1409 users online (304 members and 1105 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778

    The car

    I'm thinking that the car may be a very rich source of evidence. He had to transport her to the dump site by vehicle if she was killed at home. I'm looking for body fluids in the car or carpet fibers on her clothing or something that would lead to a conclusion that her body was in the vehicle.

    Obviously since it was her vehicle too, this may not prove much, but if the fibers were clumped in an area where her body rested, or if there was her urine in the back or something similar, that could just be the defining evidence.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    YES!

    One would expect there to be some forensic evidence in any vehicle and/or evidence of the dump site dirt/mud embedded in the tires or splashed up or on the underside of the car frame. Further, there could be tire prints, shoe prints or other prints in the dirt at the site.

    'Cut' roads are messy and it would be difficult to avoid getting dirt embedded into anything that came in contact (tires, undercarriage, shoes, etc.).

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    I thought this particular cul-de-sac was paved, but I could be wrong. Nevertheless he would have to walk in dirt to place her where she was found. And microscopic pieces of dirt could still be clinging to his shoes or the car carpet and found by the lab.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    555
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    YES!

    One would expect there to be some forensic evidence in any vehicle and/or evidence of the dump site dirt/mud embedded in the tires or splashed up or on the underside of the car frame. Further, there could be tire prints, shoe prints or other prints in the dirt at the site.

    'Cut' roads are messy and it would be difficult to avoid getting dirt embedded into anything that came in contact (tires, undercarriage, shoes, etc.).
    SG,

    From what I have seen, and although I know where the area is, I have not visited it in person, the roads are already paved.

    Nonetheless, there could be mud, dirt and other things in those roads, perhaps even the tires could have picked up nails which might have fallen from construction vehicles.

    The Urine or other fluids in the vehicle is a good thought, sure it was her car too, but something like a clear fluid might not have been noticed by BC, especially if he was in a hurry, and while it was her car, it is more difficult to explain why fluids would be in the rear of the car. (yes, there are speculative statements mixed in here, I know it, but chose not to break them out)

    CyberPro

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,678
    I went to the site once it was opened up to see if any one was laying flowers down for her, which they hadn't. I have not gone back since then.
    The roads are paved. Construction is occuring right next to the site at the end of the cul-de-sac near where Nancy was found.
    In order to get to this site you have to go thru an older section of homes and past many new homes that are being lived in. My guess is approx 80 homes in there. For the news to say undeveloped subdivision is not accurate...what is accurate is undeveloped portion of the subdivision. Who ever took NC there had to pass several homes (30 maybe) that are being lived in.
    This then gives me the opinion it wasn't done in the daylight since construction is common to occur on Saturdays within these new developments as well as all the residents already living there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,228
    Quote Originally Posted by SleuthyGal View Post
    YES!

    One would expect there to be some forensic evidence in any vehicle and/or evidence of the dump site dirt/mud embedded in the tires or splashed up or on the underside of the car frame. Further, there could be tire prints, shoe prints or other prints in the dirt at the site.

    'Cut' roads are messy and it would be difficult to avoid getting dirt embedded into anything that came in contact (tires, undercarriage, shoes, etc.).
    Judging from viewing the car on the news, it looked rather clean (unlike my own car!). I'm thinking it went through a car wash and wondering how thorough a cleaning it does, especially the under carriage ? Also wondering if car washes have cameras?

    I've said this before, but will say it again, what a wonderful group of wise posters. It's a pleasure to read here.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    4,078
    huh....I didn't realize those roads were paved. I haven't driven over there but I'm glad to get a first-hand report. The news reports made it sound REALLY isolated. And yes, with an updated report on what it's like over there then it seems even less likely that any crime was perpetuated in the daylight hours as someone was jogging.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I'm thinking that the car may be a very rich source of evidence. He had to transport her to the dump site by vehicle if she was killed at home. I'm looking for body fluids in the car or carpet fibers on her clothing or something that would lead to a conclusion that her body was in the vehicle.

    Obviously since it was her vehicle too, this may not prove much, but if the fibers were clumped in an area where her body rested, or if there was her urine in the back or something similar, that could just be the defining evidence.
    Didn't they have two cars? I've only seen one (the BMW SUV) in the driveway, but it could be she never used his car so anything of hers might be a big clue if found there. I agree it would also be a huge if any carpet fibers from the car were found on her body.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by citygirl View Post
    Judging from viewing the car on the news, it looked rather clean (unlike my own car!). I'm thinking it went through a car wash and wondering how thorough a cleaning it does, especially the under carriage ? Also wondering if car washes have cameras?

    I've said this before, but will say it again, what a wonderful group of wise posters. It's a pleasure to read here.
    I'm wondering if the car wash he regularly used is a full service wash with employees doing the interior cleaning?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I'm wondering if the car wash he regularly used is a full service wash with employees doing the interior cleaning?
    That might be hard to find in the middle of the night, unless he waited until morning to take care of that. Does Cary even have any all night car washes?


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    That might be hard to find in the middle of the night, unless he waited until morning to take care of that. Does Cary even have any all night car washes?
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean he was cleaning the car in the middle of the night. He had all morning Saturday to do it well after daylight! And I've also seen dads bring their little children with them to the full service car washes, waiting outside for the car to be cleaned.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    4,778
    Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    I'm sorry, I didn't mean he was cleaning the car in the middle of the night. He had all morning Saturday to do it well after daylight! And I've also seen dads bring their little children with them to the full service car washes, waiting outside for the car to be cleaned.
    I wasn't trying to make fun of your question. I was just thinking that he worked all night to clean up before morning. It would be a good angle for LE to check out - all the car washes in the area and their hours of operation, and if that had cameras.

  13. #13
    We know there were two cars at the house. We don't know specifically which car would have been used to transport. It should be mentioned the type of cars and if someone could get photos of them here...it might be helpful, too!

    We do know that Nancy's car had her Louis Vitton purse in it. We also know that LE searched both of them. Has there been any word if LE has removed either car? I haven't seen the second car in any of the photos. It probably is in the garage, but do we know this for sure?

    There is also a photo of Brad carrying the carseat and the booster seat out of the front door. Which car would these have been in normally or did they move them between the cars depending on who was going where? (I theorized the reason they were in the house is because the children had been visiting Nancy's family and they brought them back with the children to the house.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,409
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    I wasn't trying to make fun of your question. I was just thinking that he worked all night to clean up before morning. It would be a good angle for LE to check out - all the car washes in the area and their hours of operation, and if that had cameras.
    Oh I didn't take it that way at all Pepper! I should've been more specific anyway. I agree, LE should be checking out all the car washes he might have gone to especially since from what I've seen of the exterior of the house, it might be difficult for him to clean it out himself and not be seen by neighbors.

  15. #15
    Aren't there drive-through car washes so he would not have to get the kids out of the car? He could have used a shop vac or similar at home to detail the car himself in the garage on Saturday morning, too.

    The way it looked to me with LE going to such lengths checking out the undercarriage etc. that it could mean he didn't wash the car and they were finding further evidence. (I could be wrong tho.) I think it is strange we didn't see similar photos of the garage door opened and them doing the same to the other car. (This to me would indicate it was that particular car plus the cargo area would be easier to use for such a purpose.)
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast