Status
Not open for further replies.

colomom

Inactive
Reaction score
Expresso, 16:16, 16 July 2008

'Caso Madie'

Attorney General announces "solution" on Monday

The PGR will present "a solution" for the "Maddie Case" on Monday, announced the prosecutor, Pinto Monteiro.

In statements to the press ... the PGR announced that he will announce an update about the Maddie Case on Monday.

"That is, the Maddie Case will have a solution on Monday which we will communicate to you," according to Pinto Monteiro.

the same from Lusa:

http://noticias.sapo.pt/lusa/artigo/4b12d7a53986c3ecd80b95.html

Madeleine: Republic’s Attorney General Office will release “a solution” for the case on Monday

16 de Julho de 2008, 16:10

Lisboa, 16 Jul (Lusa) – The Republic’s Attorney General Office will present “a solution” for the “Maddie case” on Monday, the Attorney General, Pinto Monteiro, announced today.

During statements to journalists upon exiting the inauguration ceremony of the president of the Appeals Court of Lisbon, Vaz das Neves, the Republic’s Attorney General announced that his Office will release a press note about the “Maddie case” on Monday.

“This means that the ‘Maddie case’ will have a solution on Monday which will be communicated to you”, Pinto Monteiro said.

When questioned by the journalists about what solution will be announced concerning the “Maddie case”, the Attorney General refused to anticipate an answer, merely saying that it will be “the one that will be read out to you”.

http://edition.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/16/mccann.portugal.ap/

Madeleine McCann charge decision imminent

LISBON, Portugal (AP) -- Portugal's attorney-general says he will announce next week whether he plans to bring charges in the disappearance of British child Madeleine McCann.

Attorney-General Fernando Pinto Monteiro could also order the case closed or request that police continue investigating the girl's May 2007 disappearance in Portugal's southern Algarve region.

Pinto Monteiro told reporters on the sidelines of an official ceremony Wednesday that "the 'Maddie Case' will have a solution on Monday, and you will be informed of it." He did not elaborate.

Prosecutors have been reviewing the final investigation report on the girl's disappearance, just days before her 4th birthday. The attorney-general said he would make his decision early next week based on their recommendations.

Ahhhhh the anticipation. I have been obessed with websleuths the last couple of days. Maybe I'll take a break until Monday. Be good for my sensibilities!

Salem

Colomom,

Thanks for the alert. I don't post in Maddie's forum anymore but I read it. Keep up the great work.

I hear ya Salem.....

I would love to "turn it off", believe me I have tried.

I think we will hear nada except a ton of speculation (already about the word "solution") but not much substance until maybe Sunday. Sunday, July 20th (big day in colomom's history let me tell ya) could be an interesting day.

I just can't see how the PJ can let them "walk" on the neglect/abandonment charges at the very least.

YW, LL&S ::blowkiss:

If they are charged I will buy drinks for every single one of you....seriously.

Well look at me, I'm back already and it's only been 30 minutes :)

The stories this week and last have been atrocious (sp?). So awful. I really do need to take a break until something happens here, but I can not close my web browser!! Ugggggggh

Salem

I just wonder if the parents will even be charged with anything since this announcement of a solution coming up days in advance. You'd think they wouldn't want them to flee if they are to be charged with anything.

Well, that gives me SOME reason to get up on Monday.

Anything definitive would be a step forward.

The 'worst case' scenario for McCann-sceptics on Monday (or whenever a significant announcement comes to be made) will be that there is 'insufficient evidence' to charge either of the McCanns with any offence.

That would be a severe disappointment for those of us who long to know the truth about Madeleine's 'disappearance' and want - indeed, we cry out for - justice for her.

BUT, first, if there is 'insufficient evidence' now, that will not amount by any means to the McCanns being 'cleared'. This is still, let's say, an 'unexplained disappearance', and there are a variety of ways that new evidence may emerge in the future - forensics, witnesses, or one of the 'Tapas 9' breaking ranks, or I should say, breaking their self-imposed 'Pact of Silence' to hide the truth.

Plus there is the question of whether a missing person's inquest should be held. A body is not necessary for an inqeust, within British law or in Portuguese law.

An inquest would IMO be the best method of getting close to the truth, if the Portuguese police decided at this stage that they cannot press criminal charges

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Solution??? odd choice of words. I'm not getting my hopes up about anything because I don't think it will be anything worth getting my hopes up for.

Solution??? odd choice of words. I'm not getting my hopes up about anything because I don't think it will be anything worth getting my hopes up for.

I too think the same as you Poco.

Tony Bennett also mentioned that the news could be insuffient evidence to charge the McCanns, if that is the case I don't think any of the tapas 9 will come forward any information they may know, or that anyone will break. They will all think they are in the clear imo and therefore unless the LE come up with new evidence I dont think we will ever know the truth about Madelaines disappearance. I hate that I think this way but I do not think the news we hear on Monday is going to make any difference to the status of this case.

I am not anticipating that charges will be announced on Monday! Sadly I think they just may have got away with this & we will never know the truth! I hope I am wrong!

All I keep thinking of is what Gerry Spence said when the Grand Jury declined to indict the Ramseys: "So, they are going to get away with it..."

Why in God's Name do they have to wait until Monday if they already know what they are going to say? :bang:

All this pomp and circumstance over every decision in this case makes me wonder how Portugal functions as a country. (Sorry - I've had it with this case to the point that I almost didn't come here today.)

Britain's 'Sun' newspaper, whose zeal for the truth is usually buried beneath 'how can we sell more papers?', carries the headline tomorrow:

'McCanns cleared'.

But I think the best they can hope for is 'case archived'.

Which is most definitely not 'cleared'

Published: 18 Jul 2008

FOR all the ineptitude of the Portuguese police “hunting” Madeleine McCann, their most shameful act was the persecution of the little girl’s parents.

A mum and dad are obvious targets for initial suspicion when a child goes missing. But in this case there was not one shred of evidence.

All the vicious leaks about DNA traces and alibis that didn’t add up were nonsense.

The police had tunnel vision. They simply did not believe a child could be kidnapped on their patch and made Kate and Gerry “arguidos” because they had nothing else.

So, on top of the pain, longing and guilt they already endured, the McCanns had to live with the black mark of suspicion too.

The lifting of their suspect status after ten months will be a merciful end to this particular chapter.

But for them — if not for Portugal’s witless detectives — the story goes on.

UNQUOTE

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Mccaans will not be charged with anything . I have watched this case from the beginning and I never thought that they were involved in her death

The press in portugal and in the UK have been shocking .....mainly just making up whatever they wished - sadly it soon became forum facts and hence we all discussed it day in day out not just here but in forums all across the internet

Whatever happened to all the facts like the barn , the blood spray , the post mortem DNA , I even think that the two dogs were so hyped up that they turned into almost super dogs who could sort out the case alone

I think that the Portugese PJ have a lot that can be handed at their door - archaic secrecy laws in this modern age - they let this case drift in the wind and we had the crazy situation where the major suspects were all winning million dollar libel cases a year after - just mad

Sadly I dont know what happened to Maddy - I think she was probably taken - either in her room or outside . I dont think that her parents or the rest of the tapas had anththing to do with her death

I know that this view is not popular here - one of the reasons I stopped posting back in Feb it just got to much ya boo without any way to back up arguments

I hope that this forum will respect the results of the Portugese legal system - whatever it says . I will

The Mccaans will not be charged with anything . I have watched this case frim the beginning and I never thought that they were involved in her death

The press in portugal and in the UK have been shocking .....mainly just making up whatever they wished - sadly it soon became forum facts and hence we all discussed it day in day out not just here but in forums all across the internet

Whatever happened to all the facts like the barn , the blood spray , the post mortem DNA , I even think that the two dogs were so hyped up that they turned into almost super dogs who could sort out the case alone

I think that the Portugese PJ have a lot that can be handed at there door - archaic secrecy laws in this modern age - they let this case drift in the wind and we had the crazy situation where the major suspects where all winning million dollar libel cases a year after - just mad

Sadly I dont know what happened to Maddy - I think she was probably taken - either in her room or outside . I dont think that her parents or the rest of the tapas had anththing to do with her death

I know that this view is not popular here - one of the reasons I stopped posting back in Feb it just got to much ya boo without any way to back up arguments

I hope that this forum will respect the results of the Portugese legal system - whatever it says . I will

Great post gord and I totally agree with every word.Maybe years down the line the McCanns will be cleared like the Ramseys have been.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member