Woman attacked by kangaroo!

Pandora

Reaction score
SYDNEY, Australia - An elderly woman was attacked by a large kangaroo on a farm in Australia and was lucky to be alive after a pet dog leapt to her aid, her son said Saturday.

The 6-foot-5-inch kangaroo lunged without warning at 65-year-old Rosemary Neal as she went to check on some horses in a paddock on the property near Mudgee, 160 miles northwest of Sydney on Friday, son Darren Neal said.

The kangaroo "just jumped up and launched straight at her," Darren Neal said. "He hit her once and she just dropped and rolled. My dog heard her screaming and bolted down and chased him off.

"It wasn't for the dog she'd probably be dead."

More at link:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080719/ap_on_fe_st/odd_kangaroo_attack

God bless the dog!

:eek:Oh thank Goodness for her dog. 6'5ft kangeroo is huge!! Most Kangeroos I have ever encountered luckily have jumped away happily, but I have heard of these aggressive ones......

That brings a new meaning to the boxing Kangaroo :eek:.

Seriously I am happy that the lady is okay, hurrah for her dog.

And people think me mean because i eat roo! :sheesh:

You shouldnt be eating them mate..they are full of worms..its not as though they are farmed down her..they are harvested straight out of the paddock...you wont see many Aussies that will eat roo meat.

You shouldnt be eating them mate..they are full of worms..its not as though they are farmed down her..they are harvested straight out of the paddock...you wont see many Aussies that will eat roo meat.

:eek:

i ate it once — in Oz! :D

Ostrich is ok, right?
ostrich.gif

I think the lesson here is don't mess with Skippy.

Kangaroos will chase a dog into a dam or creek then prevent them from getting out....doggy tires then drowns....
I will soon be an expert on Kangas as my new property has millions of them...
'Poor max and Hueggy bear...

Theres only one thing for it Kazz...plenty of roo stew on the menu.....

Theres only one thing for it Kazz...plenty of roo stew on the menu.....
Hi Dingo...noooooo..those things are worm farms on legs.
How are you?:blowkiss:p.s nice to see you safe and well....

I hear they have a heck of a right hook!:)

I hear they have a heck of a right hook!:)

Its their hind legs that do the damage, they balance on their tail and whack you with their hind legs, it sure packs a mean blow.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back