722 users online (108 members and 614 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SC - Namia Vaught, 2, Loris, 19 July 2008

Child Abduction Emergency

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED CHILD ABDUCTION EMERGENCY SOUTH CAROLINA EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY COLUMBIA SOUTH CAROLINA RELAYED BY NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE COLUMBIA SC 309 AM EDT SAT JUL 19 2008
    ...CHILD ABDUCTION EMERGENCY...

WE HAVE JUST RECEIVED THIS IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT REGARDING TWO ABDUCTED INDIVIDUALS IN LORIS, SC. THE SOUTH CAROLINA LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION IS LOOKING FOR NAMIA VAUGHT...A 2 YEAR OLD BLACK FEMALE...3 FEET TALL... WEIGHING 22 POUNDS...WITH BROWN EYES. THEY ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR EVETTE NANNETTE VAUGHT...A 20 YEAR OLD BLACK FEMALE...5 FEET 4 INCHES TALL... WEIGHING 135 POUNDS. THESE INDIVIDUALS WERE LAST SEEN AT 5028 MANNING STREET IN LORIS, SC AND ARE BELIEVED TO BE IN EXTREME DANGER. 2 YEAR OLD NAMIA WAS LAST SEEN WEARING A BLACK T SHIRT AND A DIAPER.

AUTHORITIES ADVISE THE INDIVIDUALS WERE LIKELY ABDUCTED BY MARCO MURICE VAUGHT...A 25 YEAR OLD BLACK MALE...5 FEET 8 INCHES TALL...WEIGHING 146 POUNDS WITH BROWN EYES. THEY MAY BE TRAVELING IN A WHITE 4 DOOR DODGE SEABRING WITH SOUTH CAROLINA DEALER TAGS...WHICH WAS LAST SEEN TRAVELING ON HIGHWAY 701 TOWARD NORTH CAROLINA FROM LORIS. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE WHEREABOUTS OF NAMIA AND EVETTE NANNETTE VAUGHT... PLEASE CONTACT THE LORIS POLICE DEPARTMENT AT 843-756-4000.

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE IS TRANSMITTED AT THE REQUEST OF THE SOUTH CAROLINA EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT AGENCY COLUMBIA SOUTH CAROLINA.

http://www.weather.com/weather/newsc...alertId=885509

AMBER alert for Namia Vaught

LORIS, S.C. -- An AMBER alert is in effect this morning for a 2-year-old girl from Loris, S.C.

The child, Namia Vaught, is black, 3 feet tall, weighs 22 pounds and has brown eyes.

She was last seen wearing a brown t-shirt and a diaper.

Also missing is 20-yaer-old Evette Nannette Vaught, who is 5 feet, 4 inches tall and weighs about 135 pounds.

Loris in Horry County, along the Atlantic Coast, near the North Carolina line.

According to the State Law Enforcement Division, the woman and child are believed to be in extreme danger.

http://www.wyff4.com/news/16928815/detail.html

I was in Myrtle Beach this morning, and they had the Amber Alert on Route 17 right down through town. First time I've ever seen those boards activated, except for road construction details. You can't miss 'em, that's for sure.

I hope she's found safe.

I figured Myrtle Beach would be a good place for them to blend in, too, but the story says they headed north into North Carolina. There are a lot of rural roads and hiding places out that way, but then it isn't too far to hit I95 and head to anywhere north or south in a hurry. I hope they find them quickly before anything happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Peki51 View Post
    I figured Myrtle Beach would be a good place for them to blend in, too, but the story says they headed north into North Carolina. There are a lot of rural roads and hiding places out that way, but then it isn't too far to hit I95 and head to anywhere north or south in a hurry. I hope they find them quickly before anything happens.
    Yes, there are a lot of rural roads in that area. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell if you're in North or South Carolina. If he headed up 701, that would take him away from the Coast, more toward Fayetteville. I had to just shake my head when I read "white car." In this area, probably 90% of the cars on the road are white.

Quote Originally Posted by warrkat View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of rural roads in that area. In fact, sometimes it's hard to tell if you're in North or South Carolina. If he headed up 701, that would take him away from the Coast, more toward Fayetteville. I had to just shake my head when I read "white car." In this area, probably 90% of the cars on the road are white.
    I know, Warrkat! I have been looking out the window at Bypass 17 all day and I have see an awful lot of white cars!!

I have heard the Amber Alert on radio a few times during the day. I sure hope this turns out good.........there is just too much evil going on in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Peki51 View Post
    I know, Warrkat! I have been looking out the window at Bypass 17 all day and I have see an awful lot of white cars!!

I have heard the Amber Alert on radio a few times during the day. I sure hope this turns out good.........there is just too much evil going on in the world.
    LOL. Did you see me wave at you as I drove down 17? Had to go to the Cancer Center this morning, and the weather was wet, wet, wet.

The alert was just taken off the SLED website. No word yet...

Quote Originally Posted by Damon View Post
    The alert was just taken off the SLED website. No word yet...
    I hope that's good news. I would check MB tv station, but the news has gone off.

Just put a call into the Loris PD and they have verified that Namia is safe and that the suspect is in custody

Just put a call into the Loris PD and they have verified that Namia is safe and that the suspect is in custody
    Great! I found it on the tv website, too, but my dial-up is tooooo slow.

Thank you for the update.
    That is good news!

Welcome to WS, warrkat

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast