Black and white twins: Brothers from the same mother

wildTrose

Reaction score
http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/17/1205061.aspx?GT1=43001

Some things aren’t always black and white. Then again, sometimes they are – like the twin sons born July 11 to a German couple.
The first baby that was born, Ryan, has light skin and blue eyes. His brother, Leo, is dark-skinned with brown eyes.
"None of us could believe it," the maternity ward's head doctor, Birgit Weber, told one news source. "Both kids have definitely the same father."

That's incredible! I've never heard of this happening before. Looking at those other links in the article, I would have never guessed there were so many other sets of twins like this!

I HAVE heard of this happening, though once in a blue moon...I wish this lady and her family ALL the luck...

This happened a few years ago.
Obviously she isn't married.....

This happened a few years ago.
Obviously she isn't married.....

Obvious?

From the link supplied:
Stephan Gerth is German and white. His wife, Florence Addo-Gerth, is from Ghana and has dark skin.

http://bodyodd.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2008/07/17/1205061.aspx?GT1=43001

Some things aren’t always black and white. Then again, sometimes they are – like the twin sons born July 11 to a German couple.
The first baby that was born, Ryan, has light skin and blue eyes. His brother, Leo, is dark-skinned with brown eyes.
"None of us could believe it," the maternity ward's head doctor, Birgit Weber, told one news source. "Both kids have definitely the same father."

Ryan also has straight light brown hair and Leo has thick black curly hair.

Does anybody watch the Jefferson re-runs? The Willis' are an inter-racial couple and their son was basically white, like dad while Jenny the daughter has her moms features.
I think it's pretty cool that can happen.

It's all about the way the genes randomly assort themselves. We're not twins, but the sibs in my family came out half with mom's coloring and features and half with dad's. It's so noticable that people often didn't believe we were sibs.

We have friends who have fraternal twins and while not quite this extreme, the differences are night and day. The daughter takes entirely after the mother (pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes, petite stature) and the son takes completely after the dad (dark skin, dark hair, dark eyes, very hairy). You would never even guess they were related, let alone twins.

What's weird is that their non-twin son is a complete blend of both of them.

That's incredible! I've never heard of this happening before. Looking at those other links in the article, I would have never guessed there were so many other sets of twins like this!
something I noticed when looking at the others were that all of the twins were the same sex..either both male or both female.I just wonder if that somehow has something to do w it,seeing as how science is just now starting to understand that there are various kinds of twins,including semi-identical ones,and even identical ones consisting of one male and one female.
JAT that these types of twins may be semi-identical,with one twin getting all the darker genes,and the other getting all the lighter ones.(if that's possible!)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueSmurf1
Back