722 users online (107 members and 615 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Theories

We all have our own theories on what happened to Nancy. Feel free to post your thoughts here.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

My theory: husband did it. Maybe it was not premeditated; maybe it was. Either way I believe something happened when she got home from that party, he killed her, and he dumped her body and pulled a "Mark Hacking" (she never came home after going out for a walk/run early in the morning a couple mi from home).

All too common these days, unfortunately.

I pretty much agree with Sleuthy. She returned from the party, he killed her. He packed her body in the car, drove to the dump site, dumped the body, returned home, proceeded to clean up any evidence he could. He may or may not have gone to the store to buy cleaning supplies. This part is unconfirmed and just speculation at this time.

I tend to think it was not premeditated, or he would have come up with a better story. I just hope for the sake of the children, that they slept through the commotion.

If he had to buy cleaning supplies to clean up the mess from the attack, you'd think he would need to clean himself up first too. That would explain needing to do laundry at 4am. You can use laundry detergent to clean floors, but you can't use floor cleaner to clean clothing.

I think she learned something at that party, possibly a detail about his alleged extramarital affair. They argued and harsh words and threats from her to leave with the children were exchanged, so in a fit of rage he killed her. He then loaded her body into the trunk, went and dumped it, and then went to the store either immediately after doing the dump, or went later after determining he wouldn't have enough products for clean-up.

Has it been determined the children were there? I kind of assumed they were gone for the night since they were away at the party. (or were the kids at the party?)

I agree reefshadow. Nancy had very recently returned from vacation and I believe that one (or more) of the neighbors may have seen Brad and the woman he was having the affair with together......possibly even saw them at the Cooper home and told Nancy about it. It was the last straw for Nancy and, after a few cocktails, she confronted him when she returned home from the party. Maybe Brad opted not to attend the party because he didn't want to face any neighbors that may have witnessed his infidelities.

I truly believe something was said, or something happened at that party that set the chain of events in motion. I think it was a spur of the moment event and was not premeditated hence the sloppiness in covering up the murder.
    Everyone sees who you appear to be ... few really know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by reefshadow View Post
    I think she learned something at that party, possibly a detail about his alleged extramarital affair. They argued and harsh words and threats from her to leave with the children were exchanged, so in a fit of rage he killed her. He then loaded her body into the trunk, went and dumped it, and then went to the store either immediately after doing the dump, or went later after determining he wouldn't have enough products for clean-up.

Has it been determined the children were there? I kind of assumed they were gone for the night since they were away at the party. (or were the kids at the party?)
    I believe she attended the party without Brad and just an assumption because nothing else has been said, that he was at home with the children.

I also believe he's the person who killed her, shortly after she returned home from the party. I believe the jogging story was to make it look like someone else did it, and that's why he put her body where it was found. If he did stop at a store for detergent/bleach I think it was after he'd dropped her body off, on his way back home. I'm not sure what to speculate as to how Nancy was killed, but it seems LE believes there's some forensic evidence in the house or they wouldn't have spent so much time there & removed items.

As I stated in an earlier post before the subforums were created, Brad would be the obvious suspect, but there also could've been a murderous band of gypsies camping on that cul-de-sac.

Not only is that part of town a popular cruising site for people drinking and driving or smoking dope, but I used to have unprotected, hoodtop sex in area neighborhoods under construction and the fact that it took a couple of days for her body to be discovered proves that BrittAbbey Ct. wasn't high-traffic or regularly patrolled.

Quote Originally Posted by Magister View Post
    As I stated in an earlier post before the subforums were created, Brad would be the obvious suspect, but there also could've been a murderous band of gypsies camping on that cul-de-sac.

Not only is that part of town a popular cruising site for people drinking and driving or smoking dope, but I used to have unprotected, hoodtop sex in area neighborhoods under construction and the fact that it took a couple of days for her body to be discovered proves that BrittAbbey Ct. wasn't high-traffic or regularly patrolled.
    The policed stated that this was an isolated incident and not some random act of violence. Which to me means that Nancy knew her attacker, it wouldn't have been a group of kids hiding out smoking dope.

Quote Originally Posted by angiej View Post
    The policed stated that this was an isolated incident and not some random act of violence. Which to me means that Nancy knew her attacker, it wouldn't have been a group of kids hiding out smoking dope.
    That's what they said, and I really can't see what motive a group of kids out smoking dope would have to kill her, plus they'd have to snatch her as she jogged by them. She supposedly didn't even have anything with her for them to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by panthera View Post
    That's what they said, and I really can't see what motive a group of kids out smoking dope would have to kill her, plus they'd have to snatch her as she jogged by them. She supposedly didn't even have anything with her for them to steal.
    I completely agree there isn't a motive for kids having sex or doing drugs to kill Nancy.

curiositycat is offline The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience
    One of the hats I wear, and my favorite, is freelance writer. So indulge me a bit. Young, professionals seem to have it all...gorgeous homes, BMW's, Louis Vitton handbags. But something is missing. It's amazing how many times people get to what they consider the "top" and something is still "missing". All the "things" you think will make you happy aren't doing that anymore. So you look around you and think "it must be my spouse" and find a million things you don't like about the person.
    This I think was where BC's head was. This was what made him vulnerable for an affair. He was living in his "love fantasy."
    Nancy for whatever reason was no longer "wanted." Perhaps he and the "affair woman" both decided to dump their spouses. Maybe, lets say, hers left but Nancy wasn't as easy to get rid of. Now they begin to talk about getting rid of her. The fantasy takes root in his mind. What ever happened on Friday Night was the straw that broke the camels back. There was some kind of confrontation between Nancy and Brad, possibly the adulteress was in attendance also. Whether physically there or not it was all about Brad having to have the one thing that he thought would make his life complete. The mistress. Sex with her was still exciting. (As they say Hot Fudge Sundaes are great but eat one every day and you still get tired of them..Nancy was his Hot Fudge Sundae..he was tired of her) A scuffle broke out and he killed her. Now he alone, or with some help, cleans up and gets rid of the body. Everyone is thinking "Did he leave the kid's alone". No one has thought of it , but in a good novel the girlfriend might have been there with the kids. If one of the kids mentioned that it would be no surprise that the judge gave the grandparents custody
    That's one of my theories..LOL

The police said that nothing has been reported to suggest that this was a random act of violence or anything but an isolated incident, but they didn't catagorically state it was such. (The key is in the phrasing)

My example from my own childhood was that the area isn't regularly patrolled and is pretty much in a "pocket" of Cary, meaning that it's surrounded on at least three sides by the city and any access for county law enforcement would require them to drive through the city's jurisdiction, so they don't get out that way very often.

Once again, I've seen nothing to indicate that her body was well hidden, but she disappeared on Saturday morning and the body wasn't found until Monday evening, so this proves that anything could've been on that cul-de-sac. Holly Springs Rd. is a fairly major artery which could be used by someone passing through and I'm sure that the trucker who recently confessed to a multi-decade, cross-country killing spree left dozens of "isolated incidents", up and down the road.

I completely agree there isn't a motive for kids having sex or doing drugs to kill Nancy.
    Another thing that comes to mind is if where she was found was such a popular hangout, why wasn't her body found until Monday? It seems whoever put her there knew not many people went through the area, imo.

Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast