1054 users online (255 members and 799 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Leslie Puente, 11 months, Cicero, July 2008

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/cicero.....2.773138.html

CICERO, Ill. (CBS) ― Cicero police are searching for an 11-month-old girl and her father, who is considered a "person of interest" in connection with the murder of the girl's mother.

As CBS 2's Joanie Lum reports, Yesenia Villalba-Honorato, 21, was found slain in her home at 5517 W. 18th Pl. in Cicero.

Cicero police are looking for Villalba-Honorato's boyfriend, Mario Puente, and their daughter, Leslie. Puente is a "person of interest" in connection with Villalba-Honorato's slaying, Cicero police said.

More @ link.......
    http://cbs2chicago.com/local/cicero.....2.773138.html

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    I hope that sweet baby is found soon.

*bumping*

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Have you heard any updates DK?

Quote Originally Posted by dottierainbow View Post
    Have you heard any updates DK?
    Nope, he's still on the loose.

Here is a sad article on the victim:

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1...MURD18.article

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Fugitive returned to U.S. to face murder charges

A Cicero man wanted in connection his wife’s murder last year was arrested by Cicero police Wednesday, after being extradited from Mexico, law enforcement officials announced Thursday.

Mario Puente, 30, formerly of the 5500 block of West 18th Place was wanted by the FBI and Cicero police following his wife’s death in July 2008, according to Chicago FBI officials. Yesenia Villalba-Honorato, 21, was found stabbed to death in a bathtub in the apartment she and Puente shared with their infant daughter, Leslie.

Cicero police immediately named Puente a person of interest in the death but were unable to locate him or his daughter. Police and the FBI worked to locate Puente in Mexico, where he had fled with his daughter.

After an international manhunt, Puente voluntarily turned himself into Mexican authorities in December. On Tuesday, he was extradited back to the U.S. and turned over to FBI officials in Houston. Cicero police took custody of Puente, who was charged with first degree murder Wednesday, according to Cicero officials.

Puente’s daughter, now 2, was unharmed. She remains in Mexico in the custody of the officials there.

http://www.mysuburbanlife.com/berwyn...murder-charges

I'm glad he was extradited and will face charges. Cicero is an awful city. Lots of gang activity. Wonder if he was a gang member? Not that it really matters but just a thought that crossed my mind.

Southside of Chicago...it's the baddest part of town
    Quote Originally Posted by Disguiseduser0308 View Post
    I'm glad he was extradited and will face charges. Cicero is an awful city. Lots of gang activity. Wonder if he was a gang member? Not that it really matters but just a thought that crossed my mind.
    With much respect, I think 'awful city' is just a touch harsh (imo). I work, on occasion, (I travel) at a location there, and I find the restaurant to be a lovely place...on a decent block...in a suburb with some crime issues. The employees are friendly, hardworking women (not one guy right now lol) and the guests tend to be lifetime residents (who still are obsessing over the Betty Lauren Maltese release)..I have thrown out a teen or two for smoking in the bathroom or just being a jerkyhead, but I do that in Oakbrook, too, and that is a very affluent area. I have seen tags (gang spray painting and such) and late at night, there is obviously a darker element to it, Cicero is definitely part of the Chicagoland area that has been infiltrated with gangs.....it is, imo only of course, just a lower income suburb. Still a suburb, though, with better schooling (given the price-comparative equivalent in the city limit) and low property taxes.

I would not move there, if financially capable to choose a more suitable location. Yet I respect those that do choose to, because so many are hardworking single Mom's hustling their butts at work to make ends meet...in a comparatively safer neighborhood.

Again, no offense whatsoever meant, just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by Simply Caustic; 09-15-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: clarify

Southside of Chicago...it's the baddest part of town
    Yesenia, you were only 21 and just a few weeks shy of seeing your baby turn 1. You did not deserve this, and I am sorry that I just now am finding out about it (and I consider myself an avid reader of all the Chicago publications).

I am sorry that your thread is so small and there were not more calls for your killer to be apprehended. I am MORE sorry for the lack of media attention, because had there been, your thread would have swelled! It's an unfortunate fact that there are simply too many threads to check everyday and if it is not in the news/being bumped with interested posters/so on and so forth...you creep back there in the older posts and, well, I am sorry.

I am elated that your baby is now 2 and safe in Mexico. While it was posted that the child is with authorities in Mexico, I do not know if that means the child stays there with the extended family, or will come back to Cicero. Either way, IMO and my HOPES at 11 months, baby was hopefully and God willing, unaware of the events at your apartment that tragic day.

I take solace in the thought (moo) that you are in a much better place, and watching out for your little daughter. I hope that justice is served swiftly, as he has had a year of freedom that he did not deserve.

I will be checking here for updates and posting them if I find them (but you guys are so good you ALWAYS find them first) and please, I hope no one thinks I was shaming other posters for lack of attention. I am only let down by the media..and me.

Quote Originally Posted by Simply Caustic View Post
    With much respect, I think 'awful city' is just a touch harsh (imo). I work, on occasion, (I travel) at a location there, and I find the restaurant to be a lovely place...on a decent block...in a suburb with some crime issues. The employees are friendly, hardworking women (not one guy right now lol) and the guests tend to be lifetime residents (who still are obsessing over the Betty Lauren Maltese release)..I have thrown out a teen or two for smoking in the bathroom or just being a jerkyhead, but I do that in Oakbrook, too, and that is a very affluent area. I have seen tags (gang spray painting and such) and late at night, there is obviously a darker element to it, Cicero is definitely part of the Chicagoland area that has been infiltrated with gangs.....it is, imo only of course, just a lower income suburb. Still a suburb, though, with better schooling (given the price-comparative equivalent in the city limit) and low property taxes.

I would not move there, if financially capable to choose a more suitable location. Yet I respect those that do choose to, because so many are hardworking single Mom's hustling their butts at work to make ends meet...in a comparatively safer neighborhood.

Again, no offense whatsoever meant, just my 2 cents.
    Oh no, none taken. I have in-laws that live out there. Many robbed and shot at numerous times. DH's cousin was just robbed about six months ago, right in front of his home. My opinion of Cicero comes out of worry for my in-laws and the gang activity they witness on a nearly daily basis. None of which are involved in any type of gang. These are all adults just trying to make it. They themselves say how horrible it is.

Cicero itself is not as large of a single mother city as it is a low income/illegal immigrant one. I mean no disrespect when I say that. It's just the way it is. There are many low income whole families there. Unfortunately, with low income we usually see rampant gang activity.