631 users online (81 members and 550 guests)  

Websleuths News

Question Please can someone look into response time?!

Surely it's not just me and my lousy pc, is it? It takes forever to view "New Posts" or to open up a new thread. I've been counting and it can take 30-45 seconds sometimes!

With all the enhancements around here that really needs to be looked at. If it's just me, I'll gladly delete this. I just hate wasting so much time, overall, waiting for pages to load. Maybe Big Tex has some data that will help figure out why this is a problem. IIRC, he said he was looking at that way back when.

It's sporadic, IMO, and not always just because there's big news on a case. I've seen it happen at all hours of the day/night.

PLEASE!!! Thanks.

Me too Taxi. I thought it was just me and my lousy connection.

Arrow

I was having problems getting on last night, but I think it was my ISP...
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I had trouble this afternoon.

Also, received pm's in triplicate. I got a couple of friends to join up also today. The first one couldn't get in and the second one now says she's in, so maybe things have cleared up.

Thanks, Jovin. I figured I was being ignored as usual! lol

okay,

the second person just got this notification in her junkmail ...

whoa~just got this from my junk folder:

Dear cooknchic,

Unfortunately your registration at Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community did not meet our membership requirements. Therefore your registration was deleted.

Sorry,
    Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'm going to see if Chico can help me out..that's two friends today that have not been able to register properly.

Adnoid seemed to indicate that they were being very picky about who they registered here since the IS board being closed has created an influx of newbies here. Or it could just be that email issue.

Well, that makes me wonder.

what do you have to do to register legitimately then. These are both friends from a signature forum who knew nothing at all about this board, until I mentioned it this afternoon, and gave them the link.

Don't ask me! I just live here. I'm pretty sure if they are referrals from you that you can talk to a mod about it. It's probably just the email thing though. I wonder how many try and give up after being turned away?

Good luck!!

I wonder if the reason people are having trouble registering is their email addy? I know it can't be a freebie one, like hotmail or yahoo. My paid one is the only one that works here, and I use my hotmail for darn near everything else.

Hope that maybe helps . . .

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California
    Hi 'noid, Old Buddy, Old Pal,
    WS is really slow for me, too. I'm using Safari 3.1.2 on a mac G3 with DSL and I've tried different browsers but the result is the same. I know you're aware of the problem, and I'm actually glad it's not my ancient 'puter, but is there anything I can do other than empty cache/cookies to speed up 'ol Betsy here?

I read on another thread that some consider you to be a 'God' of some sorts, and I'm really hoping you're the God Of All Things Macintosh.

I hope you get back to me, as I'm really tempted to pour sterno or something into 'Ol Betsy's ventilation port and light a match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-0apQM7_OE

Deb

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    the forums keep crashing for me here too! Any idea why??
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

The lovely Sacramento Valley in northern California
    'Noid,
    You don't get paid enough. Believe me, if I could help this place stay up, I'd do it, but when I was a kid, Dad said,

"Deb, get away from that wheelbarrow...you don't know nothin' about machinery".

I took him at his word and persued other interests.

You, Tricia and the rest work your butt's off keeping this place running, and I want you to know that your hard work is appreciated.

If it's slow for now, we'll deal with it and be glad for the time we can get on.
    In the meantime, while I'm waiting for a page to load, I might actually get some work done in this store , dance a bit to Thin Lizzy, then type a little on this thread or that.

Rock On Websleuths!
    Last edited by heavenlydaze; 07-22-2008 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling

Blue_Dolphin308 is offline We can't help everyone, But everyone can help someone!
    Thanks adnoid! was just wondering if it was on my end or not!
    Be Kind to yourself, you are worth it!

Thanks, all..

Chico did get things fixed for the two ladies and they're quite happy. Thanks again.