1202 users online (247 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

ABC Foreign Correspondent Busted In Singapore Drug Charges

Peter Lyod the Foreign Correspondent for ABC has been arrested in Singapore on drug charges. The Australian journalist was found to be the supplier of methamphetamine to a Singaporean abuser.

They got this guy twice. What was he thinking? He was in the hospital with a serious eye infection and he's now in a prison facility. He can get some serious time and the dreaded caning.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...13-662,00.html

Sucks to be him.

He deserves his punishment. You do not break the law.

"If convicted of the trafficking charge, Lloyd faces between five and 20 years' imprisonment and five to 15 strokes of the cane. "

Wow, this is surprising to me given as this sounds like a VERY small amount of meth...even if he had a whole 2 grams, when it comes to meth that is NOT very much. By hard users it would be gone in anywhere from a day or day and a half to three at the MOST.
    Especially as the drug is getting weaker and weaker due to the restrictions on the use of ephedrine and other products meant to make meth.
    At the end of my meth reign, when it was getting to be crap a friend and I would do at LEAST a 16th (more than a gram) a night...and would still be able to go to sleep and/or eat....things that would be nearly impossible if you were on the hard stuff.
    Anyway, this guy sounds like he is in a HEAP of trouble no matter the amount. Maybe he will learn a lesson.

But it's Singapore. They are notoriously anti-crime. I wouldn't even jaywalk there.

A kid from my high school made national news while living there with his mom and step-dad (he was origingally from our town). He committed vandalism and was sentenced to caning. It created a huge protest at the time and the government even intervened to get him a lighter sentence. I think his name was Michael Fay.

Quote Originally Posted by asher1979 View Post
    But it's Singapore. They are notoriously anti-crime. I wouldn't even jaywalk there.

A kid from my high school made national news while living there with his mom and step-dad (he was origingally from our town). He committed vandalism and was sentenced to caning. It created a huge protest at the time and the government even intervened to get him a lighter sentence. I think his name was Michael Fay.
    Wow, Asher I remember that case with that kid.

You are right. No jaywalking. I wouldn't throw a piece of paper on the ground there. I can't imagine who that person is he was getting that meth for. Must have been important to him. Watch they let his eyeball fall out or something. He's got an infection and they took him from the hospital to the prison infirmary. Like they'll meet his eye infection needs.

Unbelievable what a guy in a high profiled career like that will do.