Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #22

STILL NOTHING. If I were Brooke's family I would be having a meltdown by now.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

This is the case that brought me to WS. I remember seeing her face on the news, she looked just like my daughter who was the same age at the time. I look at my daughter now at 16 and think of all of the happiness in her life and the amazing experiences she has had and it breaks my heart that Brooke never had the same opportunity.

I am so disgusted that Jacques has manipulated the system for this long and continues to do so. This case is an absolute travesty.

RIP sweet Brooke, I wish that you had people in your life that advocated for you even a fraction of the amount that a bunch of strangers on a message board have done.
    "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear." - N. Mandela

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pdxmama For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by pdxmama View Post
    This is the case that brought me to WS. I remember seeing her face on the news, she looked just like my daughter who was the same age at the time. I look at my daughter now at 16 and think of all of the happiness in her life and the amazing experiences she has had and it breaks my heart that Brooke never had the same opportunity.

I am so disgusted that Jacques has manipulated the system for this long and continues to do so. This case is an absolute travesty.

RIP sweet Brooke, I wish that you had people in your life that advocated for you even a fraction of the amount that a bunch of strangers on a message board have done.
    Isn't that the truth. And the killers wife and the whole sick family are all friends now. Except I believe Brookes Dad. He knows and knew. So did the others but not one of them cared. Just a bunch of demented "family".
    I check here all the time hoping to see some progress, nothing.
    The whole thing is unbelieveable and disgusting. The state of Vermont needs to get there heads out of their you know where.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

http://readabout.me/achievements/Ama...source=emailcc

Too bad Brooke will never experience such an award

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bdmama For This Useful Post:

bdmama,,glad your back!!! Yes Brooke will never get to experience any of what life had to offer her but Amanda seems to be living life.

We still are thinking of you Brooke and looking for justice.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Come on State of Vermont, this wait has gone on long enough. He is guilty as sin and needs to hang.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Haven't forgot you Brooke, still waiting for justice.

14. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Thought you might like to see they have scheduled a hearing. I hope they found a loophole. http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/a...Brooke-Bennett

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tmhco For This Useful Post:

Thank You tmhco, but how is it this gets dragged to N.Y.?

All I can say is it has been long enough. Then when they are done with him they should finish prosecuting the others that were involved. And what I mean by that is PEOPLE that were aware of this pervert!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by The Farm View Post
    Thank You tmhco, but how is it this gets dragged to N.Y.?

All I can say is it has been long enough. Then when they are done with him they should finish prosecuting the others that were involved. And what I mean by that is PEOPLE that were aware of this pervert!
    Only the appeals are in NYC - it's being heard by the 2nd Circuit Federal Appeals Court. Here's the pertinent Wiki info on that (BBM):

The United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit (in case citations, 2d Cir.) is one of the thirteen United States Courts of Appeals. Its territory comprises the states of Connecticut, New York, and Vermont, and the court has appellate jurisdiction over the district courts in the following districts:

District of Connecticut
    Eastern District of New York
    Northern District of New York
    Southern District of New York
    Western District of New York
    District of Vermont

The Second Circuit ordinarily has its clerk's office and hears oral arguments at the Thurgood Marshall United States Courthouse in Foley Square in lower Manhattan.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Second_Circ uit"]United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]
    The truth usually lurks beneath the surface - look deeper!

On and on the rain will fall
    Like tears from a star like tears from a star
    On and on the rain will say
    How fragile we are how fragile we are

20. The Following User Says Thank You to SkewedView For This Useful Post:

Thank You SkewedView, there is my answer. This case can not begin soon enough for me.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Thank You SkewedView, there is my answer. This case can not begin soon enough for me.
    On the one hand, I've been itching to see this...individual (barely remembered to censor myself as per TOS, oops) see justice, but on the other hand, I want this to be an airtight case when the prosecution presents it, with no wiggle room for him to use in his inevitable appeals. The latter wins out for me, as he's not going anywhere in the meantime. I'm 100% certain that the prosecution is burning with a desire for swift justice just as we are, but their job is to temper that desire to ensure the much more important lasting justice.

I suppose my patience also comes from the fact that during the trial, we'll be subjected to the harsh details of what befell poor Brooke...obviously not something that I'm looking forward to.

All JMO
    The truth usually lurks beneath the surface - look deeper!

On and on the rain will fall
    Like tears from a star like tears from a star
    On and on the rain will say
    How fragile we are how fragile we are

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SkewedView For This Useful Post:

I swore after the Casey Anthony trial I would never watch another that involved a child. I am still not over it and the only reason I got to see that one is because I was home from work on a medical leave.
    I know what you are saying and I hope it will be as airtight as canned corn.
    And poor little skinny perverted Michael is afraid of the death penalty. As far as I am concerend it is a no brainer. When he knocked up his own sister it should have been a BIG RED LIGHT. Never mind what all came later. Then Denise starts writing him in prison, marries him, has his child( already has a young daughter from someone else) full knowing what this snake in the grass was all about. I could go on and on but it makes me sick.
    They are all living their lives like oh well. All friends. All very sick and demented people.
    Get on the ball justice.

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

I've said it before, I'll say it again -- they can try this on the moon, or anywhere else -- this guy is guilty and he deserves the worst justice can throw at him!

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lola For This Useful Post:

I would be ashamed to be from Vermont right now. This is beyond belief.
    Please help find Gerry Largay, 66, missing on the Appalachian Trail in Maine.
    http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/25...ssing-in-Maine

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to angelmom For This Useful Post:

A little more info on the details of the appeal

Past Acts an issue in case

Jacques hearing scheduled before appellate court

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lola For This Useful Post:

Thanks Lola, the scumbag may not have been found guilty of past crimes or knocking up his own sister but that is fact enough for me.
    Imagine marrying, sleeping with and having his kid full knowing what he was?
    That wife should be held accountable also and should not have those kids. I would like to tell her to her face now since all this happened and you all of a sudden become a christian means nothing. She knows she knew and does not want to be thought of as someone as sick as him.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

The whole story surrounding this case (not just the case itself -- which is bad enough) is so twisted it's mind boggling. I suppose we tend to think women cannot be as vile or evil -- and then we have a case like this and all those assumptions are blown to pieces.

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lola For This Useful Post:

I know Lola, this case just upsets me so much and brings out the worse I have to offer!

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Today is the 31st, I can not find anything on the internet. Does anyone know what happened.

Still thinking of you Brooke.

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yes! Ok, if we have to move it let's do Texas! They will just welcome MJ with open arms don't you think??????

Otherwise I think it should be held in good old Vermont. It is their problem because he should have never been let out for this to happen. Just what happened with his sister alone was enough to lock him up and throw away the key!! Never mind the others.

AND DENISE MARRIES HIM AND HAS HIS BABY KNOWING FULL WELL WHAT A SICK SICK SICK PUPPY HE IS. AND BRING HER ALREADY OTHER YOUNG DAUGHTER INTO THE MIX. ARGHHHHHH.

She needs to be charged too!
    I would like to see the trial moved to Texas because that state knows exactly what to do with scumbags like this and they don't hesitate to do what needs to be done. Vermont on the other hand might end up letting this scumbag live. It has taken this long with no action at all; this looks to me like there is more concern for his welfare than for this child to receive justice. I certainly hope that I'm wrong but he has wasted oxygen way too long.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

LOL,,,I have said right from the beginning SEND HIM TO TEXAS!!!!!!

He needs to hang actually, the needle is way to kind. Brooke suffered and he should to.

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to The Farm For This Useful Post:

This is the only thing I can find...and I am, no doubt like many of you, kept up at nights worrying whether this scumbag's rights will be violated. Man, you know it's cases like this.....I think of myself as no death penalty, fair trials, innocent til proven guilty and then you get cases like the home invasion in Ct and this one!

Can Murder Suspect Jacques get a fair trial in Vt or Anywhere

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Lola For This Useful Post:

I followed this case closely when it began in 2008. Jacques was arrested quickly. Since then, the entire Casey Anthony saga has played out and is in the aftermath stage.

I'm not blaming Vermont for this. They aren't trying Jacques. It was turned into a Federal Case, which added the death penalry to the punishment menu. The first big delay in the road to justice came with this action. It took quite a while for the case to go to the Feds. Federal cases tend to go more slowly.

Nevertheless, I'm more than ready for this trial. Too bad it will be in Federal Court just because it will not be televised. Jacques has bought himself a lot of time, but it will catch up with him when the trial occurs.

Here is an article about the hearing yesterday.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/s...edPhoneId=5801
    The greatest trespasser on justice still wishes it done to him.

EDWARD COUNSEL, Maxims

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CarolinaMoon For This Useful Post:

LOL,,,I have said right from the beginning SEND HIM TO TEXAS!!!!!!

He needs to hang actually, the needle is way to kind. Brooke suffered and he should to.
    LOL, I'm not ashamed to say that I wish he could be hooked up to the equipment he ordered and the equipment turned on in Warp speed mode until he croaks............seriously......... In this case I think the punishment should match the crime. He definitely deserves exactly what he dealt out.

50. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast