1246 users online (231 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I don't know if any of you saw my post that I too have a 17 year old daughter and was crushed to think that all the good things in her life (starting senior class, interview at Banana Republic) won't be happening with Tawni and her mom. That makes me so sad. Well, I wanted to share that my daughter just got the phone call that she was hired. She starts orientation tonight and then begins this weekend. After all that's happened today, I can't wait to see her and give her a huge hug and kiss and never let go!

Congratulations to your dd on the new job. I hugged my little guy extra hard today too. He's almost 6 and starting KG next week. He has his official seeing the class and meeting the teacher and kids a day before school starts next week, but we had to drop off some paperwork yesterday and the office secretary let us see his class room. What's really cool is it is the same class room I had for 1st grade. I got his uniforms yesterday too.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I remember the days when my daughter was in KG. Makes me tear up thinking that this time next year she will be out of my house. I wsish she could stay with me forever.

How cool is that that you and your little guy have have the same classroom! Hugs to your little guy starting KG!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy's mom View Post
    I remember the days when my daughter was in KG. Makes me tear up thinking that this time next year she will be out of my house. I wsish she could stay with me forever.

How cool is that that you and your little guy have have the same classroom! Hugs to your little guy starting KG!!!
    Hopefully out for college and new adventures but home for summer and breaks..

He's still at that age.. Sometimes he asks for kisses, sometimes he is too big for them. He still tells me he wants to live with me forever.... I told him he'll probably change his mind when he grows up.

We've had a rough few weeks. He spent 5 days on vacation with his grandfather and while he was gone I got ill. He ended up staying most of 3 weeks with family while I was ill. then new school starting and a new baby cousin... He's been a little more clingy than usual with the combiation of events and asked me to go "noo noo"- our pet word for sleep, and sing him the noo noo song- something we sang to him since infancy. We both fell asleep in his twin bed a week ago. was nice. I miss when he was so little he'd climb into my bed often.

He's doing well now... and being a big help! he has his new school do' too. No more longer Zach and Coty hair.. has the short crew cut spiky thing now. Looks adorable! I think he has his first "Crush" too. He likes Hannah Montana but doesn't want to admit it to anyone else, including his dad, because he is afraid people will laugh that he "likes" a girl. even like in a friend way. I assured him his dad likes girls too, lol. I'm especially glad he trusts sharing that with me. Hope it stays that way.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

That is so cute! Cherish these years with him. It goes by so fast.

My daughetr and I kind of "grew up" together. It was just me and her up until two years ago. We are so incredibly close that it kills me to think of her being away. I definitely cherich every moment with her!

Just us two here too. His dad bolted once I found out I was expecting.. didn't come around until about 2 years ago... and while they see each other they aren't especially close.

cherish the times with your dd. I'm sure the changes may be a little hard, but so many wonderful opportunities and just different ways of closeness will occur.

Just as we get older, we will always be "kids" to our parents, the same goes with the kids. While we become parents and adults, they are still our "parents".
    ~JMO~

Oh, you guys make me feel so old! My son and I sorta grew up together too. He is 24 now, but his dad and I divorced when he was 10. I had really never been alone in my life until then and when the ex left, it was just my son and I. No family and really no friends either. I have so many happy memories of that time. It was hard financially but I was proud of myself for everything that I did on my own and I enjoyed being with my son. He is now a truck driver and lives with his girlfriend across town. He is gone for weeks at a time so its always good when he comes over. I do miss the "good old days" though.

I'm old.... an older 1st time mom. I was 36 when I had him.. I could easily have a child starting college or already be a grandparent.

At least he is close.... and you can see him often.
    ~JMO~

I also have a daughter that is 17 Junior in high school I can't believe she will be a senior next year omg where did the time go???? I cant imagine what Tawni's mom Deborah must be going through.....Im soooo soooo sorry for your loss I truly am.....

Hi everyone! This is my first post in the Kitchen Sink! I just wanted to say how wonderful it has been to work with such a great group of people! You guys are some of the best sleuthers around and I'm honored to have worked on this case with you all!

I'm a relatively younger mom. I got pregnant at 19 and had my DD when I was 20, so I know what you mean, Lucy's mom, when you say you and your daughter "grew up" together.

I'm 27 now, and she's a beautiful, intelligent 7.5 year old. She just had her first day of school today! I can't wait to give her the biggest bear hug on the face of the planet when I pick her up from my mom's house tonight!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Without continual growth and progress, such words as improvement, achievement, and success have no meaning." ~ Benjamin Franklin

Aww... I hope she liked her first day of school Dee.

Lol about the White Sox comment, I noticed the Twins were catching up with them but haven't checked the standings since last week.

I'm trading a Cubs ws for more cold cases to be solved...

We'll be at the game Sunday! I can't wait. The only one we'll get to this year... unless their are playoffs.. and then we'll see.
    ~JMO~

Quote Originally Posted by dee10134 View Post
    I'm 27 now, and she's a beautiful, intelligent 7.5 year old. She just had her first day of school today! I can't wait to give her the biggest bear hug on the face of the planet when I pick her up from my mom's house tonight!
    Hi Dee! Squeeeze the heck out of her okay...and tell her to stop growing!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    I'm old.... an older 1st time mom. I was 36 when I had him.. I could easily have a child starting college or already be a grandparent.

At least he is close.... and you can see him often.
    Yes, I'm very lucky. I need to call him soon. He just came home today from being on the road, so I'll get to see him tomorrow or this weekend. Everyone, grab your kids and squeeze them tight!

I would like to thank everybody for working on this case. We all had our own thoughts and ideas about many different things concerning Tawni. We didn't always agree but were capable of allowing each other to have his or her own opinions. I am very happy but also sad to see who she was before this tragic event. She was a beautiful girl and I am sure she was also a beautiful person. God Bless All of Us! We did make a difference. ~~~~R.I.P. Tawni~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Teresa Larson View Post
    I would like to thank everybody for working on this case. We all had our own thoughts and ideas about many different things concerning Tawni. We didn't always agree but were capable of allowing each other to have his or her own opinions. I am very happy but also sad to see who she was before this tragic event. She was a beautiful girl and I am sure she was also a beautiful person. God Bless All of Us! We did make a difference. ~~~~R.I.P. Tawni~~~~

We did TL... and ooh were there some nights I had to step back, take a breath and think before hitting send. Even with those moments we all did work incredibly well together and everyone's thoughts and opinions were respected. It has been an honor working with everyone here.

On that note, where are Zanko and Fairy? neither of them have logged in yet today!
    ~JMO~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast