1354 users online (320 members and 1034 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jay Leno Out, Conan Replacing Him on "The Tonight Show" on 6/1/09

Whether he likes it or not, Jay Leno's got a date for his final Tonight: May 29, 2009.
    NBC today set the calendar for the funnyman's mandatory retirement as part of a timetable for the network's rejiggered night-owl plans.
    Heir apparent Conan O'Brien will be installed as Tonight Show overlord on June 1. O'Brien will abdicate his Late Night desk in the spring, most likely March or April, and move from New York to Los Angeles to prepare for his new duties.

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show...825d__ER:78408

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    Whether he likes it or not, Jay Leno's got a date for his final Tonight: May 29, 2009.
    NBC today set the calendar for the funnyman's mandatory retirement as part of a timetable for the network's rejiggered night-owl plans.
    Heir apparent Conan O'Brien will be installed as Tonight Show overlord on June 1. O'Brien will abdicate his Late Night desk in the spring, most likely March or April, and move from New York to Los Angeles to prepare for his new duties.

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-tonight-show...825d__ER:78408
    BOOOOO! I love Jay Leno, there is no reason to force him off, he's funny! I can't stand Conan, he's never been funny which is why he's on much later and should stay there!!! I'll stop watching late night at that point!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

There will never be another Johnny Carson. Jay was ok...but Conan makes me reach for the remote...He is awful.
    Last edited by angelwngs; 07-22-2008 at 08:35 AM.
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

I like Conan's brand of absurd humour though I'm not sure how he'll fare on the Tonight Show. It'll probably be Conan-lite. My favourite is still Craig Ferguson - he's a natural with his guests.

I listen to Jay Leno every night. I can't stand Conan O'Brian. I hear Jay Leno may have a program on ABC. I will be switching with him.

I think Jay Leno did a great job but I like Conan too (maybe better).

I hope he does well.

So what they both suck!

Conan gives me the creeps. I'm in bed by that time anyway, so I really don't care. Jay's like my ole' buddy though. I really like his personality.

Since I am on "Team Letterman", I say that is great! LOL.

I like Jay but I have never seen Conan, so I don't know. Jay is like comfort food if I'm upset. I don't want it exciting and mixed when I need to think about sleeping and if Conan is too stimulating I will switch.

Quote Originally Posted by calidreamin View Post
    So what they both suck!
    AMEN LOL .. i loved johnny carson ,i used to watch him with my grandparents those were wonderful times for me ..

I really don't understand how Conan got the Tonight Show. No one I know in real life thinks he is funny at all. I find him unbearable to watch. I'm not upset over the change however. NBC hasn't had any good shows in years, imo. I hope Jay Leno can find a better network. It shouldn't be hard. In my opinion, anything is better than NBC.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobi View Post
    I like Conan's brand of absurd humour though I'm not sure how he'll fare on the Tonight Show. It'll probably be Conan-lite. My favourite is still Craig Ferguson - he's a natural with his guests.
    Yep, I prefer the L.A. based comedians, soon as Jay is over I switch off Conan in favor of Craig!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Cali -- but im a north east girl at heart!
    i think this is a good move in attracting people in their late teens, early 20s. conan's very popular amongst that age group !!!!!!

You're right, ttrachel04. I LOVE Conan, and I think most of my friends do, too. I do love Leno too, but I'm really looking forward to Conan taking over. Then I don't have to stay up until 1:30 to see his show!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast