Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FL - Christina Lynn Brumbly, 29, Waldo, 8 July 2008

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin

FL - Christina Lynn Brumbly, 29, Waldo, 8 July 2008

http://www.gainesville.com/article/2...ng_Waldo_woman

"Christina Lynn Brumbly, 29, was last seen at work on July 8, according to the Sheriffĺs Office. She left early from work but didnĺt return home as planned, according to reports. Family and co-workers have not seen her since or heard from her.

Brumbly is described as white, about 5-feet-tall, and 145 pounds with brown hair and blue eyes. She was last seen driving a 2003 four-door Nissan with the Florida tag J794SU."

Why has this taken 10 days to reach the public?? I'm right here and haven't heard a word about this!
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 07-20-2008 at 07:45 AM. Reason: changing picture

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    I have e-mailed the detective to see if there's any other info they can give...this is bare bones!

Found this in another article: "Investigators believe she is in danger." http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/f...114113&catid=4

Danger from what? Partner? Family? Herself? Random?

Like you, I would like to know how this was handled from the beginning. When was a missing persons report filed? and by whom? Do they suspect foul play? Is she entered into the FDLE data base yet?

I hope you are lucky enough to get a reply!

Obviously from the comments left on the article you posted, we aren't the only ones outraged! There are so many things that need to be put into legislation to help with missing adults. They always say wait, see if they return, maybe they just went off for a new life, when in the meantime all the clues go cold. Infuriating sometimes!

If I don't get a reply by Monday evening, I will drop by the Sheriff's office and ask about it. I live very close. This is really fishy....and all good questions, Peki...which I will ask either the detective, or the Sheriff's office. I want to know if she has kids, who she lived with, etc. I can't access Myspace at work...can anyone check to see if she has one?

Ahh. I can't read the comments (work computer). Will read them as soon as I get home....what are they saying (mostly?)

Okay, in the last article, it said the Nissan was tan (so I'm guessing champagne colored?). There's one question answered. I will alert all of my friends around here to keep a look out for that car...but we all need more info.

Here are the comments, thought you might like to see them!

User Image
    Sphinx1 wrote:
    Does she have an ex boyfriend who was stalking her?
    7/18/2008 6:23 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend

Report Abuse
    User Image
    JagsFan57 wrote:
    Check hey myspace.com page. It's been 10 days, why did they wait so long to put it out in the news?
    7/18/2008 6:26 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend

Report Abuse
    User Image
    NewJaxDad wrote:
    have a husband/boyfriend that can be questioned?
    7/18/2008 6:51 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend

Report Abuse
    User Image
    scottyboy1 wrote:
    good lord..she might be in danger but they wait nearly two weeks to put the word out..good going whoever messed this one up.
    7/18/2008 7:00 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend (2)

Report Abuse
    User Image
    4suah20 wrote:
    Why again don't they do something similar to amber alert for adults?
    7/18/2008 7:03 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend (2)

Report Abuse
    User Image
    heyitsmekelly wrote:
    After 10 days you would think that the police would have more to the story for the media to report.Did she mention to any co-workers where she was going after work?Any of the co-workers know of any domestic problems?So many other questions.
    7/18/2008 7:07 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend (2)

Report Abuse
    User Image
    Sphinx1 wrote:
    scottyboy1
    You never know because FCN seems to report things very late. I see stories on other sites that they report three and four days later,
    7/18/2008 7:59 PM EDT on firstcoastnews.com
    Recommend (1)

Report Abuse
    User Image
    jkn1205 wrote:
    Does anyone know an update to the missing man in Jax (Peter Cagle)?

Oh, Peki, THANK YOU! =) I've e-mailed her car/tag info to everyone I can think of in this area...and have asked them to do the same. Someone has to have seen/know something!

There isn't a single "Brumbly" whitepages listing in Florida...will go through county records when I get home.

Great! It's great to see someone so proactive! Websleuths has always attracted folks who want to be involved for the good! I hope your results are successful.

I can't believe it has taken the media/police to let the public know about this....I hope someone comes forward with information on what happened to this girl. Someone must know something..in the mean time, I hope people in Alachua Co. keep their eyes peeled for signs of her car.
    "Life goes on, it's up to you to go along with it"

Bumpity-bump-bump!

I would love to know where she works. Seems like questioning the employees there would be a great place to start if that's the last place she was seen.

Finally found her myspace!!!!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=165868683

It does say "Happy Mother's Day" as a comment, so we know she's a Mom.

Her sister posted this yesterday: have still not gotten any info:

This should air on the news in Gainesville last night or tonight.

It will also be in the paper NO this is not a joke I wish it where!

Please tell me if you see her!!! My older sister is missing & has not been seen since July 8th. Those of you who know my sister know she has taken some very bad roads & is not on a good path. I am still very worried about her though & she is still my sister. She has my grandmothers gold nissan sentra who is on dialysis & has to have a way to go. The man she is presumed to be w/ is not a good person & has threated to hurt her in the past. If you see her please let me know, my family know, or the police. We have filed a missing persons report on her & the car to no avail.

If you know anything please let me know Please keep her in your prayers!!!!!

My phone # is 815-315-3563
    Waldo Police chiefs # is 352-468-1515
    Alachua County Sherrifs Officer Tom Kensey 352-384-3320

Dang, good work TL!! I wish I could view her page, but I'm at work so it will have to wait....are you going to contact her sister?

I've messaged who I think are her sisters....or close friends and invited them to add anything that might help. I also searched most of the big garages on UF's campus.

We also know now that she is possibly with a guy that has threatened her in the past...we need a name/description/his vehicle, etc.

Thanks, mcnama for helping, too! =)

Hopefully someone comes forth with the info on the guy she might have been with, at least to provide his name. Her sister or friends should be able to.

Great job! Although this sounds like a case of running off with someone else, it sounds like she could still be in danger. So she has children? Married? Spouse?

Again, great job getting the details.....

AAhhh did you see her pics....she is with a little girl and a little boy....I am assuming they are her children. I wonder where they are? No one has said whether she is missing with or without her children, have they?

I did receive a reply from one of her sisters with some info, but I need to ask her permission before posting. Hopefully will receive a reply soon.

This is from one of Christina's sisters, with permission:

*Yes she does have kids but no longer has custody of them my g-ma is actually keeping her oldest daughter even though my g-ma is on dialysis & my sis took her car.

*It is not her family she is in danger of it is the man she is presumed to be w/ he has hurt her in the past & threated to kill her. He even had her old car for a while because she was to scared to go it it from him. He goes by an alias of Mike Jones we do not know his real name @ this time. He is a large african american man. He drives different vechicles as to not be caught for the things that he does. One of those vechicles is white truck chevy I believe. He doesn't have a home or rent due to keeping a low profile also. He lives at hotels primary on 13th that are able to be accessed w/o a credit card or drivers license.

*The car she has is champagne or gold & may have a handicap tag in the window or it may also have a necklace in the window.

*The sheriffs dept. is trying to subpoena her phone records to see if it has been used, to whom, & where.

*My sister is into some bad things but she has never ever been gone this long & I do not believe she would do this to my g-ma.

*This story is in the paper & is also on the news at the time but no new info has come forward

*I am not sure why it took Waldo police so long to push forward w/ this other than its a very small department & she has left for a couple days b-4 but never this long & def. not w/ my g-ma's car.

*She lives in Waldo w/ my g-ma & works night shift w/ Bloodsouth.

*She went to work but left saying she had to help my babysis who was broke down. My lil sis was not broke down so I am not sure why she said that. My sis has 3 kids but 2 where put up for adoption.

*The lil girl on her page is her oldest daughter w/ whom my g-ma cares for.

Thank you very much I thing the hardest part is sitting & waiting! I just want her found & know that she is ok! Please thank everyone else on your forum for there insight also!!!

It looks like we've gotten some views on this thread....I hope that any viewing will join the discussion or message me with anything you would like to add. Keeping Christina in my thoughts. Bump.

Unfortuanately, LE doesn't seem to get a move-on fast enough with missing adults' cases, but clearly Christina Lynn Brumbly is in danger by the sound of the man in her life.

she needs to be found!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast