Search Warrants

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
We know the police have served at least two search warrants and probably more on Brad Cooper's home, vehicles, and person. As they become available, please post them here. (A link will be neccessary as it takes up too much bandwidth to post them in their entirety.)

Just because additional warrants have been served doesn't mean LE is close to an arrest. They might not find things they are looking for. Remember there were like 3 or 4 search warrants served on Scott Peterson and while they did yield a couple things, they didn't yield anything that indicated how Laci was killed, where, etc, etc. And even with all the search warrants, it still took them nearly 4 months to finally arrest SP.

So let's not jump the gun and get allll excited. It's possible they're looking @ his workplace (and computers) because they didn't find much of anything in the home that would link him to the crime.

Though I do hope LE is making good progress on nailing the perp, be it BC or someone else.

But he says the seal order for a search warrant at Cisco systems says a lot.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the address listed on the seal order --a specific office in building 9 at 71 Kit Creek Road --is Brad Cooper's office.
That search took place out of the public eye and Knudsen says it means more than the earlier search.
"In order to even acquire a warrant to search a separate place connected to an individual there has to be probable cause for a judge to believe that that individual was connected with the commission of an offense and evidence would be found there," he said.

...............snip...............

"It's pretty clear now that he's a suspect. Not just a person of interest, but a suspect," Knudsen said.
Also a third warrant has been issued in the case. And the order sealing it does not describe where or who it was for, only that it regards the Nancy Cooper homicide investigation.

A hearing on unsealing the search warrant in the case will be held Thursday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6294423

But he says the seal order for a search warrant at Cisco systems says a lot.
Sources tell Eyewitness News the address listed on the seal order --a specific office in building 9 at 71 Kit Creek Road --is Brad Cooper's office.
That search took place out of the public eye and Knudsen says it means more than the earlier search.
"In order to even acquire a warrant to search a separate place connected to an individual there has to be probable cause for a judge to believe that that individual was connected with the commission of an offense and evidence would be found there," he said.

"It's pretty clear now that he's a suspect. Not just a person of interest, but a suspect," Knudsen said.
Also a third warrant has been issued in the case. And the order sealing it does not describe where or who it was for, only that it regards the Nancy Cooper homicide investigation.

A hearing on unsealing the search warrant in the case will be held Thursday.

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=6294423

As much as I would like to see what is in those warrants - I have to hope the N & O does not get it's way on Thursday. If the N & O can get them unsealed on the arguement they are presenting - it leaves open the door that a defense lawyer could also get them tossed and any evidence which may have been found.

As much as I would like to see what is in those warrants - I have to hope the N & O does not get it's way on Thursday. If the N & O can get them unsealed on the arguement they are presenting - it leaves open the door that a defense lawyer could also get them tossed and any evidence which may have been found.

Oh, I hope they don't get them unsealed either!

I'm curious, what that additional SW is?:confused:

Interesting.

Ya know, IF it's found that he used his VoIP in a murderous way, or even to just tap into his home phone line and such, wouldn't that bring in the FBI? as isn't that covered under federal jurisdiction?

I don't know if this guy wants the FBI checking into his background.:eek:

JMHO
fran

What I'm trying to say is that it doesn't mean LE will actually FIND something untoward that BC has on his computer. Yes, they have the authority to go look for stuff, and that's very good. And yes, they believe he's the perp, that much is obvious even though they are not saying so publicly.

But just because they have a search warrant and go looking doesn't mean they'll FIND anything incriminating. They might! They might not!

That's the point I'm making.

And yes, of COURSE he's a suspect in LE's eyes. He's the last one to see her alive and he's the husband and they were going through a contentious separation/divorce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff