GUILTY OR - Dawna Bigelow for child abuse, Gresham, 2008

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
This is on a news channel, and then someone put the report on You Tube. I didn't watch it personally and I can't find anything else pertaining to it. I copped the information off of the always up to date Dreamin Demon.

Dawna Bigelow apparently burned a baby. It seems she is pregnant. I'm guessing she is caucasian because somebody left a comment she's a "nasty *advertiser censored*s cracker b*tch". Other than that I can't find anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QYfwNylxk

This is on a news channel, and then someone put the report on You Tube. I didn't watch it personally and I can't find anything else pertaining to it. I copped the information off of the always up to date Dreamin Demon.

Dawna Bigelow apparently burned a baby. It seems she is pregnant. I'm guessing she is caucasian because somebody left a comment she's a "nasty *advertiser censored*s cracker b*tch". Other than that I can't find anything else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QYfwNylxk

Keep us posted Filly, when your able to find something. Knowledge is power, and we can stamp out crime and abuse if we stay on it. If these offenders know we're watching, we can't completely stop it all, but we can thwart much. good find.

OMG!!!!!!!

I hope the jury hangs her!!!!

Salem

That is so sick. I am now sick to my stomach. I can't believe someone would do this. So Sad!

I'm sorry. I don't run You Tube as it takes too long. I would have put a warning if it's that bad.

Yes, no links about this chick as of now. I'll keep looking, Kool Look.

Is this chick from Montana? Maybe her name is being mispelled?

This is just absolutely horrific...how could anyone be cold-hearted enough to abuse a child and feel NOTHING.
To look into that sweet, precious face and completely disregard every emotion you see in it...God I just can't understand. I don't WANT to understand. There is NO exscuse for it.
Yeah, I certainly had a ROUGH childhood both physically, sexually, and emotionally...all that negativity wasn't enough to turn me into a monster. Nor would it ever.
I am tired of people using that as an exscuse (not saying this person is, as I do not know.)
Seems to me like if you can remember all the physical/emotional pain you went thru you could NOT bear to see someone else go thru it. IMOO.

The video at KATU came up immediately for me. It is an interview with the mother holding the baby, who is fine now. She is talking about how she would hear about terrible crimes and was so thankful to have a good babysitter then this happens. They showed pictures of the baby with 2nd degree burns on her face (6 months ago). It looked like a plastic mask. The mother is expressing her fear that the babysitter, being pregnant, will have sympathy from the jury.

The video at KATU came up immediately for me. It is an interview with the mother holding the baby, who is fine now. She is talking about how she would hear about terrible crimes and was so thankful to have a good babysitter then this happens. They showed pictures of the baby with 2nd degree burns on her face (6 months ago). It looked like a plastic mask. The mother is expressing her fear that the babysitter, being pregnant, will have sympathy from the jury.

OOHHHHHH-I misunderstood...(blush, blush...) I need to get off of these boards for a while-I thought the mother had filmed herself burning the child. I am a goof-hit me with a trout...

This is just absolutely horrific...how could anyone be cold-hearted enough to abuse a child and feel NOTHING.
To look into that sweet, precious face and completely disregard every emotion you see in it...God I just can't understand. I don't WANT to understand. There is NO exscuse for it.
Yeah, I certainly had a ROUGH childhood both physically, sexually, and emotionally...all that negativity wasn't enough to turn me into a monster. Nor would it ever.
I am tired of people using that as an exscuse (not saying this person is, as I do not know.)
Seems to me like if you can remember all the physical/emotional pain you went thru you could NOT bear to see someone else go thru it. IMOO.
You know, I have been wondering the same thing. It seems we hear this a lot; that a person blames their abusive behavior on the fact that they were abused themselves as a child. I have spent a lot of time with women who have been abused or raped, and even though there is a lot of rightful anger and rage at what has been done to them, there is an even stronger empathy for other victims and a determined conviction to prevent anyone else from experiencing it.

I question whether actually there is a correlation between being abused and going on to commit further abuses? Maybe amongst men? I just have personally witnessed (amongst women) exactly the opposite. Most people I know of who have survived have emerged with a profound sense of empathy and a heightened sense of justice for other victims.

OOHHHHHH-I misunderstood...(blush, blush...) I need to get off of these boards for a while-I thought the mother had filmed herself burning the child. I am a goof-hit me with a trout...

Don't feel bad. I didn't click on the You Tube link because I was afraid that's what it was. This one is an actual news video...not sure what the You Tube video is since I didn't watch it.

Don't feel bad. I didn't click on the You Tube link because I was afraid that's what it was. This one is an actual news video...not sure what the You Tube video is since I didn't watch it.
Hi, Deb, I never click on anything that might show anyone getting hurt. I did not watch that marine throwing the poor little puppy off of a cliff. I don't know what it is that makes people want to participate in cruelty. Or want to watch it. I think most of the people who would watch such a thing live in a world where they have never, personally, experienced any kind of open-eyed reality. They have never stood face-to-face with life, death, truth. So they play little life or death games with other people's lives. It's twisted. Sick. Sad. And IMO, it accounts for most of the sick twisted crimes in our country. The difficult question is, how to make people aware without making those who watch these things for sport want to commit more crimes themselves? Tough to ponder.

I hope they dole out a fitting punishment! :behindbar

The YouTube one is just the news one too. Its a wonder this poor baby's eyes were not damaged by such boiling water. I'll never understand such cruelty and can only imagine how this woman would treat her own child when its born. I hope they take the baby off her.

I'm slightly confused by this one - the sitter is saying that the child had an allergic reaction to a chemical product and is taking it to trial, from what I can gather from the video.

I guess I don't quite get it but the video seems to prejudge the outcome of the trial and while it could be a miracle that the child has recovered so quickly, I hope that an innocent woman isn't being blamed for what might be at worst negligent, rather than criminal behavior.

On the other hand I guess if I hope that she isn't innocent and being wrongly accused, that means I hope that she did deliberately scald a baby's face, which I really don't either. So yeah, color me confused but I do think the defendant's story at least deserves to be heard. (And if it's BS then it should stand out as such).

October 2008:

A 26-year-old Gresham day-care provider who dipped the face of a 5-month-old baby in boiling water was sentenced to six years in prison this morning.

A sobbing Dawna Marie Bigelow insisted the incident that severely burned and blistered the baby's face was a terrible accident, although a Multnomah County Circuit Court jury disagreed in July and found her guilty of assault and criminal mistreatment.

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index.ssf/2008/10/daycare_provider_gets_six_year.html

The baby made a full recovery :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back