hero, because you are not appointed or elected but has chosen to do this selfless service .Many people will simply walk away from them but you have chosen to pick and mentor them individually”.

The Proprietor of the Heart of Gold Hospice, Mrs. Adelaja identified the melting pot nature of Lagos as being largely responsible for the high incidence of child abandonment in the state.

She identified the periods of April to October every year as the most prevalent period of children being abandoned.

http://www.mynaijanews.com/content/view/1642/

maybe it would be worth a try to contact this lady that runs this home for challenged children

Updated Doe link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-uk/238umuk.html

Did find this:
    Kenny Ohia 21

Where London

When 8 Sept 1999
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ed-423023.html
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by not_my_kids View Post
    Updated Doe link: http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-uk/238umuk.html

Did find this:
    Kenny Ohia 21

Where London

When 8 Sept 1999
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ed-423023.html
    Pretty good catch. I read the whole article and then got to the end where it lists the missing. Same date. Same name. DoeNet lists him at est. 16. The article says 21. Still worth it to call in!

I still cannot believe that this has yet to be solved

Quote Originally Posted by q64ceo View Post
    I still cannot believe that this has yet to be solved
    Nothing surprises me any more. You going to call it in? Keep us updated!

Quote Originally Posted by Nixster13 View Post
    Pretty good catch. I read the whole article and then got to the end where it lists the missing. Same date. Same name. DoeNet lists him at est. 16. The article says 21. Still worth it to call in!
    From the circumstances, it looks like he was abandoned by his family, so I doubt that they would report him missing.

I suspect that the authorities erroneously put him on the MP list.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    From the circumstances, it looks like he was abandoned by his family, so I doubt that they would report him missing.

I suspect that the authorities erroneously put him on the MP list.
    And you may be right. But consider this. Mom was taking care of him and got sick. Relatives (uncles aunts etc) had their hands full. Dropped him off. Mom got better and wanted him back? Or maybe its just to reach out and identify his family and find out who he really is? Is there a way to contact someone to get more info? Is he really missing or just needs his identity back?

Quote Originally Posted by Nixster13 View Post
    And you may be right. But consider this. Mom was taking care of him and got sick. Relatives (uncles aunts etc) had their hands full. Dropped him off. Mom got better and wanted him back? Or maybe its just to reach out and identify his family and find out who he really is? Is there a way to contact someone to get more info? Is he really missing or just needs his identity back?
    It wouldn't hurt to contact either the number in the DoeNet casefile, or the number mentioned in the article.

I don't see an e-mail address anywhere, so it would have to be an international call for those of us who reside in the U.S.

Following links on DoeNet I found another article on Kenny. Lists a UK number, no email. But I'm thinking emailing that newspaper could be a thought?

http://www.thisislocallondon.co.uk/a...ned_in_office/

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast