Grand Jury Schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just the Fax

Justice For The Fisher's
Reaction score
The Cary Police present their felony cases to the Wake County Grand Jury every other Monday for indictment.

The schedule is:

7-28-08
8-11-08
8-25-08

Looks like the earliest we will see an arrest is Monday evening, 7-28-08.

Thank you JTF, for the information.

So, it's past the first date you listed, so now I guess we can look towards the 11th of Aug.:waitasec:

Providing the recently exercised SW's develope new or damaging 'evidence.'

:behindbar

fran

Well, it's long after five in Cary so guess the next date will be August 25.

fran

Agggh!

The waiting is the hardest part...Tom Petty

Well, if we're nervous, LOL, imagine how old Brad is doing!:behindbar

fran

Well, it's long after five in Cary so guess the next date will be August 25.

fran
Do you or anyone else know how the GJ "works" in North Carolina?

Are their cases and/or decisions secret? For how long?

For instance, could "someone" be arrested later this week based on the GJ's recommendation?

For instance, could "someone" be arrested later this week based on the GJ's recommendation?

I had to go back and find a post by RaisinCharlie on another thread.

I'm not from NC and I'm honestly not familiar with anything a grand jury does except what I've seen on Websleuths.

RC said the gj and LE could keep a decision 'secret.' Or the defense attorney could also know. In other words, IF I understand it correctly, they could keep the fact they heard the case secret and the decision as well, until an arrest. So, yes they could make an arrest later this week, IF they heard the case.

Seems the more seasoned and local posters, well RC at least, don't believe this case has been heard yet by the gj. They think LE is still putting their info together. IF they're doing dna AND computer files and phone records, it's possible it could take a month or so.

We have to remember the person they're investigating is a computer expert of sorts, so LE needs to be a bit more diligent than normally is called for.

JMHO
fran

I had to go back and find a post by RaisinCharlie on another thread.

I'm not from NC and I'm honestly not familiar with anything a grand jury does except what I've seen on Websleuths.

RC said the gj and LE could keep a decision 'secret.' Or the defense attorney could also know. In other words, IF I understand it correctly, they could keep the fact they heard the case secret and the decision as well, until an arrest. So, yes they could make an arrest later this week, IF they heard the case.

Seems the more seasoned and local posters, well RC at least, don't believe this case has been heard yet by the gj. They think LE is still putting their info together. IF they're doing dna AND computer files and phone records, it's possible it could take a month or so.

We have to remember the person they're investigating is a computer expert of sorts, so LE needs to be a bit more diligent than normally is called for.

JMHO
fran

Thanks for the information Fran...and the time you spent finding it! :)

Just a hunch, but based on today's hearing on the SW's, I'm willing to bet the Cooper case will most likely be heard on the August 25th date. Otherwise, I believe the judge would have kept the SW's under seal for an additional 30 days. Because he extended the seal for only two weeks, it appears something will most like break prior to the September release date.

August 25, 2008

JMHO
fran

Honestly, the NC GJ is a joke.
The lead detective walks in and presents the highlights of the evidence.
Within 5 minutes (average in Wake County), an indictment is handed down.

In other words, a GJ indictment requires no more PC than a search warrant.

9-8-08
9-22-08
10-6-08
10-20-08
11-3-08
11-17-08
12-1-08
12-15-08
12-29-08

Giving y'all all the dates for 2008.
After 22 months in the Michelle young murder, we know this prosecutor wants a slam dunk case before he indicts.

Thanks for the dates JTF.

Gosh, I hope this doesn't go on as long as the Michelle Young case! I have no idea what they're thinking about on Michelle's case. It seems to me they have enough to convict, but ya never know.:confused:

I'm personally hoping next week will bring some action on Nancy's case. Although it may run longer because in the past, it seems they need 60 or 90 days for lab work to come back.

JMHO
fran

Tink, I'm sure that would be true. Most GJuries are the same. They could come back the next day or out for a long time , depending on what they have to get through. I'm thinking this may take a few days or even a week.
I'm thinking they have a LOT to go through.

xxxxxxxxxoooo
mama
:blowkiss::blowkiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads