Bali Bombers set to DIE by firing squad!!

miss_vegemite

Reaction score
Thank God, about time:clap:

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24033660-661,00.html
The firing squad execution of the Bali bombers is imminent, families of the victims have been told.
The Herald Sun has learned the Australian Federal Police were expecting the trio of Bali bombers to be executed over the weekend but the firing squad was stood down at the last minute.
David "Spike" Stewart, whose son Anthony was killed in the 2002 blasts, said a senior AFP officer rang him last Friday to tell him the executions were expected to go ahead over the weekend.
Mr Stewart now expects Amrozi, Sumudra and Ghufron -also known as Mukhlas - to be shot either today or in coming days after all avenues of appeal were exhuasted.
"We were so happy when we were told, now we juest have to wait and when the AFP rings us up and says it has happened that will be great," Mr Stewart said.
"I just don't want them getting out and doing it again, I know they are crazy enough."
The October 12, 2002 blasts in the Sari Club and Paddy's Bar killed 202 people, including 88 Australians.
John Croxford, whose wife Donna died in the Sari club blast, said a female officer from the AFP told him on Sunday night to expect to hear confirmation the bomber had been executed within days.
"I was told all avenues for appeal had been exhausted and so the next stage was to take them out to a paddock," Mr Croxford said.
"She basically said it might happen any day but definitely within the next fortnight."
Like family members of other victims, Mr Croxford said the drawn-out appeals process had taken its toll on relatives and the executions would bring some sense of justice.
"I just feel very glad ... I think it's going to be beautiful when they reach the place they are going and find out they are not being met by 1000 virgins."
Mr Croxford said the executions would not bring loved ones back but would provide some people with peace of mind.
He said he felt for the families of the bombers but the killers had chosen their own destiny.
"I can relate to how their kids and loved ones will feel because I am in the same position."
The three bombers remain unrepentant over the attacks and are on death row in an island prison, known as Indonesia's Alcatraz, off Java.
Mukhlas, who masterminded the attack, has previously said the trio were ready to die as martyrs, and the fight would be carried on by thousands of other radical Muslims.
Executions in Indonesia are carried out at dawn by a 10-man firing squad, ususually paramilitary police.
The executions usually take place at undisclosed beach or forest locations and although no official date is given before an execution, news an execution has been carried out normally filters back from the prison or through Indonesian justice officials.

I don't agree with the death penalty in any case but I think it is an exceptionally bad idea in this case. This will make them martyrs to their fellow zealots and there is nothing more inspiring than a martyr.

Their fellow zealots will be zealots no matter whether these people are alive or dead. Alive, they can be an inspiration too - and a possible target for escape attempts, breakouts, etc. I don't agree with the death penalty in some cases - due to human error - but this one seems clear-cut.

Good riddance
Pity the same thing did not happen to the monkey man spiritual leader of Jamail Islamiah.
I have no sympathy for these creeps but i do fear they will become martyrs to the cause. That is m,y only reservation with killing them..

I think it will be a welcome relief to the families of those who were killed, for serious crimes I agree with the death penalty and I consider this crime an intentional massacre, tie a bomb to the bombers and watch it go bang.

I think it will be a welcome relief to the families of those who were killed, for serious crimes I agree with the death penalty and I consider this crime an intentional massacre, tie a bomb to the bombers and watch it go bang.
Why didnt I think of that.... its much more poetic than the firing squad.

Why didnt I think of that.... its much more poetic than the firing squad.
The firing squad is to quick and pain free, these guys should suffer just like their victims, they knew the havoc their deeds would cause, let them feel the pain. Just my opinion of course. Have no sympathy whatsoever to anyone who intentionally takes another humans life.

Saw this in the news again, today (Friday). Heard Kevin Rudd saying he would not intervene on their behalf. Execution will be anyday now.

Saw this in the news again, today (Friday). Heard Kevin Rudd saying he would not intervene on their behalf. Execution will be anyday now.

Hi MoonFlwr, Kevin Rudd has nothing to do with the bali bombers, they are balinese so our prime minister cannot do anything for them, I think you may have them confused with the Bali 9, who are the Aussies who were caught for being drug mules smuggling drugs into Bali.

Hi Shazza :)

It was on the late news and I only followed the captions...sound wasn't on. It was definitely Rudd commenting about us "not being in the business of assisting terrorists".

I thought it odd, too, that he would have anything to say about intervening on their behalf!

Hi Shazza :)

It was on the late news and I only followed the captions...sound wasn't on. It was definitely Rudd commenting about us "not being in the business of assisting terrorists".

I thought it odd, too, that he would have anything to say about intervening on their behalf!

I havent seen anything on our telly about this, but there was a lot of Aussies who were killed and injured in those bombing, what Kevin Rudd said is probably related but he definitely would not be supporting the Bali bombers in anyway.

Yes, they had the total number of Australians killed on the screen: 88.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back