Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahsnana View Post
    You're right, Claycat, it is still up on the OSBI site. That was probably just a rumor about the flyers. Unless OSBI has no one to tend the website on weekends. Unlikely, though.
    I guess we will just have to wait for the presser!

Quote Originally Posted by poco View Post
    Any updates on the press conference tomorrow - like time???
    Poco, I couldn't find anywhere the time of the press conference tomorrow. I did note that an earlier one was at 2PM but not sure if that is a standard time.

I wonder where the rumor came from, about the flyers being removed?

Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post

<snipped for space>

And if Chancey's farm is there at Bryant, that is about a mile or two East on the road called Bryant road. After you go north from where the girls were found, you cross the bridge, and a little further is Bryant road as they call it, if you turn right, or East... and then it is called Kelough Road if you turn left, or west. Its not a good road going west. This is why LE from Weleetka would have approached the Plackers from the south, from Weleetka.
    Gee, I hope I dont read further and see that someone already cleared this up. If so, sorry, but I have been wanting to clarify this and keep being drawn away from the computer.
    It wasn't yet, thanks.

all these theories make my head spin, trying to keep up !!

You're right, Claycat, it is still up on the OSBI site. That was probably just a rumor about the flyers. Unless OSBI has no one to tend the website on weekends. Unlikely, though.
    Gee, a rumor that turns out not the be true being spread on Topix?
    How shocking..lol

I didn't think LE would go around and tell people to remove the sketch, especially when a news conference is tomorrow. They'd just wait and do it then.

Another thing, the poster "Columbo" on Topix supposedly said their "source" told them there would be an arrest in 48 hours....this was THREE weeks ago.
    So, I don't put much stock into "Columbo" and his/her information about two teenage boys being the killers, and protected by their parents.

I just called 3 convenient stores in Henryetta. Two had not heard about removing the fliers, (according to the employees who answered the phone) and the third said the flier in their store had been removed, but they were not sure when, and I would have to call in the morning to talk to the manager to find out why it was removed.

Most the stores in town besides the convenient stores are closed on Sunday.

did we ever find out if Dusty Chancey is the employer of Ms Farrow? And is that HIS farm that sits right there at Bryant? Locals, can you help me?

Frog, I think it was discussed earlier that the Mr. Chancey spoken about is the father of Dusty Chancey. I'm sorry, I don't remember his first name.

Quote Originally Posted by YellowDog View Post
    Didn't the grandfather say that Taylor went barefoot most of the time? If the girls were barefoot the day of the murders, their footprints would stand out as opposed to those of people wearing shoes or boots. Of course, that dirt road may have been too hot for barefeet that day.

I thinking about that last week YD...
    Thank you FC for & Frog for the ranch location info

You can't believe everyone at topix

Frog, I think it was discussed earlier that the Mr. Chancey spoken about is the father of Dusty Chancey. I'm sorry, I don't remember his first name.
    D.D. Chancey was Dusty's father. He served as superintendent of Graham School until 1995 - Dusty has held that position since. From this article it sounds like Dusty lives on the farm too (not sure if his father is still alive?). In another article it mentions that after the girls were murdered, Vickie requested Dusty come over to their house and I think it said he lived about 2 miles away.

"Today, Dusty Chancey lives in a house built by his great-grandfather in 1912. So he knows the community, both as it is today and as it was during his childhood."

http://newsok.com/weleetkas-no-dot-o...?tm=1213874735

Quote Originally Posted by frogjustfrog View Post
    I just called 3 convenient stores in Henryetta. Two had not heard about removing the fliers, (according to the employees who answered the phone) and the third said the flier in their store had been removed, but they were not sure when, and I would have to call in the morning to talk to the manager to find out why it was removed.
    Thanks for checking.

Both Chanceys have the 1st initial "D". It is the D Chancey (Sr?) that lives right down the road from the Plackers (Bad Creek Farm) that employs the Farrows and also owns the house the Plackers live in.

The Farrows and The Whitakers live next door to each other about 8 miles South of Henryetta (just west of the IN Tpke). To get to the Plackers you'd either have to drive a rather long, very roundabout way on dirt and gravel country roads or drive 8 miles to I-40 and travel West to 75 and then take 75 South to the road North of the Plackers house and turn East on it for about 2-3 miles and then turn South on County Line Road and go about a mile to the Plackers. I am told it can take 20+ minutes to drive because there is no fast, smooth road that goes directly between the two places. I do have it mapped out - BOTH the Plackers and Whitaker/Farrows live pretty far off the main roads and on roads that have only one or two ways to access them.

The Whitaker/Farrow/Paschal-Placker families were/are intertwined in more ways than just their daughters being best friends.

My Opinion
    If you're not part of the solution,
    you're part of the problem.

~Eldridge Cleaver ~

Page 19 of 42 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast