Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #6

Fran...you are so on point...

Quote Originally Posted by momto3kids View Post
    I'm not impressed with these attorneys. Wade Smith is the attorney you need to retain for a high profile case such as this, especially possible murder.
    Maybe they needed to get in some billable hours.
    If BC is so private, he may not be even meeting or talking with them

Might be on the couch watching the Tour de France drinking a few cold ones.
    Hard to be a sidelined ironman, IMO

I'm not impressed with these attorneys. Wade Smith is the attorney you need to retain for a high profile case such as this, especially possible murder.
    Maybe he called Wade Smith and Wade Smith turned him down.

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    He's a very private man who thinks he is the iron man! Lets the world know how great he is bu his web pages.
    Private men don't normally go out & have a mistress on the side do they?
    With him being so private you'd of thought he'd of given his wife money to feed herself & the kids. Sure wouldn't want to let that out to the media.

The word is sneaky not private. I guess his lawyer couldn't say that and still expect to get paid for the news conference.

You guys are funny...I've been watching for a while and have been trying to edit my post.

I don't remember see LE take any computers out of the house...did they?

Quote Originally Posted by piedmontmom View Post
    You guys are funny...I've been watching for a while and have been trying to edit my post.
    welcome to WS

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
    The word is sneaky not private. I guess his lawyer couldn't say that and still expect to get paid for the news conference.
    I swear that is what came to mind for me, too. Private = sneaky, re: Brad

Is Wade Smith Jason Young's attorney?

From that link, it ends with this: "The run course is pancake flat - with the expection of the last 200 feet where you have to run up the parkade to the 2nd level before you can see the finish line. I saw the family and seeing them cheering me on as I crossed the finish line made it feel like the perfect day." Aug 2007

You are an Ironman Brad-you are just great, just great!!!

Wouldn't it be intersting to know if and how many are monitoring this site for BC's attorneys?

Quote Originally Posted by murdershewrote View Post
    I don't remember see LE take any computers out of the house...did they?

I haven*t seen any pictures with what looked like computers, but the search warrant was executed at 2am so I*ll bet they were some of the first things to be removed from the home.

whiteangora is offline I'm on the right track baby. I was "Born This Way"
    I'm astonished that there has not been an arrest, and we still have no clue
    about the cause of death.
    And, all of the bags of evidence taken from the house, I hope LE is going over everything twice with a fine toothed comb.
    I wonder if Mr. Brad will be going to Canada for his wife's funeral. Has anyone mentioned this?

Quote Originally Posted by petra View Post
    Maybe they needed to get in some billable hours.
    If BC is so private, he may not be even meeting or talking with them

Might be on the couch watching the Tour de France drinking a few cold ones.
    Hard to be a sidelined ironman, IMO
    Or ordering the sex channels on cable tv.

Quote Originally Posted by headndownstream View Post
    I'm kind of bored, gonna eat some supper and peruse the internet.

Try this one: quote: "The Adventures of Brad" It's better in pdf format

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache...ient=firefox-a
    Thanks for posting this. Did you notice he used the word "plan" 14 times in that one fairly short account?

This guy is extremely detail-oriented, down to recommending which floor of the hotel to stay on, and in which direction to sit to watch on-screen presentations.

If he is guilty of killing his wife, I think it would have been highly planned in advance (although maybe he forgot to check the family's bleach supply...)

Nancy's parents already hired Tharrington Smith, LLP. Wade Smith and Alice Stubbs are the attorneys on the custody petition.

BTW, I'm a new poster; I've been a sporadic lurker on this board since Michelle Young.

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    Believe me, the attorney does NOT want to know IF he's guilty or not. His job is to defend an innocent man,...........period!

IF the attorney KNEW his client was guilty, but the client was pleading innocent at a trial, the attorney would have to excuse himself. He would NOT be able to give his client a proper defense.

That's just the way it is.

Yes, he's 'paid' to say his client is 'innocent.' Even if it's a lie!

JMHO
    fran
    So what you are both saying is that a criminal HAS to lie to his attorney, right?

Quote Originally Posted by nanandjim View Post
    Is Wade Smith Jason Young's attorney?
    I believe Jason Young hired Roger Smith, but not Wade. Wade Smith represented Jeff MacDonald, Duke lacross case, and I understand is representing the Cho family whose son did the Virginia Tech murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    So what you are both saying is that a criminal HAS to lie to his attorney, right?
    UNfortunately, Mohabi, Fran is exactly right.

Calgary -- I'm a decade older than Brad and I have the special circumstance of being from Cary (the town's what, six times the size it was when I was in high school?), but I can count on two hands how many times that I've seen folks from high school and it was always when I was home for a college break or a chance meeting at the State Fair.

When I went away to college, I went away to college and after I transferred from one college to another, I went to visit an old roommate for an afternoon (at his parent's house); I happened to run into an old dorm neighbor one day, where I learned that he had transferred to the same college, so we decided to share an apartment, which allowed us both to move off-campus; Once, an old friend from the first college looked us up and we went out for drinks (he had moved to Europe) and a long time ago, an old girlfriend found me because she had recently become divorced.

I've lived all over the United States and in each location I've made friends, but other than a handful, I've never seen any of these people again. Therefore, I really don't see anything wrong with someone who has moved away, especially hundreds or thousands of miles away or to another country to not have a lot of connection to their past. Unless you stay in your hometown, it's really all part of growing-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohabi View Post
    He doesn't have to lie to the attorney, but if he tells the attorney that he's guilty, then he can't go into court and expect the attorney to try to prove him innocent.......... hope I worded that right; I know what I'm trying to say. LOL.

I have a question. anyone. Is that Lake Placid event this weekend?

Newbie here. Found you guys during a google on Monday, it was the first link.

We're local although we don't live in Lochmere. I took a huge interest in this case when I first saw the news on Saturday. The picture of NC looked so familiar to me. I don't know, she just looked familiar. Then of course the mention of trails and the lake at Lochmere raised a red flag bc DD often walks those with her friends and they go to Jave Jive a lot. As the week progressed I was less concerned that it was random as things pointed to BC. I'll admit I was late to think it was him. I "bought" many of the explanations and wasn't bothered by some things like the long sleeve shirts, the time it took to alert LE that she hadn't returned (now remember first, I thought it was BC and I wasn't bothered it took so long...I wouldn't have alerted LE probably until mid afternoon myself-esp if I wasn't on the best of terms with DH).

I simply found many of the things he did as being an "uber" JERK. Having an affair, withholding monies, verbal abuse, spousal problems didn't point to murder for me. Yes, many were hard sells but they just spelled out JERK of a husband.

I found the location where she was found to actually bode well for BC. It's too open, even for someone panicking. IMHO, this subdivision is off of a very busy road. I drive by it at least 4 times per day and often have to stop to let a car in or out of the entrance. It is the 2nd phase of an already established neighborhood. They have balloons at the entrance to beckon in new buyers all the time...plus it is too close to their house.

BUT
    what was/is most telling, is that he didn't alert her family until at least one day passed, neither his family. This is unexplainable to me, and is more implicating than most of what is public knowledge.

Skittles...I did not know that. This is one attorney I would not want to go up against in court, Wade Smith. This will also answer how the children got removed so quickly. Nancy's family could not have found a better representative. IMO

This is one attorney I would not want to go up against in court, Wade Smith.
    Right, they got good advice from somebody. I'd wondered if they'd hired that firm partly to prevent Brad from doing so.

BTW...thanks so much for the welcome. This is a very civil and friendly place.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast