Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found towards the bottom of the page.

((NancyFriend)) My heart goes out to you, her friends, and her family.

Sadly, I think the reason we can figure out this case/Brad is that we've seen this too many times before. :(

Nancy's friend...you're all in our thoughts and prayers. Anything you need, just give a holler.

Don't know how to do a link but I just saw over on Foxnews that Nancy's family had the girls in their custody last night and they are doing well.

(NancysFriend) Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

It got awfully quiet in here all of a sudden! Wonder what happened :shocked2:

In thread #4 this morning, someone asked me a question about BC's property and if a change was made on a given date? I was trying to catch up here and now, I tried, but my computer is so slow today, and I gave up hunting back for the question. I think the answer to your question is 'no'. You can look yourself, google 'wade county' then click real estate I think. Search last name first, first name last. You'll get whatever info is with the county on real estate. Let me know if you have any other questions?

Nancyfriend I am so sorry you and the rest of your friends have lost such a special person. My condolenses to you.

It got awfully quiet in here all of a sudden! Wonder what happened :shocked2:
I just had to take my boys swimming in the yard for a while, it was killing me too, the whole time I was thinking oh no I bet I am going to miss something lol.:crazy:

I just had to take my boys swimming in the yard for a while, it was killing me too, the whole time I was thinking oh no I bet I am going to miss something lol.:crazy:

Oh noooo, you are officially a WS True Crime Addict as of today! :eek: Welcome to the club. :grouphug:

Hello,
It has been a very long time since I posted here but this case has brought me back. This tragedy happened so close to me and I have a very good friend who knew Nancy, she was actually a very close friend of another one of our mutual friends who no longer lives in Cary and my friend had been to many social events with her friend and Nancy in the past and said she was a very sweet, very smart woman.

I live in Greensboro, NC, just a little less than 2 hours from Cary/Raleigh area. I have 2 close friends that live in Cary neighborhoods that look identical to the one where this happened that I have emailed to see if they knew her or what they know being in that community. It is tragic, just devastating for these 2 baby girls and that whole family.

From the little I know from my friend, everything that's been printed is dead on. The friend told my friend there were problems in the marriage, and rumors of adultry. That's all I know.

I have always been interested in cases like this and followed the Laci Peterson case (when I posted regulary) closely. I always said my interest in these cases stemmed from the notion that it could easily be someone I know or a friend that this sort of thing happened to...now this time, it almost was. By six degrees of separation at least. And to my friend, it really did happen to someone she knew. It's just hitting way too close to home this time.

And I have not read every single posting but I saw some people posting about the murders from Fort Bragg and this...the two towns are really not that close and I don't believe they're related at all. To me, this again sounds like another case of a husband killing the wife and using the "jogging" story to make it sound like a random killing. But that is just my gut feeling.

Anyway, I am glad to be back on here and will post if my Cary friends know anymore info.

After watching a bit on the press conference this morning where a journalist asked the question "What would you say to the killer of Nancy?" and her father said that it was an extreme act of cowardice to take away a family member and mother and to own up to the crime.

What I thought was telling is he didn't say "and wife". Am I reading too much into this?

You need to get wireless so you can sit outside with your kids and check the website! LOL

Hello,
It has been a very long time since I posted here but this case has brought me back. This tragedy happened so close to me and I have a very good friend who knew Nancy, she was actually a very close friend of another one of our mutual friends who no longer lives in Cary and my friend had been to many social events with her friend and Nancy in the past and said she was a very sweet, very smart woman.

I live in Greensboro, NC, just a little less than 2 hours from Cary/Raleigh area. I have 2 close friends that live in Cary neighborhoods that look identical to the one where this happened that I have emailed to see if they knew her or what they know being in that community. It is tragic, just devastating for these 2 baby girls and that whole family.

From the little I know from my friend, everything that's been printed is dead on. The friend told my friend there were problems in the marriage, and rumors of adultry. That's all I know.

I have always been interested in cases like this and followed the Laci Peterson case (when I posted regulary) closely. I always said my interest in these cases stemmed from the notion that it could easily be someone I know or a friend that this sort of thing happened to...now this time, it almost was. By six degrees of separation at least. And to my friend, it really did happen to someone she knew. It's just hitting way too close to home this time.

And I have not read every single posting but I saw some people posting about the murders from Fort Bragg and this...the two towns are really not that close and I don't believe they're related at all. To me, this again sounds like another case of a husband killing the wife and using the "jogging" story to make it sound like a random killing. But that is just my gut feeling.

Anyway, I am glad to be back on here and will post if my Cary friends know anymore info.
welcome back tigerlilly it is great to have you back:blowkiss:

You need to get wireless so you can sit outside with your kids and check the website! LOL

Lol that you said that I have been buggin my husband to buy me one. I will break him down one of these days.:crazy:

I'm way behind and trying to catch up. The custody information surprised me but it has to be a comfort knowing the children are safe - and will stay safe. If Brad turns out to be innocent things can be worked out, but in the meantime those babies need to be with their Auntie and Grandparents...

Now, what's bothering me is that shovel that was briefly mentioned (somewhere in one of yesterday's threads)... Has anything else been said about it and was it confirmed that Brad did turn it over to investigators?? Nightmares of Nancy walking into a dark house after the party made it very hard for me to sleep last night. And while I had been more inclined to think that if anything happened it was during the heat of an argument, I'm having a hard time shaking that mental image...

Once again I want to express my heartfelt sympathy to Nancy's loved ones...

I copied this from thread 4 as in a blink (heh heh no relation) the other thread closed and I wanted to acknowledge.

From Nancy friend:

Yes, I've been here off and on. The new information and posts on this site come so quickly I have not been able to keep up with all the posts.

Nancy's friends have been keeping busy. We had several therapists & counselors volunteer to talk about discussing Nancy's murder with our kids. My wife and I did that last night. It went well and I'm very grateful for the advice I received here and from the professional therapists. We are also trying to plan remembrance events for Nancy, and a fund to collect donations for Nancy's kids. For anyone interested in that, I'll be sure to post that info when it becomes available.

With the custody hearings, a lot of the awful details are starting to come out. The details border on unbelievable, and it still has not sunken in that "this" really happened.

I'd also like to mention that I appreciate the civility of this forum, and I'm truly amazed at how accurate many of the posters are (especially Blink34, fran, and seriouslysearching).

Blink's response:
Bless you and your family for supporting Nancy and her children. I want you to know it really does matter, really makes a difference in their healing and that of your community. I'm glad you and those closest to her circle are here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker