1485 users online (366 members and 1119 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

OH - Toledo Forced Teen Prostitution

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs...WS02/803200356

Did anyone else see this on Primetime? I'm shocked at the inaction of the Toledo police dept and the short Federal sentences for child trafficking....only 8 years for the pimp? And 1.5 hour wait for the police to arrive when the family had located one of the girls?

Can anyone explain this?

I watched it.
    It blew me away. Why are children being so neglected and abused in our country?

I watched it and was disgusted that the PD took so long to send officers.

I saw this too.

I think it is amazing that we live in a country where 460 children can be taken away because there might be abuse of teen aged girls and yet in mainstream society we tolerate so much more of the same thing.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

I was "FLOORED", ASTOUNDED, could not believe that the parents found their daughter who was kidnapped and forced into white slavery, beaten, abused and when the parents found her, the cops were "well we are backed up right now.

Really, do you think that your priorities might just be a bit screwed up. During the 1.5 hours, the child could have been murdered, raped, beaten, tortured and the cops were like "we will send someone, someday.

I was DISGUSTED. The Father was beaten and should sue BIG TIME the city for his injuries, pain, suffering, lost pay and medical bills.

Sorry, but this just ticked me off to NO END

Seriously........it is bad enough that children are subjected to his, taken off the street, from their homes, friends, school and loved ones and then forced to have sex with strange men in strange places, but when the parents can rescue them, they are basically on their own.

I am not a violent person, but if this happened to my child, all bets are off. Cyberlaw would not be able to post on any website for about 25 years or when I received Parole what ever came first.

I watched it also and was disgusted with the police inaction, really makes me wonder just who all is involved with this in toledo.
    The trucker who spotted the young girls working the truckstop is a hero, he did the right thing by making a phone call, good thing that didn't happen in Toledo or the police would have never made it out there to check it out.

VB

I remember when kidnapping would get you a life sentence. Am I correct in this assertion or am I remembering incorrectly? This animal got off light. Some people convicted of victimless crimes like mere drug possession get much harsher treatment. I couldn't believe what I was watching last either. Did you hear the 911 operator's response when the girl's mother said "come quickly! The operator sounded all pissed off and asked indignantly 'what did you say?!"

It looks like he wasn't charged with kidnapping, only trafficking?

Can someone please explain more about the rescue. It isn't in the article and I didn't see the show. I'm having a hard time understanding/believing the snippets above. I gather that a family member located one of the girls, called the police, the dispatcher was rude, police took 1 1/2 hours to arrive, meanwhile the father got beaten (trying to rescue the girls?). How did the family find the girls? Where? It is really amazing they were found!

Quote Originally Posted by twinkiesmom View Post
    It looks like he wasn't charged with kidnapping, only trafficking?
    I'm sure there will be more charges to come...or have been more charges that he is being tried for. Those are simply the ones he pled guilty to (I hope). He should be charged with kidnapping, an accessory to sexual assult as he had the girls "trained" for the sex trade. I'm sure there are tons of charges they can pile on. I sure hope there are more charges against him and that he isn't getting off this easy.

I hope there are more charges! 8 years for kidnapping, trafficking and forced prostitution is nothing. The guy could do that standing on his head! What a POS

Salem

Payers to those girls and their family.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post
    Can someone please explain more about the rescue. It isn't in the article and I didn't see the show. I'm having a hard time understanding/believing the snippets above. I gather that a family member located one of the girls, called the police, the dispatcher was rude, police took 1 1/2 hours to arrive, meanwhile the father got beaten (trying to rescue the girls?). How did the family find the girls? Where? It is really amazing they were found!
    I was watching a couple of shows at the same time and didn't catch all the details, but one of the girls was somehow spotted by law enforcement. She was taken to a hospital and her family picked her up. LE got word that the guy who took the girls had headed back home.

The rescued girl remembered the that the house she was held in was the only brick house on the street. Her family drove her around and they found the house. The guy's car was out front. They called 911 and told the dispatcher that they had located a kidnapped girl. They sat in the car waiting. 40 minutes later, they called again and were told the system was backed up. Some time after that, the dad got a tire iron out of the trunk and went to the front door, as the aunt (I think) made a third, and frantic, call to 911.

I couldn't believe the lack of concern and response either. I'd like to know what kind of calls would take priority over this one and keep the entire police force backed up for so long.

The girls were at a TA truck stop up near Chicago iirc being forced to work as prostitutes there, they were driven up there by a truckdriver who was being paid by getting to have services from 1 of the girls. A decent truck driver saw these young girls going to the trucks and he did the right thing, he called 911 to report it!!! That got the police out there and they found 1 but the other was gotten away by the pimp who had his own car, the 1 girl was then able to get reunited with her mother and she knew the name of the street where the pimp had been holding them in Toledo, that is how they were able to find the house.

VB

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowsAndGumdrops View Post
    The girls were kidnapped together but were "working" separate truck cabs at the truckstop. Only one was rescued at that time, the other was taken by the pimp back to the house in Toledo. The older girl who was rescued remembered the street name where she was held, and the mom and uncle (father of the other victim) were driving around looking for the house with the rescued victim...When they located the house, they called 911. No police response....The family waited outside for quite a while, then the uncle (father) got a crowbar out of his car and broke into the house. His daughter was being held on the second floor, and they threw her out the window...Still no cops on scene...meanwhile the pimp and adult female accomplices are beating the living crap out of the two adult rescuers. The neighbors call police to report the bloody attack...I think the ambulance still beat the cops on getting to the scene...Total wait time 1.5 hours.

I only caught the last 15 or 20 minutes of the show.... thanks for filling in the details.

I swear this country is going to hell in a handbasket.

8 years for kidnapping AND white slavery of CHILDREN?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast