Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Links to previous and similar threads can be found towards the bottom of the page.

Welcome Newbies.

welcome_banner_flower_butterfly.jpg

Thanks, Christine :)

SuziQ, thanks for the other link, seeing as WRAL was having probs today!

Paraphrasing and Recapping as I am in a hurry:

Megyn Kelly interviewing Mark Furhman on the case:

POI is actually a "press term" and NOT an LE term, Le invented it when they started talking t the press about cases. I is a term that the public is aware of, can allay fears about a crime, and shows progress in an investigation, sometimes when not enough evidence to arrest to keep "POI" on alert.

There are only 3 options or classifications following the initial conversations with police as the case is opening ( in this case they corroberated with Brad she was indeed missing and also the initial concentual searches).
They are:
1. Victim
2. Witness
3. Suspect

In his opinion there is zero evidence pointing to anyone but the husband that he has seen. He felt nancy did the groundwork and is speaking from her grave, that if she had not, that the grandparents probably would not have the children in their care right now.

If the "Bleach" purchase is true and verified, she was killed at the home.
When asked why the LE is saying they are pleased with the progress of their investigation why they won't name a suspect, he said simply they have interviewed a SMALL group of friends, and he suspects they have a strong forensic case as well as other physical evidence.

There was no mention of partially clothed, COD, and they mentioned at the end the bleach coment has not been commented on by LE other than the no confirm or deny. ( I say READ WS!!!)

Can't stay, but thought I would mention the car seats were probably in the house due to the children being with the grandparents earlier. They probably returned the children with car seats in hand meaning they would be in the house. I don't find it is because he intentionally removed them.

Welcome to WS, Belimom!

I love it when Mark Furhman takes the time to agree with me. LOL Thanks for that update, Blink!

He felt nancy did the groundwork and is speaking from her grave, that if she had not, that the grandparents probably would not have the children in their care right now.

Interesting comment.

Thanks for taking the time Blink34:blowkiss:

Throwing this out there from last eve, I don't think alot saw it and it is bugging me-

On both NG and Greta, I heard that the kids passports were removed from Nancy's car and given to the grandparents. Does that change anyone else's opinion that this dude thought of EVERYTHING and maybe this was premeditated/planned?

If you recall, in the affidavit, NC says BC confiscated passports circa Feb/Mar now they are in her car "all along"? I would be interestd to know if LE ran across them when they initially did the concentual search or if they "appeared" after. If he is not in the clink on 7/25 expect that issue to surface at the custody hearing for sure.

Thanks for the info regarding Mark Fuhrman's interview, Blink! :)

POI is actually a "press term" and NOT an LE term, Le invented it when they started talking t the press about cases. I is a term that the public is aware of, can allay fears about a crime, and shows progress in an investigation, sometimes when not enough evidence to arrest to keep "POI" on alert

I did not know this, so thanks!

Not much time today...can someone quickly recap the 9am press conference, please?

Thanks so much -- I love this site!

The Press Conference had the Police Chief stating that the investigation is still underway - no POI or arrest yet. She stated she wouldn't be fielding questions, but that Nancy's family would talk to press about the children (she stated...no talk about Brad or investigation).

Nancy's family talked about the girls and which parts of their personality were the same as Nancy's.
They recalled funny and touching incidents from times spent together and mentioned that they will be going back to Canada on Sunday. The girls have a cousin a little younger than Bella.

The Press asked if they could be outside at tomorrow's vigil and Nancy's dad said it was ok with him but PLEASE to go easy on the girls and not make a big deal of them etc.

Police Chief said another PC will be called when a POI is announced or an arrest is made.

I think I ommitted one or 2 things, but it's 30 minutes past pumpkin hour here, so I have an excuse! ;)

Throwing this out there from last eve, I don't think alot saw it and it is bugging me-

On both NG and Greta, I heard that the kids passports were removed from Nancy's car and given to the grandparents. Does that change anyone else's opinion that this dude thought of EVERYTHING and maybe this was premeditated/planned?

If you recall, in the affidavit, NC says BC confiscated passports circa Feb/Mar now they are in her car "all along"? I would be interestd to know if LE ran across them when they initially did the concentual search or if they "appeared" after. If he is not in the clink on 7/25 expect that issue to surface at the custody hearing for sure.

My understanding was, that Brad had taken them from Nancy's car. The grand parents requested they be turned over so the chidlren could go to Canada to attend the memorial service for their mother.

Brad had taken them so that Nancy couldnt' leave the country with the girls, as her plan was to move to Canada with her sister.

I feel so sorry for Nancy's life. She had no idea how it would feel/and how tripped up she could become when following her husband to another country so he could move up in his career. He could go get his MBA, enter into his sports, have his girlfriend, and she could take care of him, and that's it?

She gave up her career. I'm more than sure she was happy being a SAHM. I was when my first was born. We had just moved to another state. My profession requires a state license and in that state it required more classes and retesting. I wasn't into it, I wanted to be with my baby anyway. But after two years, my self esteem was low, I couldn't relate with women friends I met at parties. I was best at baby-talk, and it made me feel terrible.

If Nancy had lowered self esteem, couple that with a bully husband, well, she had to be terribly unhappy, and trapped.

I want to thank any of her friends who are hanging here, she needed you much more than you will ever know, and I know she loved you. Remember that when you meet new friends. It doesn't matter where they live, or how successful their life appears, they may need you more that you know!

My understanding was, that Brad had taken them from Nancy's car. The grand parents requested they be turned over so the chidlren could go to Canada to attend the memorial service for their mother.

Brad had taken them so that Nancy couldnt' leave the country with the girls, as her plan was to move to Canada with her sister.

Yes thanks, that I know, but the point I am throwing out there is - if they were CONFISCATED as is stated in the affidavit, and she had no access to them, and he is Witnessed removing them from HER vehicle- what does that mean to everyone here? The car was searched on Sat aft, were they there then, if so, to me he thought of putting them back, maybe in her purse that was found in the car that she DID not drive that eve, and to me that opens up the possibility this is no fight got outta hand- it may have been planned...

If they were located in the car (I doubt, Im certain LE would have asked him to hold onto them, absolutelty) than he will say ( if available) that he never took the passports, she had them all the time, and she could have left- voilla no motive...

I've thought all along that Brad did not just snap from being a normal husband who would never consider killing his wife to an accidental murderer. Sure, he was probably angry or in a rage when he did it, but I think this is something that has been whirling around in his mind for a while.

It is obvious to me, that Brad was so into himself that his wife was only a teeny tiny part of his life. He had no time to be a husband, he was too busy being Brad. In his mind, everything else in his life was going great, if he could just get rid of Nancy, he'd be free to live as he pleased.

I'm not so sure that he planned the exact time and place he would kill her. He may have just been waiting for an excuse to pounce, like an animal stalking it's next meal.

ETA:
As to the passport situation- I wonder if he had staged the purse and the passports in Nancy's car to make it appear that she was preparing to flee with the children to Canada. Maybe he thought he would have more time to finish setting the scene and getting his story straight, but was caught off-guard when the friend immediately called the police.

JMO
Susan

I've thought all along that Brad did not just snap from being a normal husband who would never consider killing his wife to an accidental murderer. Sure, he was probably angry or in a rage when he did it, but I think this is something that has been whirling around in his mind for a while.

It is obvious to me, that Brad was so into himself that his wife was only a teeny tiny part of his life. He had no time to be a husband, he was too busy being Brad. In his mind, everything else in his life was going great, if he could just get rid of Nancy, he'd be free to live as he pleased.

I'm not so sure that he planned the exact time and place he would kill her. He may have just been waiting for an excuse to pounce, like an animal stalking it's next meal.

ETA:
As to the passport situation- I wonder if he had staged the purse and the passports in Nancy's car to make it appear that she was preparing to flee with the children to Canada. Maybe he thought he would have more time to finish setting the scene and getting his story straight, but was caught off-guard when the friend immediately called the police.

JMO
Susan

Does anyone else have the feeling that the suicide threat may have just been to make him look more sympathic for after the murder, like he wouldn't kill his wife?

And has it been released yet what she was wearing when her body was found? I'm sorry, having a hard time catching up with all the posts.

But she should of been in jogging clothes if his story is true. Not that he couldnt' of redressed the body, but I'm just sayin................................. It could be like Scott with the black pants

Paraphrasing and Recapping as I am in a hurry:

Megyn Kelly interviewing Mark Furhman on the case:

POI is actually a "press term" and NOT an LE term, Le invented it when they started talking t the press about cases. I is a term that the public is aware of, can allay fears about a crime, and shows progress in an investigation, sometimes when not enough evidence to arrest to keep "POI" on alert.

There are only 3 options or classifications following the initial conversations with police as the case is opening ( in this case they corroberated with Brad she was indeed missing and also the initial concentual searches).
They are:
1. Victim
2. Witness
3. Suspect

In his opinion there is zero evidence pointing to anyone but the husband that he has seen. He felt nancy did the groundwork and is speaking from her grave, that if she had not, that the grandparents probably would not have the children in their care right now.

If the "Bleach" purchase is true and verified, she was killed at the home.
When asked why the LE is saying they are pleased with the progress of their investigation why they won't name a suspect, he said simply they have interviewed a SMALL group of friends, and he suspects they have a strong forensic case as well as other physical evidence.

There was no mention of partially clothed, COD, and they mentioned at the end the bleach coment has not been commented on by LE other than the no confirm or deny. ( I say READ WS!!!)

Thanks for the recap Blink!!!!
I have the Grandbabies today so will keep checking back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail